Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: DXM, Morning Glory Seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Tuff Ghost.

Writing while tripping
    #4179026 - 05/15/05 06:17 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Well, yesterday I began my third trip into the world of mushrooms.

A little background: The first two times I ate mushrooms were both solo and both times 3.5 grams.

My first time I ate the whole eighth and although it was a very intense trip with some not exactly "delightful" experiences, I felt like I got a lot out of it and learned a lot about myself.

My second trip I ate about 1.75 grams and then an hour and a half later ate the other 1.75. It wasn't as intense as my first trip, but, it was much more enjoyable and I ended up learning a lot about myself again.

Both of these trips were during the night.

Yesterday, I ate 4.5 grams on one of the most beautiful days of the year. It was about 70 degrees and moslty sunny. I ate the mushrooms around 4 pm. The come-up was amazing. So much fun and I had some great visuals. I had a notebook outside that I was just doodling on while I was coming up.

But, as I entered deeper into the trip I tried to right down all the thoughts I was having, and in depth. I wrote about 8 pages worth of stuff, however, for some reason I don't feel as this was as powerful as my past two trips despite the fact I ate a higher dose.

I came to the conclusion that because I was trying to write down what was coming to me I really wasn't letting my mind go and show me what it had to show me. It was like I was restricting it.

So, my question is - are there any of you that do write while you're tripping and find that it's beneficial?

And as far as what I wrote...oh, man. Just...weird.

She wanted my agony in her body.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator

Re: Writing while tripping [Re: Lovetricity]
    #4179089 - 05/15/05 06:34 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I've written a few times while tripping, not on shrooms normally, but on DXM and once on shrooms.

After I'm done writing, I realize it mostly looks like rambling and scribbles, and I only wanted to write it, because at the moment it sounded good.

I don't suggest writing with shrooms, maybe something simplistic and beautiful like haiku.

So it goes.

Loc: new england
Re: Writing while tripping [Re: ryanvergel]
    #4179599 - 05/15/05 09:01 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

on my most recent trip a few weeks back i ate half an eighth of shrooms and 350 morning glory seeds. i started writing about when the peak started and ended up writing 20 pages about my life. looking back on it the next day, i saw that i wrote some really good realizations that i dont think i wouldve ever thought about sober. when i had started writing i had the intention of doing a stream of consciousness kind of writing. i just wanted to keep my pen moving, so whatever i thought about i wrote. as time went on and i got deep into my thoughts i started thinking and writing a little slower. the first two pages were all shit that didnt really mean anything, but after that there was a lot of substance.

it was most interesting looking back on it because i could look back at what the trip was doing to my mind. it was kind of funny seeing my handwriting change throughout the trip, as i was coming down a little bit and writing more legibly.

it was not an intense trip at all, wish i had taken more shrooms, but the writing made me get a lot more out of it than i would have if i hadnt wrote.

Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien

Tuff Ghost.

Re: Writing while tripping [Re: nightkrawler]
    #4179661 - 05/15/05 09:17 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Ha, I know exactly what you're talking about when it comes to the handwriting changing, especially it becoming more legible towards the "end" of the trip.

I think that doing two grams or so seems like the ideal dose for writing while tripping. It sounds like you still have a pretty vivid and unnatural thought pattern, but still maintain some sort of "conscience".

Looking back on it, it turned out almost like an AIM conversation. There was not one fluid voice in the writing. It was a question/answer sort of dialogue. I even mentioned in it that trying to write everything down is futile because my writing seems light years behind what I'm actually thinking and I kept having to stop my "thoughts" to try and go back and write down what just went through my mind.

She wanted my agony in her body.

Loc: Qld, AUS
    #4181010 - 05/16/05 03:06 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

haha yes writing on shrooms can be a very interesting experiment. here's a few quotes from my last trip:

"it feels like mexico in here.
that last thing i wroite seemed overly funny a moment ago, to the point i had to stop writing because writing down what was so funny at that time was an act so funny in it's self that it couldn't possibly be put into words; but now i'm not so sure."

"he thinks it's funny that i came outside and i've only just stopped laughing. he is encouraging me to document this and is glad i find that amusing"

"there is one point i wish to emphasise, but each timne i concentrate on what that is he makes me laugh. < writing this is as close as i can get to describing 'it' without him scrambling my thoughts."

haha crazy

what i'm listening to: http://www.audioscrobbler.com/user/ajnachakra/

Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
    #4181740 - 05/16/05 12:20 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

You can write things but they never add up.
In the depths of your psychedelic mind, anything can equal the secret to the universe.

You are right though, writing and talking is holding you back from experiencing. Anything that is not laying down and tripping takes your mind off of it. Try a dark room and maybe a little music. Writing is fun but much better to write a trip report after the trip.

No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #4182652 - 05/16/05 05:08 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I write while tripping all the time.  Writing in general is very special/sacred to me.  I have a special, leather-bound journal that I keep all my personal thoughts in.  Writing becomes especially helpful if you start to experience anxiety during the trip, I've found. 

However, there are times when tripping when it's best to put the pen away, lay back and let everything happen. :grin:

Re: Writing while tripping [Re: MOTH]
    #5527753 - 04/18/06 02:11 AM (10 years, 6 months ago)

You fuckin idiots(that doesn't mean anything bad) get a tape recorder. you can't write close to the speed you can think, if you put a tape recorder on you can just start babbling, and let thoughts stroll out as you think them, what you write while tripping probably doesn't make a lot of sense because you think a lot of thoughts and while you write im sure you miss details. Plus if you think up some crazy thought this will usually lead to another thought, another and so on. If you're trying to write your thoughts than you'll have to stop your train of thought to concentrate on thinking about what you just thought and by the time you get done your train of thought that the last thought you just wrote was leading to just left without you and you probably won't catch it again. If you just get into the flow of thinking outloud the things recorded on the tape recorder would make a lot more sense than what you write and contain much more detail.

Loc: Reading the map...
Re: Writing while tripping [Re: starlove]
    #5527850 - 04/18/06 02:31 AM (10 years, 6 months ago)

I remember 'receiving' some magnificent revelation and feeling compelled to write it down, and then I considered that writing down the message conquered the whole purpose... and was useless.

It is fun to write though... whilst tripping. This one time I started to write a trip report as it was happening, and then the trip turned mighty sour... anyways, like 10 hours later when I was coming down I read this little bit of info I got out before diving headfirst into the swimming pool of insanity.

whats left?

Loc: only the truth is left
Re: Writing while tripping [Re: Herbus]
    #5527893 - 04/18/06 02:39 AM (10 years, 6 months ago)

writing can really help you figure things out and change your conciouness
writing has given me faith sometimes which is amazing

to understand everything
one must understand
one cannot understand everything

God says dance with your heart
And shake free of you desire

Where theres a will theres always a way
When you get confused listen to the music play

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: DXM, Morning Glory Seeds