Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblep4kSouL
Animals Are Cool
New to Salvia
    #4178920 - 05/15/05 05:42 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Im new to salvia and it seems really interesting. Ive never tried it before and I was wondering what some peoples opinions on it was. I have a couple questions on it to if you all woudnt mind. So what part of the salvia plant is smoked? Could it be smoked everyday like weed? Also is there any mental or physical problems that I could be aware of?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTrainwreck
No. Really.

Loc: Southern California
Re: New to Salvia [Re: p4kSouL]
    #4178947 - 05/15/05 05:49 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Erowid.com

Invisiblep4kSouL
Animals Are Cool
Re: New to Salvia [Re: Trainwreck]
    #4178975 - 05/15/05 05:59 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I read that website but it doesnt awnser all my questions.
Could it be smoked everyday like weed? Also is there any mental or physical problems that I could be aware of? Also I was wondering what some peoples opinions on it was.

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
    #4178989 - 05/15/05 06:03 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

The leaves are smoked, and you can smoke it everyday but for me personally I don't see how it's possible. It's one of the most powerful drugs out there in the sense that what you take out of the experience can be a lot to process and can take days, weeks, or months before one feels comfortable enough to try it again. What I usually do is smoke in bursts: I will smoke several times in a few days and then not smoke again for a half year or whenever I feel the pull to enter the salvia world again. It's not really an enjoyable high like weed or alcohol or shrooms can be. It's something completely different and unique in it's own right. I would describe it as shocking, alerting, fascinating, terrifying, confusing, cartoonish, transporting, mind blowing and unpredictable. If you are planning to try salvia, I suggest you do a lot more reading from the many salvia websites around the web, this is not something anyone should rush into looking for a quick high.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #4179007 - 05/15/05 06:12 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

There are some threads here that might interest you.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Invisiblep4kSouL
Animals Are Cool
Re: New to Salvia [Re: chodamunky]
    #4179012 - 05/15/05 06:12 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah my friends had some crazy experiences with salvia. I see all these different types of salvia like extractions 5X 10X. Do I really need extractions to get a trip or can I just smoke dry leaves and still get intense trip?

Offlinekillme
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#4179028 - 05/15/05 06:18 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

You have to smoke a lot of leaves to trip. I've never been able to do it, but it all depends on your tolerance to the drug. It's different for everyone. One gram of 5x is a pretty good place to start I would say.

And no, I do not see how anyone could smoke it everyday for an extended amount of time. It's not really an enjoyable experience. Well, I could see maybe smoking the leaves everyday because it gives you a decent high, but not the extracts. I bought 3 grams of 20x about 6 months ago and still have over 2 grams of it left if that gives you any idea of how often I use it.

Invisiblep4kSouL
Animals Are Cool
Re: New to Salvia [Re: killme]
    #4179444 - 05/15/05 08:15 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Ok well I just purchased about 5 grams of dried salvia leaves. I dont know how I should smoke them. Should I smoke them in a bong or joint? My friend said that its better to smoke salvia leaves out of a joint but I dont really believe him. Also is there anything I need to do while smoking to increase a trip?

Offlinedarkstar45
inquisitivetraveler
Male User Gallery

#4180348 - 05/15/05 11:59 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

a couple of weeks of ago i was just like you wondering about salvia because it sounded pretty cool, then i ordered 2 grams of 10x extract and did it like 5 times within a two day period. it was different from what i expected. not nesecarily good but not really bad. it was very different from anything i have ever done. id recomend trying it, just for the unique experience. it was the first time i experience complete ego loss. its weird because one minute you smoking the salvia, then it immedieatly hits you and, if you took enough and did it right, you just become gone. i say go for it. alot of people say its a better experience when you get plain leaves and smoke them every night for a couple weeks to lower your tolerance, on account of the whole reverse tolerance issue, but if you cant do that, then go with some 10x. oh, and dont do it alone, it can get pretty intense.

--------------------
There he goes...
One of God's own prototypes.
A high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.
Too weird to live and too rare to die.

OfflineRetired
Re: New to Salvia [Re: darkstar45]
    #4180355 - 05/16/05 12:02 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

purple sticky! (www.purplesticky.com(get the 80))
Smoke out of a water pipe. Do not smoke to much or you will black out.
I had to video tape myself to remember what I was doing cause I would black out

InvisibleStonerguy
I smoke penis
Male

Loc: Lost
    #4180467 - 05/16/05 12:28 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

It is a very interesting drug. It might take a couple of tries to break through. It isn't anything like any other trip I have had. It't kinda hard to explain. Like the guy said earlier on in this thread I'll smoke salvia for like 2 weeks straight then stop for a couple of months. I only order the plain leave now, I started out on 20x then 10x but the leaf suits me just fine now. Remember to hold in for about 20-30 secs, it is easie on the lungs but taste like shit.

--------------------
yawn...
SG

Invisiblep4kSouL
Animals Are Cool
Re: New to Salvia [Re: Stonerguy]
    #4184395 - 05/16/05 11:51 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I just smoked my first salvia today and man I thought it was amazing. It wasnt extracted salvia, just leaves. I took about a good 5 hits and I felt it come in on me. I didnt really hallucinate much but it was very interesting and amazing. I like how salvia doesn't really fuck with your emotions like shrooms do. Usually after I eat shrooms I get deeply depressed but with salvia I seem to be more then happy. Does anyone smoke lots of salvia and like the experience? I hear allot of people dont like it but I thought it was very unique and joyful in a way.

Offlinepantsboy
I troll because I care.
Female User Gallery

Loc: 8====D ~o
    #4184409 - 05/16/05 11:55 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Don't chew it. It doesn't seem to work. I don't know what all those sites say, but I wasted a hell lot of it by chewing it and it didn't do a thing, even though I followed all the directions.

--------------------
Acid doesn't hurt when you're on fire. :frown:

"Mushrooms are only similar to penises in their appearance." - LeBron James (2013)

ToiletDuk said:
"Bus squelching is not to be laughed at."

Invisiblebudsicle
s?igh?tsee?r

Re: New to Salvia [Re: pantsboy]
    #4186344 - 05/17/05 01:56 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

full blown salvia experience is scary.. only 5meoDmt has compared to it in intensity

OfflineT85
Stranger

Loc: US
Re: New to Salvia [Re: budsicle]
    #4186504 - 05/17/05 02:24 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I find Salvia too strange for the most part. I've never enjoyed it, but have always came back to try it again because I forget exactly how weird it is. Worth a go-round without a doubt though.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience