Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineNirvana7
stupid doodiehead, class 7
Male

no God?
    #4177574 - 05/15/05 09:38 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

ok, i dont belive in god, jesus, satan, heaven, hell, etc. i dont belive any of that. i just belive that when i die i will rest eternally in peace. how do you think this belief structure will affect my trip. i do belive that their are some greater forces of nature that we dont understand, but not that they are some sort of all powerful force, just something natural. im not sure if talking about spirtuality coupled with shrooming is allowed here but its too late now.

--------------------
________zombie_________

??????? ??  :bubs:??????????:tombstone:

Nirvana7=the enlightenment AND the band

Edited by Nirvana7 (05/15/05 09:46 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: no God? [Re: Nirvana7]
    #4177590 - 05/15/05 09:44 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Nirvana7 said:
ok, i dont belive in god, jesus, satan, heaven, hell, etc. i dont belive any of that. i just belive that when i die i will rest eternally in peace. how do you think this belief structure will affect my trip. i do belive that their are some greater forces of nature that we dont understand, but not that they are some sort of all powerful force, just something natural.

Whatever you want/need. :mushroom2:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineNirvana7
Male

Re: no God? [Re: Icelander]
    #4177593 - 05/15/05 09:45 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

i dont understand what you mean by that

--------------------
________zombie_________

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #4177602 - 05/15/05 09:48 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

It probably won't, unless you're easily freaked out. I don't believe in any higher egos either, yet it's never affected my trip.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflineNirvana7
Male

Re: no God? [Re: Ravus]
    #4177613 - 05/15/05 09:51 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

thats cool, i really dont want to go into this first trip trying to find out about whats really out there or whatever, id rather search myself for answers, and of course enjoy the fun visuals part of the experience aswell

--------------------
________zombie_________

Offlinezahudulallah
Sexual Heretic

Loc: Tokyo, Japan
    #4177632 - 05/15/05 09:55 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

God is my co-creator

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #4177653 - 05/15/05 10:00 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

...make sure an experinced tripper is near on the first time.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

OfflineNirvana7
Male

Re: no God? [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #4177752 - 05/15/05 10:28 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

i have no friends in the country. not even anyone thats sort of a friend but not really.

--------------------
________zombie_________

Invisibleentheoindole
Seāð Wīdfarend
 User Gallery

Loc: Eormensyll, Vīnland
Re: no God? [Re: zahudulallah]
    #4177968 - 05/15/05 11:18 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

zahudulallah said:
God is my co-creator

We are as much a part of "GOD" as "GOD" is apart of us.

"GOD" is a relative term. Depending, largely on what one's ideologies are.

The best Psilocybin experience I've ever had brought me closer to this so called "GOD". It was quite an unexplainable feeling! I use the word "GOD", for lack of a better term...

Maybe your first tryp will change the way you feel about (non-)existence beyond death. Tryptamine experiences tend to be transcendental and this lends to transcendent ideas. Life after death is quintessentially transcendent in it's self.

I would like to hear about your first experience with this "ally" or as Huxley put it, "Moksha Medicine".

Enjoy :thumbup:

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: no God? [Re: entheoindole]
    #4178020 - 05/15/05 11:28 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Then go low first time.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

OfflineDoom
Rogue

Loc: ghost-train city
Re: no God? [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #4178062 - 05/15/05 11:35 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Then why are the commercials always about a certain lifestyle, instead of how great it is to quench one's thirst? Water is equally, if not better, fit for quenching thirst. Lime or cactus juice is even better.

I got through maybe, 70% of Huxley*s *Island* and just put it away, I finally realized that he wasnt going to say anything interesting or novel.

Invisibleentheoindole
Seāð Wīdfarend
 User Gallery

Loc: Eormensyll, Vīnland
Re: no God? [Re: Doom]
    #4178103 - 05/15/05 11:43 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Well, you have put his work in the proper era for it to display it's novelty. In his time he was quite an individual. Now a days his thoughts are one of millions. He did however, inspire A whole generation of people to explore their consciousness. I would say that is a novelty... Just my opinion though. :smile:

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
    #4178168 - 05/15/05 11:59 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Nirvana7 said:
ok, i dont belive in god, jesus, satan, heaven, hell, etc. i dont belive any of that. i just belive that when i die i will rest eternally in peace. how do you think this belief structure will affect my trip. i do belive that their are some greater forces of nature that we dont understand, but not that they are some sort of all powerful force, just something natural. im not sure if talking about spirtuality coupled with shrooming is allowed here but its too late now. 

I'd say as long as you don't cling to your disbelief in God you will be fine... maybe even better off than most. You're starting on a good stance, as long as you're open-minded enough to see past your own disbeliefs if you find yourself "face to face" with any dieties. :smile:

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #4178593 - 05/15/05 02:02 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Nirvana7 said:

Hey man, you'll do fine. :wink:

Just keep your mind in a relaxed, open state. Allow yourself to perceive what is going on in your experience as it comes to you. If there is any truth out there for you to find, you'll find it. Don't force anything, don't expect anything, don't try to control yourself or your experience with thoughts... just go with the flow. :wink:

As far as how your belief structure will affect your trip, I think it will feel the naturalness of your experience and the world around you. I think you'll have a great chance of knowing it for what it is. Many people form belief structures, with which they fill in definitons of what reality is and is not, and this often times prevents them from ever having a chance of knowing what reality is and isn't. :grin:

Perhaps you could think on these very kind of thoughts? Take a look at how your mind is creating your experience of reality from your direct perceptions of it. Aim at just existing in a state of being, finding your identity before thought, before any aspect of your mind or your life. Experience reality in a state before you define what it is, before you attach labels and attempt to control it. Contemplate the natue of awareness, of consciousness. What is awareness? :laugh:

Just take it easy and let yourself naturally develop. :wink: :thumbup: :mushroom2:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineDruginduced
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #4178824 - 05/15/05 03:15 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Nirvana7 said:
ok, i dont belive in god, jesus, satan, heaven, hell, etc.

Dont think of these topics as physical entities or places... think of them as symbolism. Symbolism used to describe to the layman 'complex' thoughts or ideas of heaven, hell, a supreme ruler who IS everything good and a supreme ruler who IS everything bad. You can be in Heaven while physically alive, and you can be in Hell while physically alive: all based upon your state of mind....

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #4178997 - 05/15/05 04:09 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Nirvana7 said:
i dont understand what you mean by that

I mean whatever your belief system is it should be ok as long as it's what you want to believe.

Having said that. The more life affirming your outlook and beliefs the more likely you are to have a good trip. Set and setting are very important. Sorry to be so vague. :thumbup: :heart: :mushroom2:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Loc: mountains and lakes
    #4179192 - 05/15/05 04:59 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

ok, someone enlighten me, what in the hell does belief in god have to do with drug trips?

--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

OfflineNirvana7
Male

Re: no God? [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #4179238 - 05/15/05 05:18 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

thanks for the responses, i will definitly keep an open mind during my trip. after it all happens ill post a trip report in the trip tips section.

--------------------
________zombie_________

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #4179300 - 05/15/05 05:43 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

please do give us a trip report!  its one of the reasons I came here in S&P was to ask questions regarding shrooming coupled with spirituality :wink:

sit back and think about what it means to have an open mind. not to judge so quickly (as in right/wrong, good/bad) and being able to let go.  easing up the mind's intense thoughts and enjoying silence and peace within.  have tons of fun!  :sun:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

OfflineNirvana7
Male

Re: no God? [Re: kaiowas]
    #4179479 - 05/15/05 06:24 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

definitly, im going to set aside atleast 30 minutes of meditation time to just let go and think. i think that my mind is built to belive what it wants, aslong as it has evidence to support what it belives, as aposded to someone whos mind is nieve, gullible, unwilling, weak, etc.

--------------------
________zombie_________

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order