Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineGatorB
Stranger
Loc: Southeast Tennessee
Mashing up PF Cakes for casings...
    #4178782 - 05/15/05 05:01 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Do the experts recommend smashing with fingers, using a tool like a fork, or using a blender? And why?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
Re: Mashing up PF Cakes for casings... [Re: GatorB]
    #4178791 - 05/15/05 05:06 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

i think roadkill recomends a food processor, btu u could also put the cake in a sandwich baggie, then use a fork inside the bag or ure fingers outside the bag to break it up. make sure the fork is sanitized with some alcohol or something first

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

OfflineSammy
Between the fold

Loc: you'll shoot yer eye out ...
Re: Mashing up PF Cakes for casings... [Re: lordoftheshroomz]
    #4178817 - 05/15/05 05:12 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I use a cheese grater I got from the dollar store .. MUCH quicker than doing it by hand. Some say to put it in a baggie and break it up with a fork until it's the size of frosted mini wheats... some chuck it in a food processor.. some do the cheese grater.

WHY: Usually, you want to break it all up into small pieces. This makes the general consistancy of your casing more airy. Another reason to break up a cake like that... is to spawn to a bulk substrate (poo or straw or compost) so it gets millions of inoculation points from where mycelium start to grow. You definately want to avoid turning it into 'mush' in the food processor... and definately want to avoid the 'small holed' side on the grater.

Sam

--------------------

I believe in the Golden Rule ? The Man with the Gold . . . Rules.
- Mr. T

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
Re: Mashing up PF Cakes for casings... [Re: Sammy]
    #4178835 - 05/15/05 05:19 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

thats a good way sammy i never woulda thot of that 5 shrooms for u! :thumbup: :thumbup: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2:

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
Re: Mashing up PF Cakes for casings... [Re: GatorB]
    #4178983 - 05/15/05 06:01 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

if you do wbs all you need to do is drop cakes into a baggie and mash it up w/ your hands. they break up very easily and there are so many contact points for the spawn run (assuming bulk)

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation