Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinevindicated
Lost
failed bulk attempt- what went wrong?
    #4178812 - 05/15/05 05:10 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Recently I took A Koh Sumai print acquired through the VVV a print thread and produced 8 pf jars to test the strain out. The jars colonized in record time but I had no real plans for them so I put them in storage at a little under room temperature. After a few weeks I put the jars back up to growing temps for a few days and spawned them to about 5 times as much pasteurized horse manure. It's now the seventh day since spawning. My moisture content is as good as it gets and even the broken up pieces of myc have gotten fuzzy but they just won't colonize the manure. I've done this a few times before but I've never had a failed attempt... as far as I can tell conditions are optimal, I have a thermometer in there the temperature is at 80. This batch of manure smells a bit stronger than once i've done before i'm think maybe the poo wasn't dry enough.

My quistion is what are some of the reasons this may have failed?

--------------------
Even if that girl in your class didn't see you look at her thong, someone else did. That's one more person who thinks your a pervert.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
Re: failed bulk attempt- what went wrong? [Re: vindicated]
    #4178847 - 05/15/05 05:22 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

well the cakes might have dried out which is a problem, were they dry to the touch? u should have dunked them anyway before spawning especially if they were sitting there like that

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

Offlinevindicated
Lost
Re: failed bulk attempt- what went wrong? [Re: lordoftheshroomz]
    #4179018 - 05/15/05 06:16 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, that may have been the problem... I'll try that on my next experiment, yeah i'm guessing it was just the freshness of the manure but i just wanted to see if there were other possibilities like the cakes being to dry. Thanks

--------------------
Even if that girl in your class didn't see you look at her thong, someone else did. That's one more person who thinks your a pervert.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation