Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Website Announcements and Feature Feedback

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleDragonaut
Fire Marshall

Loc: Burn Ward
my post about a ripper
    #4180677 - 05/16/05 01:20 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/4176667/an/0/page/0

First it gets moved, then locked. What is anyone gonna do about this? Is he gonna be banned, or what? Do the mods/admin even care? I'm losing my faith in the Shroomery.

What did I do wrong here? I didn't rip anyone off, he did. Why are my posts being moved and locked?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleYthanA
٩(●̮•̃)۶
Male

Loc: NY/MA/VT Borderlands, USA Flag
Re: my post about a ripper [Re: Dragonaut]
    #4180711 - 05/16/05 01:29 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Hey WI_Shroomer_Skater,

I'm sorry for not explaining my actions more thoroughly. I banned his IP and username the same time I replied to your previous thread. I closed the thread since he is no longer around to tell his side of the story. He asked for leniency and I suggested he gets in contact with everyone he scammed to make things right. Until/unless everyone is satisfied with this issue's resolution, the ban will remain in effect.

Hope this helps clear things up,

-Y

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iceland Flag
    #4180715 - 05/16/05 01:31 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Not sure about the moving of the post, if a post is moved its because you posted it in the wrong forum.

The reason it was locked is that an 'admin' has replied and is looking into the situation.

Also please understand that we get people accusing each other of ripping of, stealing, etc.. We have to look into it first as we can't just take the word of one person over another without question.

So we will look into the situation and make our decision based on what we find out.

InvisibleYthanA
٩(●̮•̃)۶
Male

Loc: NY/MA/VT Borderlands, USA Flag
    #4180729 - 05/16/05 01:36 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

By the way Thor is absolutely right, we take complaints seriously but we also do a complete investigation before acting on them. In this case the process was fast because he admitted to the accusations, but it won't always be something we can resolve in a matter of hours.

InvisibleDragonaut
Fire Marshall

Re: my post about a ripper [Re: Thor]
    #4180735 - 05/16/05 01:38 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks guys. Glad you cleared that up.

The question is, what now is ShroomGuy86 gonna do? This guy (might) still have my address. Is he gonna send the stuff? He's talking about cops in his threads and about how growing is illegal. I'm not growing, but he has my info. Should I be worried? This guy is a jerk, and creeps me out.

--------------------
:dragon: See all my Favorite Threads (lots of info)

:alert: ATTENTION NOOBS: ASK ALL YOUR CULTIVATION QUESTIONS HERE :alert:

buy my impulse and vacuum sealers  :pm: <--click

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iceland Flag
    #4180743 - 05/16/05 01:42 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I always recommend to people that you do not ever make trades using the same address as you grow, in fact this is very risky IMO.

I always err on the side of caution, if you have any concern over this don't take any chances and make sure you have nothing incriminating at home.

As for this guy, I don't know what he will do, I'm amazed he admitted to it, if you have his address maybe you should go find him and ask him for your stuff politely in person :wink:

I kid of course, I'd say its best to move on and forget about this punk, it sucks that people like this exist but they do.

InvisibleDragonaut
Fire Marshall

#4180760 - 05/16/05 01:48 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, I'm not going to go to another state to find him. I'd much rather write it off. It's just the principle of the matter, you know? He ripped me off, he OWES me! If I ever seen him in person... no one would EVER have to worry about him again. There would be no him left to worry about.

Anyways, like I said, I'm not growing. But I do have supplies for growing. Is this incriminating?

--------------------
:dragon: See all my Favorite Threads (lots of info)

:alert: ATTENTION NOOBS: ASK ALL YOUR CULTIVATION QUESTIONS HERE :alert:

buy my impulse and vacuum sealers  :pm: <--click

InvisibleDragonaut
Fire Marshall

#4180789 - 05/16/05 02:01 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I'll drift even further and say that I got banned from Shroomery IRC chat because someone was bragging about doing drugs, and I said: "i told u i was hardcore" in an effort to mock him. I didn't even know you could get booted for that. How lame.

...and it was my FIRST time in chat! how shitty. I barely even got the chance to talk about anything.

OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
    #4180843 - 05/16/05 02:21 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I think some of us might of confused part of the title of this thread "a ripper" with the story about the shroomery's previous member "Ripper".. (I know I did at first)  :smirk:

Anyway, in regards to the claim of geting baned for mocking some of Ripper's final words (before he od in chat) ......
That made me realize something. I use the word "hardcore" very often. I never realized before that when Im talking to another shoroomery member and I use the term "hardcore" that it can paint another picture.

Gosh, I just emailed someone here that I had not talked to in years... I was trying to remind the person who I was by saying "I used to be a "hard core" shroomery member a few years back. I sure hope nobody misunderstood me for mocking Ripper in my statments.

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

Edited by Jammer (05/16/05 02:48 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Feedback and Administration >> Website Announcements and Feature Feedback