Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
wuts gonna happen to my bulk substrate?
    #4175275 - 05/14/05 06:01 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

i had no other choice (for reasons i dont feel like explaining) but to boil/sterilize my bulk substrate? is it really that necessary to pasturize rather than sterilize?

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleGnuBobo
Frilly Cuffs Extraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Charisma
Re: wuts gonna happen to my bulk substrate? [Re: lordoftheshroomz]
    #4175312 - 05/14/05 06:11 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

You have a mass of nutrient-rich substrate with no natural organisms to ward off invaders. It's a huge sitting target for any contams. You'd have to keep it sterile until it was fully colonized if you want it to work. It'd be like trying to do PF cakes in open air, I believe. Just a big PF cake.

--------------------
Jerry Garcia. JERRY GARCIA! JERRY GARCIA!!!!

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Re: wuts gonna happen to my bulk substrate? [Re: GnuBobo]
    #4175320 - 05/14/05 06:14 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

well i knew that much but if i have plastic wrap over the container this should suffice...idk things over my way havent gone right in anyway i jus want somethign to go right for once

--------------------
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

InvisibleGnuBobo
 User Gallery

#4175330 - 05/14/05 06:17 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

You have a bulk container that you boiled, but it was wrapped and sealed with plastic the whole time?  It was heated and cooled in this way?  How did you rig your air exchange? 
Are you just going to put some tape over an inoculation site?  What are you using to inoculate? 

Meh, I'm not an expert.  Maybe wait for someone more knowledgeable.  :wink:

--------------------

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Re: wuts gonna happen to my bulk substrate? [Re: GnuBobo]
    #4175349 - 05/14/05 06:23 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

no i didnt leave the plastic on while boiling duh!

once i spawn (method of inoculation) i am going to put plastic over the container, then poke a few holes in it for air exchange

--------------------

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

#4175369 - 05/14/05 06:27 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

ok i only boiled ti for a half hour so maybe it will be sorta in between pasturization and sterilization, but this will all jus be an experiment, i have a feeling things will start going good for me when my PR and EQ syinges arrive

--------------------

InvisibleGnuBobo
 User Gallery

#4175483 - 05/14/05 06:51 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Keep us posted, then.  I think you'd need a flowhood to spawn to a sterilized substrate, or at least a glovebox.  Dunno.  Anyone else tried this?  Good luck.  Maybe it'll work out.  :shrug:

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation