Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineextinguishment
day tripper
 User Gallery

Loc: Further
motor coodination (specifically, in the drivers seat)
    #4160711 - 05/11/05 03:23 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

i would like to find out if anyone has experience driving in this altered state, if/and what the dosage was.

i feel that psil affects motor coordination more than lucy. i wanted to drive and could have easily from that single white unperf but didn't. i feel that mary has varied but mostly non-detrimental effects to driving ability.  :bongload::stash:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: motor coodination (specifically, in the drivers seat) [Re: extinguishment]
    #4160823 - 05/11/05 06:00 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Best to be on the safe side, and just avoid driving, take public transportation, have someone else drive you, or walk for a few hours while not-sober. If you were in the middle of nowhere with no one else on the roads, ever, then you'd probably be cool to drive, but since that's almost never the case, it's important to keep yourself AND OTHERS safe.

:sun:

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

OfflineGreenOsiris
Stranger

Re: motor coodination (specifically, in the drivers seat) [Re: dblaney]
    #4161153 - 05/11/05 09:00 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Even when you think you are cool to drive it's best to wait a while. A friend came over and we did some mush. After we both felt like we were pretty much done he took off, but once he was driving (it was raining) he got another surge and nearly freaked out. He said it was the worst expereince for him ever tripping and he would never want to have to do that again. Be careful

Offlineviper100fm
mustash invation

Loc: budtown B.C
Re: motor coodination (specifically, in the drivers seat) [Re: GreenOsiris]
    #4162019 - 05/11/05 01:44 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

me and a friend did some mush and were pretty disappointed with the trip so after a few hour we made the hour and a half drive home in the pouring rain. it was trippy and in a way heightened the experience but that made it hard to concentrate. and when we pulled into my driveway he touched the brakes so lightly and they completely locked up.. it almost gave me a heart attack :eek:, good thing it didn't happen on the highway

--------------------
"Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man
Is either a fool or a coward.
Whoever can not take care of himself without that law is both.
For a wounded man shall say to his assailent
If i live i will kill you,
If i die you are forgiven,
Such is the rule of honor..."

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #4162154 - 05/11/05 02:21 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Do not operate heavy machinery while on mind altering substances.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
    #4162606 - 05/11/05 03:56 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Drove around aimlessly for about a halfhour on 1.5 tabs of pyramid blotter.

When I got to a "destination" (parking lot a couple towns over) I stopped. I couldn't remember how I'd gotten there... only thing I remembered from the driving part was feeling very in control and very aware of my surroundings the entire time. Whether this was illusory or not is highly debatable.

It was also one of the funnest* things I've ever done... or atleast... I remember thinking that. (* SEE DISCLAIMER.)

Then I realized what I had just done... and common sense came flooding back to me. I called a friend and told him I'd just driven about 20 minutes to [location] on 1.5 hits of strong blotter.

He says, "Okay, meet me at Stop'n'Shop and I'll drive you around."

So I'm like, "Okay!" and I hang up.

Right after I hang up, I realize that my incredibly bright friend's solution was for me to drive 20 minutes BACK to the stop'n'shop in our town.

So I drove back.

No incidences that I remember.. heh.

DISCLAIMER: Driving around on mind-altering substances is EXTREMELY dangerous. DO NOT DO IT. It's fun when it goes well, but I'm willing to bet it doesn't always go well. Couldn't tell you for sure, because I never did it again. None the less... as we all know, when things go wrong on psychedelics, they go REAAAALLY wrong.

--

Another incident involved a friend driving us home from the beach on a single rainbow blotter.

These weren't the most intense tabs, so we all felt pretty comfortable with him driving... but the route home involved this long and winding road that he felt the need to speed down.

At first, it scared me... but then I just closed my eyes and experienced some of the most incredibly closed-eye visuals I've ever had.

He didn't kill us either... go figure.

OfflineMeThoD
MeThoD

Re: motor coodination (specifically, in the drivers seat) [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #4173205 - 05/13/05 11:51 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Apparently it's fun, but also super sketchy when cops are in sight.

--------------------
Every empty bowl must be filled, and a full bowl must always be emptied.

OfflineVALIS
vast activelivingintelligencesystem
 User Gallery

Loc: neverwhere, az
    #4173232 - 05/14/05 12:07 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Coordination's no problem.

It's easy to get lost though, which can be scary.

Sometimes you think you're driving way too fast or way too slow.

And the paranoia of, a: getting pulled over by "law enforcement", b: involved somehow in an accident, c: both.

Other than those things, I think it's fun. Make sure you have a valid license and current insurance and registration and no warrants on you - which can induce heightened feelings of paranoia.

At least that's what I've heard.

--------------------
Nature is the Technology of the Divine.

Offlinejimbu
jimbu
Male
Loc: nsw, australia
Re: motor coodination (specifically, in the drivers seat) [Re: VALIS]
    #4173512 - 05/14/05 02:41 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

don't do it.

everyones different, every trip is different.. personally, i've driven once i THOUGHT i'd come down. fortunately it was only a 5 minute drive, but my motor coordination skills were affected, my perception of distance and time were affected, and it was NOT safe.

OfflineGreenOsiris
Stranger

Re: motor coodination (specifically, in the drivers seat) [Re: jimbu]
    #4173904 - 05/14/05 08:26 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

This post sounds like a debate of whether or not to drive under the influence of psychadelics. Needless to say this is a pointless debate and shouldn't even be debated. It's a stupid idea.... period

OfflineVALIS
 User Gallery

#4174949 - 05/14/05 02:35 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

GreenOsiris said:
This post sounds like a debate of whether or not to drive under the influence of psychadelics. Needless to say this is a pointless debate and shouldn't even be debated. It's a stupid idea.... period

Some people would say the same about "doing drugs" - not only are you a danger to yourself, but you'll pose a threat to innocent people as well...

At any rate, remember this: practice makes perfect.

That's what I've always said about driving drunk, and it works especially well with hallucinogens as well.

Remember that you were a risk to yourself and to other innocent people when you were first learning to drive... but after practice - you got good at it, and now only pose a minor/insignificant/incidental threat.

Driving on mushrooms is definitely fun - no debate about that.

--------------------

OfflineGreenOsiris
Stranger

Re: motor coodination (specifically, in the drivers seat) [Re: VALIS]
    #4175170 - 05/14/05 03:32 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I don't see how tripping is a danger to anyone besides myself, but I suppose that's debatable. I don't think however that it's debatable to drive while tripping. I just can't see any argument that would ever convince me that it was safe. Maybe it would be different if you were out in the middle of no where by yourself with no traffic or people, houses, etc. around for miles but realistically when is this ever going to happen? All I know is that I have had times where people are blending into doors and becoming inanimate objects all of a sudden- I can't imagine what that would mean for traffic lights and on-coming cars.

Seriously? Just keep practicing driving under the influence? It sounds like the most irresponsible thing I could fathom doing behind a wheel. I would be more comfortable letting a 16 year old drive me than getting behind a wheel while tripping. There is no doubt in my mind that it could be fun and exciting but that doesn't mean it's a good idea. Whatever though I have said my piece, I would just hate for someone who is considering the idea to read this post and convince themselves it was safe to do and end up killing someone. Why take the chance? Let someone sober drive you around and whip around corners really quick- That's a blast! Just don't endanger others at your own amusement.

I understand that practice makes perfect but what exactly are we trying to accomplish? Trial and error is just that- it contains error and error can cost lives. There's my 2 cents plus another 3 dollars worth  :smile:

OfflineNexus555
Stranger
Re: motor coodination (specifically, in the drivers seat) [Re: dblaney]
    #4175202 - 05/14/05 03:40 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

PLEASE do not drive! There are too many risks when you drive, even more so in wooded areas! When you are intoxicated on anything, you are risking your own life, and more importantly, other peoples lives. If you mess up, you could kill a whole family in another car, that is not cool. #1 you just ended an innocent person (or persons) life. #2 you will most likely go to jail for at least 10 years - life if you accidently kill someone in a car.

Ok now everyone says a wooded area or secluded is fine. IT IS NOT. It is just as dangerous as a city. If you drive down areas with less humans, the animal population is much higher. It is very common to see some sort of an animal run accross the street everywhere in the US. If a deer comes in the street, or an animal runs across, will you being tripping out on shrooms know exactly and percisely what to do? That's what I thought, please don't risk other peoples lives for your stupidity.

OfflineVALIS
 User Gallery

#4175405 - 05/14/05 04:35 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

GreenOsiris said:
All I know is that I have had times where people are blending into doors and becoming inanimate objects all of a sudden- I can't imagine what that would mean for traffic lights and on-coming cars.

That would just mean being careful and on the lookout.

Or, to just not get in the car and try to drive off while you're at a stage in your trip where people are blending into doors and other crazy shit that you don't have control over.

I've been to the point where I couldn't see past my nose, what with all the swirly geometric shapes moving about... but I sure as hell wouldn't try to drive like that - it's dangerous enough just trying to walk... but when you know exactly where you're at in your trip and you just got the usual FX going on ( time distortion, tracers, colors, visions, etc ), then that's prime time to practice up on your driving skills so long as you're mostly careful and responsible about it.

--------------------

InvisibleStarchild
Stranger
    #4175473 - 05/14/05 04:50 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I did it, thursday before last. 1 hour into a one-hit acid trip and after smoking 3 bowls with a friend 2 hours before I set out. I took a drive to a park at the base of a mountain here. All I have to say is that it was not noticeably harder than driving high, and I was still somewhat stoned at the time so that might have been the principal cause of any impairment I had. But I was driving fine pretty much the whole time. There would be periods of a minute every now and then where I couldn't remember driving for that minute, but that happens even when you're not under the influence of any drug.

I think, IF you feel like you absolutely must drive...you must be completley confident in yourself and put any paranoia of being caught out of your mind. That seems to really mess with people. It's probably a better idea to just not do it at all though, if you can help it.

--------------------
Be the change that you want to see in the world.

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

-Mahatma Gandhi

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: motor coodination (specifically, in the drivers seat) [Re: Nexus555]
    #4175622 - 05/14/05 05:27 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Nexus555 said:
PLEASE do not drive! There are too many risks when you drive, even more so in wooded areas! When you are intoxicated on anything, you are risking your own life, and more importantly, other peoples lives. If you mess up, you could kill a whole family in another car, that is not cool. #1 you just ended an innocent person (or persons) life. #2 you will most likely go to jail for at least 10 years - life if you accidently kill someone in a car.

Ok now everyone says a wooded area or secluded is fine. IT IS NOT. It is just as dangerous as a city. If you drive down areas with less humans, the animal population is much higher. It is very common to see some sort of an animal run accross the street everywhere in the US. If a deer comes in the street, or an animal runs across, will you being tripping out on shrooms know exactly and percisely what to do? That's what I thought, please don't risk other peoples lives for your stupidity.

:thumbup:

OfflineGreenOsiris
Stranger

Re: motor coodination (specifically, in the drivers seat) [Re: MOTH]
    #4175743 - 05/14/05 06:13 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

You guys can't be serious

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #4175825 - 05/14/05 06:50 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

GreenOsiris said:
You guys can't be serious

Replying to me? We are on the same side here. Driving on shrooms = bad idea.

OfflineGreenOsiris
Stranger

Re: motor coodination (specifically, in the drivers seat) [Re: MOTH]
    #4175937 - 05/14/05 07:33 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Valis + Starchild

OfflineMike_Ologist
4-phosphoryloxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamineconnoiseur
    #4175979 - 05/14/05 07:47 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Don't do it. The "practice makes perfect" argument is hugely irresponsible and utterly senseless.

"Doing drugs" does not pose a risk to others when it's done alone. There's a difference between you and a 3,000 pound chunk of metal.

Practicing driving when you're first learning is sensible only because transportation is an essential part of daily life. Transportation while tripping is most certainly not.

In the end, nobody here can stop you. But some of the viewpoints brought up here are truly disgusting. And this isn't a moral perspective; it's a well-reasoned one. If you ever hurt me or mine and I found out you were tripping and doing it 'just to have some fun,' be sure I'd beat you to a bloody pulp.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies