Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineGreatGigInTheSky
Stranger
Loc: Earth
Led Zeppelin anyone?
    #4155107 - 05/09/05 09:13 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

So I hear everyone talking about the best music to trip to... Shpongle, Pink Floyd, The Beatles, Tool... all the underground bands etc. But nobody every seems to mention LED ZEPPELIN... and to me Led Zeppelin is perhaps one of the most amazing bands of all time. One of the most distinct vocalists in rock and roll... plus one of the most talented guitar players, bass players, and drummers. In my opinion Led Zeppelin is probably the ultimate band to either trip to or just simply listen to... my favorite album of theirs is 3. But all of the albums they've made are absoultely amazing. If anyone else here finds Zeppelin to be some of the greatest music ever... please post and share with me your favorite album, and some awesome stuff you've found out about the band. Woot woot.

--------------------
All matter is merely energy condensed into a slow vibration, we are all one conciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
Re: Led Zeppelin anyone? [Re: GreatGigInTheSky]
    #4155191 - 05/09/05 09:38 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

They have awesome music, but I think theres far better music to trip too other then Zeppelin.  Give it a try and see what it's like :thumbup:

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

InvisibleDieCommie

#4155197 - 05/09/05 09:39 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

3? maybe i should give it another listen, but i find it to be the worst of the first 4 classic albums.

I like 1 best, closley followed by 2...

house of the holy sucks imo, physical grafiti is good.

those 6 are the only ones i have

OfflineniCCa
BwaBwaHan
Loc: Earth temporarily
Re: Led Zeppelin anyone? [Re: DieCommie]
    #4155247 - 05/09/05 09:57 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

No quarters \m/

--------------------
Heaveno...CU CU CU CU CU in the Highway...Peace

InvisibleautomanM
blasted chipmunk
 User Gallery

#4155512 - 05/09/05 11:10 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

thye recorded a tune called "The Lemon Song". when i heard it, i decided to play bass... that was probably 15 years ago when i was in jr. high. if anyone gets the chance, listen to that song and get past how well page is playing and just listen to how well j.p. jones is diggin into that bass. awesome

--------------------
No, no, you're not thinking, you're just being logical. ~ Niels Bohr

OfflineFleaAccela
Hip-HopEncyclopedia

Re: Led Zeppelin anyone? [Re: automan]
    #4166223 - 05/12/05 12:15 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

my dad used to put huge koss studio headphones over my mother's stomach and play zeppelin when i was in the womb. the first record i ever played on my own free will was led zeppelin's first album. i listened to alot of zeppelin from birth till i was about 13. i listened to them pretty much as filler in highschool because i was so burnt out on them from hearing them so much growing up.

nowadays, i don't really listen to them anymore. i don't particularly have a favorate zeppelin album, its really hard to choose because each album is disticntly different from the next. there is so much evolution on each album. i do, however, really hate coda (even though i really like 'wearin and tearin' and 'in the evening').

my least favorate zeppelin song is "stairway to heaven". it's quite possibly one of the most overrated zeppelin tunes of all time. if "stairway" is your fav zep tune, you have no soul.

my favorate zep tune is "that's the way". my second favorate is probally "archille's last stand".

stuff to know - jimmy page bought allister crowley's castle.

--------------------
:royalrainbow:I love rolling... my Katamari!!!:royalrainbow:

Offlineemptywisdom
simple being oflight
 User Gallery

Loc: Lemuria
Re: Led Zeppelin anyone? [Re: FleaAccela]
    #4166439 - 05/12/05 01:20 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

that's the way is my favorite Zeppelin tune as well. I think 3 was the best thing they ever did, but the next three albums after that sure kicked alot of ass. 

I've listened to Zeppelin 3 on 5-meo-AMT and Extacy, it was suprisingly great for mood. I doubt I'd ever put it on for mushrooms or acid, though.

Great Band! :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineXUL
OTD Janitor
Male User Gallery

Loc: America Flag
    #4166836 - 05/12/05 02:38 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

tangerine is my favorite song

i like their more bluesy stuff too, like the lemon song and riverside blues

i heard from vh1, that jon bonham pooped in a groupies shoe, and when she put it on she was honored :rolleyes:

--------------------
TRUMP 2020

Offlinemcawesome
my own god

Loc: south jersey
Re: Led Zeppelin anyone? [Re: XUL]
    #4177469 - 05/15/05 08:46 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

i have owned every album for about 7 years, and i am 24...my fav album is also LZ3, but my favorite song is achilles last stand...either that or the 25 min version of dazed and confused on the song remains the same...that movie is crazy...

--------------------
Think for yourself
Question authority
Throughout human history, as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are, or where we are going in this ocean of chaos, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open-mindedness; chaotic, confused, vulnerability to inform yourself.
Think for yourself
Question authority

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale