Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
Re: the more you smoke [Re: nicoleapril]
    #4303862 - 06/16/05 01:49 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Edited by StickyWater (05/03/08 12:07 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinephutonrevolt
Fraudulent Foe

Re: the more you smoke [Re: Dimmy]
    #4305118 - 06/16/05 07:10 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Dimmy said:
heres my take on it. before, when i would only smoke once in a while, it would take me some time to get high. somethin along the lines of a few bowls with some buddies, and when i'd finally get high, i'd be real high. now that i'm more of a daily smoker, i can feel it after one hit, but even if i smoke a bowl to myself there isn't the same intensity as there used to be. heavy smokers can get high of smaller amounts than occasional smokers but they don't reach the same intensity. thats my two cents.

i agree whole heartedly. i smoke daily and find this to be true.

OfflineDurak
Stranger
Re: the more you smoke [Re: unearth]
    #4309640 - 06/17/05 11:19 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

unearth said:
i read on erowid the more you smoke pot the easier you get high so you have a reverse tolerance,but i always hear that when heavy smokers smoke a bowl its more of a chill,but when someone who doesnt smoke so often they get way more high.and my friend said you do build a tolerance.so im hearing a bunch of different things which is correct.

That's not true. Having smoked 3 or 4 times a day (or more on weekends usually) of mids for a year, I'd say your tolerance builds up. It takes you more and more to get high. Curiously though it levels off and you get the same kinda high every day. It differs for people, but for me I still got pretty high my first smoke in the morning. During the afternoon the high was ok, and by night you don't really high but really tired.

That is if you make it to night, I've had several weed naps turn into full blown sleeps that last 12 hours.

Edited by Durak (06/17/05 11:20 PM)

Offlinemagicdust
Stranger
Re: the more you smoke [Re: Durak]
    #4441033 - 07/23/05 12:49 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

from my experince i have found that as long as u dont smoke the same bud everyday then the tolerance level really isnt all that bad of an issue. i have been smoking for 4 years or more now and as long as i dont smoke the same weed all the time then i get ripped off every bag. happy toking

Offlinethaiiisticks
Stranger
Re: the more you smoke [Re: magicdust]
    #4441175 - 07/23/05 01:31 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

in the past year at college i smoked wayyyyyyyy too much (3+ gram blunts a day and maybe a latenight bowl) and i have no idea what you guys are talking about this reverse tolerance nonsense, but unless i am smoking NYC haze, i can't even get high.. like yeah i can smoke weed and whatever get "high"...... but to get HIGH its all about the quality.. also i found if i scrape my bowl and just rip a huge resball to the face i can get stoned out of my fucking mind and just play counterstrike or wander this site.. but as far as reverse tolerance? no way.. i mean you can realize you're high when you smoke every day.. the effects are easily recognized when its a common state of mine.. but also you know how to control it and act.. which makes the high less intense... however this is just my experience, but i mean i never in my life met any everyday smoker who got higher then they used to, nor higher quicker.. i can smoke a blunt like its a cigg and be perfectly fine... i mean i wouldn't take my sat's again.. but i can drive home at 90%.. :smile:

--------------------
Hey, me no worry, hashish keep my eyes Chinese
Rollin two Phillies together make blunts Siamese
I meant it, I represent it, descendant made of
early natives that were captured and taught to think backwards
Trapped us in a cracker psychiatric, it's massive
A Million Man March, alert the masses
Ten glocks, Armani in small print, upon my glasses
Don assassins, armageddon, the wettin'
Never freakin the beast, seven heads, got the righteous threatened
Life Was Written, the plot curves behind the settin'

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Re: the more you smoke [Re: thaiiisticks]
    #4441969 - 07/23/05 08:12 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

thaiiisticks said:
in the past year at college i smoked wayyyyyyyy too much (3+ gram blunts a day and maybe a latenight bowl) and i have no idea what you guys are talking about this reverse tolerance nonsense, but unless i am smoking NYC haze, i can't even get high.. like yeah i can smoke weed and whatever get "high"...... but to get HIGH its all about the quality.. also i found if i scrape my bowl and just rip a huge resball to the face i can get stoned out of my fucking mind and just play counterstrike or wander this site.. but as far as reverse tolerance? no way.. i mean you can realize you're high when you smoke every day.. the effects are easily recognized when its a common state of mine.. but also you know how to control it and act.. which makes the high less intense... however this is just my experience, but i mean i never in my life met any everyday smoker who got higher then they used to, nor higher quicker.. i can smoke a blunt like its a cigg and be perfectly fine... i mean i wouldn't take my sat's again.. but i can drive home at 90%.. :smile:

I didnt read most of the posts because the first ones were talking about reverse tolerance...I also have no clue what the hell you all are talking about if you say there is one...the more you smoke, the less high you get for the amount you smoke. I'm a constant smoker sine I dont smoke cigerettes, it is my cigerettes..and I can assure you, my tolerance is high and it takes me a good amount of THC, be it good bud, or lots of it, to get me nice and really fucking high....And when I had to stop for probation and I only took 2 rips every 2 weeks for 2 years (of some mid grade bud) I would be RETARDED, almost tripping. You build a tolerance on bud, and thats a well known fact, I have no clue how anyone could think differently...

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineEarthEater
Stranger
Re: the more you smoke [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4442329 - 07/23/05 10:46 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

yeah that shyt is totally not true...ive been a heavey smoker for the last three years (3-4 blunts a day) and my tol.has gone way the fuck up! I also recently took a month off, and when i started back up it was almost like how it was when i was 13 again.Bu tthis is entirely ooff of schwag cuz thats milwaukee's numb. 1 seller due to its cheap cost... but nugg on the other hand is always a knock out

OfflineChiefess
ExperiencedToker / AmateurMushroom Hunter

Re: the more you smoke [Re: EarthEater]
    #4442461 - 07/23/05 11:11 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

no, it CAN HAPPEN. some people acquire reverse tolerance, where the more weed one smokes the lower their tolerance gets. ive only met one person like that, but it does happen, though very rarely.
look here http://www.ukcia.org/research/gettman3.htm

--------------------
Been Tokin'!

OfflinePlok
Life is fractal
Male

Loc: Los Angeles
Re: the more you smoke [Re: unearth]
    #4442576 - 07/23/05 11:26 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Weed has really gotten boring for me. I get primo buds and the high is OK but I always end up really tired and my mind is very clouded, not in a good way. I always end up eating waaaay too much.

--------------------
Just say NO to the War on Drugs.

Offlinechuck_lanuck
More Strange
Male User Gallery

Re: the more you smoke [Re: Plok]
    #5300729 - 02/14/06 08:41 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

it all depends on the rate you smoke at.

If you're a daily smoker, especially a multiple-times-a-day-smoker--yes, you'll build up a tolerance. if you never let your body become fully sober again before you smoke some more, then a tolerance builds. My friend smokes right after he wakes up, at lunch, after classes, and then when he goes to bed. He now smokes about $5-7 worth of weed daily, and complains to me how he never gets high like he used to unless he "chomps a nick"
(takes a whole five bag to the face)

But if you just smoke, say 5 bowls a week, on 5 different days--you will build up a negative tolerance. I can definitely attest for that. Lately I've become like the weed efficiency nazi--i get baked outta my gourd as much as I want (which is only about 5 times a week--I have a decently busy life schedule) and what does this cost me? about 3-4 dollars worth of weed, per week. that's it. and i smoke middies-fair quality shit, not even that great.

before--when i smoked just rarely, i remember it'd be me and few buddies and we'd get a dime between us and just smoke it all, and only after that would we be high. but then, we'd be majorly cake face baked.

so, to state my opinion--YES--there is such thing as a negative weed tolerance.

--------------------
We're all mad here.

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: the more you smoke [Re: chuck_lanuck]
    #5300825 - 02/14/06 08:58 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

i find that when you smoke the high lasts for a few days afterward in VERY subtle ways.

this is not an issue for tolerance until you smoke for 2-3-4 days in a row and then tolerance starts building up a bit.

you have to let yourself get SOBER before you smoke again to really really be ripped...... or at least somewhat sober.

i find that when i have a habit of smoking, and then i take a break, i gradually get the sensation that i'm becomning "sober" and it feels really trippy, almost like i'm getting high even though i'm not doing anything at all. things start looking different.

i'm feeling that way now.

also its important to learn how to conserve your weed. a few hits can get you as high as a bowl, its whatever you make a habit of that will get you high. for people that just say fuck it and smoke back a whole bowl, pretty soon that whole bowl is going to be a standard dose.

but if you start out feeling out the weed and smoking just a bud or something and really paying attention to the high and stretching it by asking "what does higher feel like?" and "am i still getting higher?" and like meditating and stuff, you can get high on 1/3 the stuff it would normally take most people even if its low quality buds.

whenever you get back from a break, smoke as little as possible and keep your doses consistent, then just space them out to where you don't smoke up again until you've come down. or if you smoke a few times a day, at least have a day or two break between smoking.

its habitual and regular use that brings tolerance up for the most part.

i dunno, weed is a tricky thing.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Offlinedonkey2
Stranger
 User Gallery
Loc: Northeast
Re: the more you smoke [Re: leery11]
    #5300932 - 02/14/06 09:22 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I smoke about 4 times a day plus, mostly bongs, and i can tell you that tolerance does not really increase unless you are smoking mids or worse. Headies will never fail to get you fucked off your ass, and the only tolerance i notice is just being able to roll with it. At times when id smoke more the only change i would notice is just my vision becoming more distorted. Pot is definately mildly to quite psychedelic. One time i domed a full gram of some of the best pot ive smoked out of a 5 foot pvc bong that worked quite well. I was tripping so hard that i would see about 3-5 frames of vision per second, but had no trouble handling myself. The only reverse tolerance i have encountered is that sometimes after being high for a month straight, the high becomes much more mental with deep intense thoughts and an increased imagination, and usually am more quiet when stoned in social situations. All in All i love pot, and it has all positive effects for me!

--------------------
Peace and Happiness to all.

Offlinebeatnicknick
The Innovator
Male User Gallery

Re: the more you smoke [Re: browndustin]
    #5301128 - 02/14/06 10:06 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I smoked for about two years straight, first about once every couple of weeks and then I moved on to once or twice a day.  My tolerance grew so huge and the overall feeling of being high became no longer enjoyable, so I have stopped.  It was about a week ago since I stopped and my lungs are going nuts but its all for the better.  After a few months of being clean from marijuana I'll smoke about once a month if even.  Instead I'm replacing a lot of my mary J time with super small shroom doses, which get me three times as high and about 100 times more philosophical and intelectual.  It's cheaper too, about $5 for a quarter eighth when I usually buy a gram and smoke it in a day, spending $10.  Plus it forces moderation, and lasts three times as long.  I highly suggest this to anyone who doesn't eat weed or have one of those evaporator thangers and are trying to give the old lungs a break.

I still love weed.  But too much of a good thing is a bad thing. :syringe:

--------------------
I don't think for myself. I think as though I'm explaining my thoughts to someone else. I'm concerned only for those listening.

Offlinefazdazzle
Wanderer

Re: the more you smoke [Re: beatnicknick]
    #5301275 - 02/14/06 10:45 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

beatnicknick said:
The set and setting you smoke:
When I smoke alone I usually just chill and barely think.  Cool if you want to chill, but not fun.  When I smoke with my two best friends we talk philosophy and try playing mind games, then it becomes funner and more trippy.  It's also the place you smoke. Being high in public tends to make me chill more and be more paranoid, but it's still quite the expirience.

This is huge for me and thanks for pointing it out! :smile: I never really noticed it until you mentioned it. If I'm with other people they have different ideas and do different things so I react differently than I would react to my own actions & thoughts (if that makes sense.) Even in daily life if I just agree with someone it's not very stimulating and I'm just like "yeah that makes a lot of sense." but when I'm stoned and someone just takes my mind around the universe I seem a lot more stoned.

Also the set seems to make a giant difference. When I'm excited to get high (you know, that giddy "I can't wait to get stoned," feeling) it is much better. When I smoked because I have nothing better to do and just want to take advantage of an altered state of mind, it's not nearly as satisfying. Generally smoking with friends gets me in that perfect excited state of mind.

Edited by fazdazzle (02/14/06 10:55 PM)

OfflineKaleidoscope
Voodoo Child
Loc: the 28th dimension
Re: the more you smoke [Re: fazdazzle]
    #5301487 - 02/14/06 11:34 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I can't even get high anymore off of average grade bud...unless I smoked an insane amount.

it's funny though, a super small bowl of headies gets me blasted...like OBE, trippy blasted.

--------------------

Purple haze, all in my brain, lately things just don't seem the same. Actin' funny but I don't know why, 'scuse me while I kiss the sky.

Offlinebeatnicknick
The Innovator
Male User Gallery

Re: the more you smoke [Re: fazdazzle]
    #5301984 - 02/15/06 02:24 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

fazdazzle said:
Quote:

beatnicknick said:
The set and setting you smoke:
When I smoke alone I usually just chill and barely think.  Cool if you want to chill, but not fun.  When I smoke with my two best friends we talk philosophy and try playing mind games, then it becomes funner and more trippy.  It's also the place you smoke. Being high in public tends to make me chill more and be more paranoid, but it's still quite the expirience.

This is huge for me and thanks for pointing it out! :smile: I never really noticed it until you mentioned it. If I'm with other people they have different ideas and do different things so I react differently than I would react to my own actions & thoughts (if that makes sense.) Even in daily life if I just agree with someone it's not very stimulating and I'm just like "yeah that makes a lot of sense." but when I'm stoned and someone just takes my mind around the universe I seem a lot more stoned.

Also the set seems to make a giant difference. When I'm excited to get high (you know, that giddy "I can't wait to get stoned," feeling) it is much better. When I smoked because I have nothing better to do and just want to take advantage of an altered state of mind, it's not nearly as satisfying. Generally smoking with friends gets me in that perfect excited state of mind.

Yeah all you need is some good weed, a week off from smoking, and the luck to have a few good friends with minds that thrive off philosophy.  Not too many people where I am seem to be open minded enough or even intelligent enough to start talking philosophy and the true meaning of this all, and all the wonders of it, you just have to provoke these conversations with all sorts of people while sober and you'll find the right minds to spark up with. :stoned:

--------------------
I don't think for myself. I think as though I'm explaining my thoughts to someone else. I'm concerned only for those listening.

OfflinerDr4g0n
Young Hand
Male User Gallery
Re: the more you smoke [Re: beatnicknick]
    #5302624 - 02/15/06 10:36 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

ive smoked like 3 times in my whole life. the first time i didnt feel crap. the 2nd and 3rd time, i did like 2 hits and i was gone for a few hours. if i closed my eyes i could see all sorts of crap (usually related to the music i was listening to) and if my eyes were open i had a HUGE increase in tactile sensitivty. i could feel every tiny little thing touching me.

anyways, so i never smoke, but when i have, its been a huge high.

--------------------
i can speel... im just too lazy to sppelcheck.

My first trip (good read) - Speed Leaching Poo! - My Second Trip (with art)

Offlineshroomandweed
Toker
Male
Re: the more you smoke [Re: rDr4g0n]
    #5303080 - 02/15/06 12:57 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

i smoked a ton for teh past year like most weeks 2-3 times a day and it was great i never relaly had much tolerance because i varied the type of what i smoked it never became to pricy because id jsut buy smaller amounts of better pot, it was a good run until i got caught and now i've been clean for atleast a month and on friday am smoking a j of some fine shit, ill probabaly get extremely ripped

as far as minds go the first time i smoked i had the weirdest thoughts but it was so interesting ot me, i always try to look at things differently when i am stoned and try to think about things that i take for granted or ignore in regular day to day life, it doesnt jsut have to be heavy philosophy to get your mind going it can just be thinking about simple shit you really don't think to hard about often

peace and keep it smoky

--------------------
Breathe, Breathe in the Air
Don't be afraid to Care

Invisiblesupersapien
Sapient

Loc: US Ohio
Re: the more you smoke [Re: shroomandweed]
    #5303564 - 02/15/06 03:31 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I've been smoking a lot more recently than I used to, mainly because I'm aggravated at not being able to find ANYTHING anymore. But I think the only difference is that I'm USED to feeling like that. When you first start it's such a new experience and all and there's so much to do and try. But now I've done everything there is to do. I was all like, "Hey, I wonder what it's like to do this while high!" That has passed.

It still takes the same amount of weed to get really high, in fact I've been smoking smaller amounts lately to prevent getting retarded.

OfflineMrMolotov
Ganja Patrol
Male

Loc: SoCal
Re: the more you smoke [Re: supersapien]
    #5304612 - 02/15/06 08:36 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

i smoke 1 to 3 times a day usually only once tho and i still get just as high as i always do since i started smoking weed which was after i started using mushrooms.

--------------------

OI OI OI

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds