Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Air Pump, HEPA Filter, Impulse Sealer, Laminar Flow Hood, Ultrasonic Humidifier, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
quart jars and h/poo
    #4178894 - 05/15/05 05:33 PM (12 years, 11 days ago)

i took 4 quart jars and added about a half a cup of h/poo then i added some grain spawn, about 1/5th the the total ammount of poo(1 WHOLE cup) then added the other half a cup of poo. the other thing i did was spawn with some half colonized carboard clone slices. for this i laid down one slice(a quarter of the whole circle) and then put down a half a cup of poo then 2 more slices of carboard, then another half a cup of poo and the last slice of carboard. i plan on letting them colonize fully then add a casing layer and then fruit in the jars. i used this idea from someone i cant remember who, but they cased some pf cakes inside quart jars and fruited in the jars. i hope this works out wish me luck. i will post results later on. also the lids are tyvek. any other questions just ask. oh and these are the 4jars after preparing them:

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinelowdominion
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: new england
Re: quart jars and h/poo [Re: lordoftheshroomz]
    #4178934 - 05/15/05 05:45 PM (12 years, 11 days ago)

:laugh: looks cool probably could make a realy easy humidifier air exchange for all those with one air pump empty 20oz bottle some airline tubing. probably overcomplicate for this grow but it would look cool :grin:

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Re: quart jars and h/poo [Re: lowdominion]
    #4178940 - 05/15/05 05:47 PM (12 years, 11 days ago)

yea i plan on jus fanning the jars 3+ times a day once i induce fruiting but eya this si supposed to be a simple stealth grow

--------------------
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

#4178979 - 05/15/05 05:59 PM (12 years, 11 days ago)

a question of mine is would shaking the jars say halfway through colonization be beneficial to increase colonization times?

--------------------

Offlinelowdominion
Stranger
 User Gallery

#4178991 - 05/15/05 06:05 PM (12 years, 11 days ago)

no i would not you want the poo to stay nice and airy and light it should colonize quick by itself

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Re: quart jars and h/poo [Re: lowdominion]
    #4178994 - 05/15/05 06:07 PM (12 years, 11 days ago)

okie dokie will do, its nice and airy so im not gonna shake. thanks

--------------------

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
    #4179001 - 05/15/05 06:11 PM (12 years, 11 days ago)

If all goes well, they will colonize into a solid mass you cannot shake & trying to shake them - would be harmful.

--------------------

Offlinelowdominion
Stranger
 User Gallery

#4179002 - 05/15/05 06:11 PM (12 years, 11 days ago)

no prob :smile:

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
    #4179128 - 05/15/05 06:41 PM (12 years, 11 days ago)

I have use wide mouth gallon jars invitro - spawned with a pint of colonized WBS to about a quart of pasturized h/poo & they did well, the way I did it.

I put a brass fitting valve in the jar lid - that would accept fish tank air hose, with a mini hepa filter in the line - from an small fish tank pump - for fresh filtered air exchange.

I also had a 3/4 inch hole in the lid, with a sterile gauze medical pad taped over it for gas exchange & positive air pressure exgaust.

I PC'ed the jars empty - prior to adding the spawn & substrate mix.

Once the sub was fully colonized, I masking taped tin foil around the jar base, to avoid bottom pinning. Then exposed the jars to light & positive pressure fresh air exchange on a timer.

The object was to make as STERILE prints - as possible.

I opened them in a flow hood to harvest the caps & print the caps.

Invitro will get you very clean prints - if done properly.

It is hard to see, but the caps are setting on a thick plastic laminate squares. Once the prints are layed, I use another piece of sanitized laminate over the top & use an impulse sealer to create a 3/16ths inch square seal around the border of the print.

Invitro is not a great thing - if you are going for product WEIGHT.

--------------------

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Re: quart jars and h/poo [Re: agar]
    #4179145 - 05/15/05 06:47 PM (12 years, 11 days ago)

nice work!, im hoping to get like 2-3 doses out of my work, and some prints.

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #4179344 - 05/15/05 07:52 PM (12 years, 11 days ago)

Works quite well.

5 grams for the jar. I like keeping a jar like this next to my bed on my night stand every night. Its like 1/4in grain in the bottom of the jar..small handfull of poo..shake and incubate..case and cover with foil..let it sit _uncovered_ out on your dresser. My room isnt high humidity at all..probably 50-60% or less and I didnt mist it once except when I cased it. After casing, incubated for a day, no patch, just stick it out. No fan, no nothing. You could put a CD case or a bag over it if you wanted and just pull it off for a lot of the day.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Re: quart jars and h/poo [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4179578 - 05/15/05 08:53 PM (12 years, 11 days ago)

hahah its a comfort object for u isnt it scatman  :smirk: but nice to see that it produces great results, although i might be misting mine cuz i live in a dry area like 30-40% rh

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Air Pump, HEPA Filter, Impulse Sealer, Laminar Flow Hood, Ultrasonic Humidifier, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation