Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Ayahuasca

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleStarchild
Stranger
Just picked up a 1/4 (Now with 4g trip report)
    #4174692 - 05/14/05 03:31 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

So my best friend called me this morning to inform me that one of our friends who deals drugs had a bunch of shrooms and we've both been waiting some time for the magic muushies to come around again :crazy2: Anyway, I decided to get a quarter while my friend picked up an eighth. I have never taken more than 1.5 grams so I'm looking for some advice.

The idea of an intense trip doesn't scare me really, I mean I fully respect the power of the mushroom and I expect it to blow my world apart...so what I'm getting at is, should I go ahead and take the whole 1/4 or will an 1/8 still be enough to satisfy me? There's actually one big shroom that's 3.9 grams by itself (our friend weighed it in front of us), so maybe I should just take that? What kind of trip should I expect from a quarter?

Also, if I do a quarter, would it make sense to take 1/8 at first then the other 1/8 an hour or so later, in hopes to extend the peak and total duration of the trip? Or will that cause too much of the effect to be wasted due to tolerance?

And finally...what kind of activities might I enjoy while tripping on that kind of dose? The last two times I did acid (1 hit both times) I spent most of my time listening to music and looking at myself in the mirror, among other small side-quests (I took an hour long round-trip drive to the base of a local mountain peak, as far as the road goes before it ends, right before the peak of my most recent acid trip). I have access to parks, wooded areas, my house will be empty during the day or I can just wait until very late at night after my parents are asleep and watch movies, listen to music, do stuff on the computer, or take a trip to the woods at night. Really whatever I want to do...but what will I actually be capable of doing? What have you all found that makes for a good experience?

Sorry for the long-windedness....I'm still pretty new to psychedelics so I'm looking for as much advice as possible. Thanks  :mushroom2:.

--------------------
Be the change that you want to see in the world.

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

-Mahatma Gandhi

Edited by Starchild (05/17/05 08:40 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery
Re: Just picked up a 1/4 [Re: Starchild]
    #4174727 - 05/14/05 03:41 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

If you really think you're ready take 1/4, but that experience is a LOT different from 1/8th. Don't drive around on shrooms, go for a walk in the forest with your discman, bring your friend who's taking 1/8th so he can guide you around a bit better. Don't split up the dose if you think you're ready for it just eat them slowly, you could take 15 minutes to eat them or 1/2 an hour which would change the trip duration and intensity a bit, it will also give you a slow controlled comeup so it's not as much of a shock.

Good luck and enjoy!  :mushroom2:

--------------------
GET MAD SWAG MONEY BIG PIMPIN

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #4174895 - 05/14/05 04:18 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

If you've never taken more then 1.5, then oh yes, an eighth will satisfy you nicely. :smile:  Although it might be quite intense. 

It's always good to remember to increase dosage gradually, and only after gaining some experience with the drug you are taking.  No need to rush, take it step by step. 

I'd recommend taking 3 g's instead of an eighth, maybe even 2.5.  Mushrooms are powerful.  Even a smaller dose can skyrocket you into the infinite in the right mindset/setting.  If you haven't ever read 'The Psychedelic Experience' then I recommend you check it out.  That book has changed the lives of many Shroomerites.  It's a fantastic resource for the psychedelic traveler, especially if you are interested in having intense tripping experiences.  I reread that book to prep before every dose I take.  Here is the online version.

Stay safe and good luck.  :heart:

Oh yes, and for activities, anything is possible!  Driving should be avoided at all costs of course.  Nature is fucking awesome on shrooms, so is painting and writing, even if what you create is gibberish.  Looking through books of art (Escher!) can be very transfixing while tripping.  Sampling fruit is good too.  All sorts of things, depends on what you are comfortable with and what you like.  :sun:

Edited by EllemyshShade (05/14/05 04:23 PM)

OfflineToddo
Stranger
Male

#4174946 - 05/14/05 04:34 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Please do not do them even if your parents are asleep. I say do them during the day. I did that with one of my friends and it was 4hours of intense paranoia and horror of getting caught. Woods at night might be pretty sweet tho.

--------------------
Shroomery Composition Contest

InvisibleStarchild
Stranger
Re: Just picked up a 1/4 [Re: Toddo]
    #4175304 - 05/14/05 06:09 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks for the responses. The only reason I have a problem deciding between taking ~ 1/8 or the full 1/4 is because some of my friends have said that they didn't trip very hard on an 1/8, but some others have said that they tripped really hard on 2.5 grams and an 1/8 is like the most they would take. So I'm not quite sure who to believe, and that's why I am considering taking the full 1/4 so that I know FOR SURE I will be getting the experience I'm looking for...

EllemyshShade:

I've read the first few paragraphs of that book before online and completely forgot about it. I'll probably read the rest soon thanks to your reminder  :thumbup:.

Now, just a general question....what exactly makes driving hard when you're tripping? I drove better when I was tripping on acid than I usually do stoned, and I drive stoned A LOT. Not saying that I particularly want to risk that, but I have an expensive sound system in my car and that's where I listen to all my music. If I can't use it that'll kinda suck  :mad2:.

Oh, and Toddo:

I would definitely rather not trip while my parents are home but I've never tripped at night, I think it would be cool. Just a little harder to find stuff to do late at night around here.

I think being with nature is going to be an important part of my trip....the only thing I'm pissed about is that the trip doesn't last long enough! I feel like I won't have enough time to do everything, you know? What a dilemma  :tongue:.

--------------------

-Mahatma Gandhi

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

#4175596 - 05/14/05 07:17 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Starchild said:

Now, just a general question....what exactly makes driving hard when you're tripping? I drove better when I was tripping on acid than I usually do stoned, and I drive stoned A LOT. Not saying that I particularly want to risk that, but I have an expensive sound system in my car and that's where I listen to all my music. If I can't use it that'll kinda suck  :mad2:.

Driving when you're intoxicated on anything is a bad idea.  You put other peoples lives at risk when you do that.  And I don't think any recreational convieniance is worth a tragedy.  Maybe you should get some headphones and a walkman.  Driving while on perception-altering drugs is not smart, I don't care how good of a driver you think you are. 

As for your dose, five grams killed my ego, my sense of all self, identity, history, made me live several lifetimes an infinite number of times and etc.  I thought I was fairly experienced at the time but nothing could have prepared me for that. 

It's your choice and your body, but I think taking a quarter when you seem relatively unexperienced with high doses would be a mistake.  It won't tear your world apart; it will tear you apart.  I thought I "respected the mushroom" also when I took my first high dose, but that night I came to intimately know respect and it was not pleasant.  I thought I wanted ego-death/ego-loss but nothing could have prepared me for that.  Mushrooms are no joke. 

I don't mean to come down hard on you man, just concerned for you.  The fact that you don't know the potency of the mushies you are eating is even more reason not to jump the gun on a high dose.  Get some more experience before you go in that far.  If you want a mind-blowing, ego-shattering trip, take an eighth and see what happens.  You may get more then you bargained for.  (but it seems like that's what you want?  :confused: )

You wanted feedback, you got it.  :wink: 

Good luck.  :heart:

Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

Loc: new england
    #4175616 - 05/14/05 07:25 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

take an 1/8. 1/4 is a huge leap from a gram and a half. by taking an eighth you're more than doubling your last dosage, which will certainly give you a hard trip. i'd save that other 1/8 for later on.

as for driving, don't. nothing good can come of it. if you want, drive out to a woodsy setting, then eat the shrooms and stay there the whole time. if you're secluded enough just blast some music from the car and relax outside the car for awhile. although i'd recommend just forgetting about the music, go farther out into the woods and just trip there. an 1/8 will be more than enough.

--------------------

Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien

InvisibleStarchild
Stranger
Re: Just picked up a 1/4 [Re: MOTH]
    #4175633 - 05/14/05 07:30 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I don't feel like you're coming down hard on me. You're just speaking your mind, which is exactly what I wanted, you're right. I keep thinking about the dose I'm going to take, and now I realize that 7g is going to be completely insane. I know I can't comprehend what it'll be like. You seem to think that it would be a mistake for me to take so much with the little experience that I have, and you are probably right. So I guess what I want to know is, what's the worst that could happen? And what's the best that could happen? I mean, what if I go into the trip knowing that I'll be completely alone in the comfort of my own house or in the woods of my choice, and I focus on trying to create a spiritual experience? Will I get the complete opposite of what I want or something? LOL.

I have a huge interest in psychology, so right now I'm all for exploring my psyche to the fullest possible extent. I just hate wondering "what if?"....you know? I'm a stubborn SOB huh?  :grin:.

--------------------

-Mahatma Gandhi

InvisibleStarchild
Stranger
    #4175648 - 05/14/05 07:33 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

So it seems the consensus is that 1/4 is too much. I don't mean to keep pressing the issue, but no one is really saying WHY it's too much. Can anyone elaborate?

--------------------

-Mahatma Gandhi

Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

Loc: new england
    #4175808 - 05/14/05 08:42 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Starchild said:
So I guess what I want to know is, what's the worst that could happen? And what's the best that could happen?

the best that could happen and the worst that could happen are the same thing. if you do eat 1/4, it's going to happen. you're probably going to tell yourself that you ate way too much and it's way more intense than you expected, and you probably won't find it comfortable. then you will peak and completely lose all touch with reality, which is an amazing thing, but not something you are prepared for if you haven't had a strong shroom experience before. i've tripped 9 times, first time i ate 1.7, everytime thereafter i ate 3.5 except for a 5 gram trip once. my first two 3.5 trips took me out of this world, it will be plenty for you. if you're going to meditate and try to create a spiritual experience, an 1/8 will be plenty, especially if you're tripping by yourself. the solo trips are always much more intense than tripping with other people, in my experiences atleast.

--------------------

Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien

Edited by nightkrawler (05/14/05 08:52 PM)

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

#4175819 - 05/14/05 08:47 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I'll try to answer to the best of my ability.

Quote:

Starchild said:
So I guess what I want to know is, what's the worst that could happen?

I'll try to nail the best and the worst in one move.

The best way is to describe what happened to me. I've written about it several times on the Shroomery, simply because it was probably the closest I've come to succumbing to a hellish, schizophrenia-like state. You see, after my big trip, I had a lot of trouble re-integrating into the world. The trip didn't really go away. Oh, I came down all right. But I wasn't..."right" anymore. I had become terrified of my own shadow, of my own thoughts, of everything. I couldn't close my eyes because I thought the moment I did it, I would disappear, or something terrible would happen to me. I couldn't bath, because I couldn't close my eyes. I couldn't sleep because I couldn't bath. My own thoughts made me have panic attacks, because I thought I had all the knowledge in existence. I thought people were hunting me, everyone was out to get me, to eliminate me. I saw bugs everywhere, and heard special messages intended just for me in people's words. I thought everything around me was simply a projection from my own head, that I was God, the center of the universe, existing in total isolation thoughout eternity. I couldn't look at any Hindu artwork without becoming nearly on the verge of panic, because I had met Hindu gods and goddesses on my trip. It was horrible. And I struggled silently, wrangling with my own mounting madness, fighting the idea that mushrooms had made me insane.

I couldn't tell anyone because I didn't want to give the mushrooms a bad rep, just because I was dumb and took a dose I wasn't ready for. See, I knew the mushroom's potential for good. They had been nothing but positive allies for me up until that point, helping me to heal old hurts and move on. So I knew that it wasn't the mushrooms fault directly. I didn't blame them. And I didn't want to give them a bad name, so I suffered silently.

If that sounds silly, it certainly wasn't at the time.

My madness lasted for several weeks, stretching until a month. The only thing that saved me is The Psychedelic Experience. Cervantes, another mod here in Trip Tips, was the one who recommended it for me after I remained shaken and terrified by what had happened. I can't thank him enough for that. As soon as I began reading it, some of my fear started to drip away. Not all of it though, the fear from that trip is still with me, although it is growing more distant every day. While reading TPE, I got interested in Buddhism and found that the philosophy really fulfilled a need within me. I started exercising daily, changing my diet, meditating, recycling, the works. Slowly but surely I blossomed into the purest happiness I have felt in my adult life. It was the afterglow of the century. It was like some sort of chain that had been around my heart my entire life had been lifted.

During my recovery, when I was still mentally shaky, I decided that it was important that I try mushrooms again. You see...to follow my train of logic at the time: I am a horse person. One of the most tragic moments in my life was when my horse was taken away from me at age 18. And during my five gram trip, I kept seeing my horse everywhere, whirling past me in cartwheel like motions. And so I decided after that trip, in the spirit of any horsewoman, I should "get back up on the horse."

That very thought alone empowered me. So I did. I ingested 3 grams of shrooms about a month after the big one. Let me say that trip was difficult. I had a lot of shit to work through in my mind, a lot of fears to face. But in the end, I emerged, and it felt like a great step had been taken to heal my internal wound.

After that, I realized that all along, during the trip and during my madness afterwards, it had been me who was causing the problems; my ego, to be precise. I had created my own misery during the trip by choosing to react the way I did. By obsessing and "looking for problems" in my sanity, I created them.

To make a loooongg story short, I am very thankful for the experience. I'm now more well-adjusted and in tune with who I am then I've ever been before in my life. If anything, that experience has made me value the power of psychedelics even more. I still love tripping, and do so as often as the wind calls.

But I have yet to take another high dose like that. Maybe one day soon, since I've been feeling the pull here and there, but never, ever again without being as prepared as I could possibly be in my sober life first. I really could relate the experience to having my head explode hit by a cannon ball. Too intense to take lightly.

I am telling you this story because although everyone is different, it is a common story here at the Shroomery for inexperienced users to take a dose they're not ready for and react badly, perhaps having lasting negative mental effects from an intense trip. Many people here have struggled to the point of all despair as they try to find ways to recover from a traumatic trip and live normal lives. There is a dark side to the shrooms and tripping, and if these powerful tools aren't used wisely that dark side can get very, very dark. And very ugly.

So that's my tale. Mushrooms can open the gates to heaven or hell, but they definitely open something that trippers must handle carefully. That's why we advocate such caution here at the Shroomery.

I believe there's a time and a place for high doses. But it's best to get to know the teacher first.

OfflinePowerTrip
Polypharmaceutical Shaman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The void
    #4175967 - 05/14/05 09:42 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

My advice to you is to try 2.5-3g before you try anything heroic/stupid. When all of your experience is with small doses, you usually have nothing but pleasant memories. I have never heard of anyone having a bad trip on less than 2g. So you may get the idea that since a 2g trip = fun then a 6g trip = fun x3... This is very far from the truth, however. Once you start to get over 3g, it is a completely different experience. You leave reality as you know it, and it can be very frightening. It will most likely scare the shit out of you to be honest. No matter how many level 5 reports you read, you really do not understand what it is like to be there. They come off sounding very spiritual and insightful, and they are. They are also very difficult to cope with and they can leave you with quite a mental burden to bear.

Remember that you are the only person who is really worried about you. Many people on this forum promote the heroic doses without knowing anything about the person. Every post I have made stating that I planned a 2-2.5g trip has received at least one reply saying something to the effect of "you should up that dose" or "you wont notice much on that dose." The people who make these statements are not concerned with the fact that you will likely believe that your life as you know it is coming to an end. They are just trying to push their own personal preferences onto you. Just remember that you need to watch out for yourself, because most other people could care less. Decide for yourself when it is time for you to go there. Don't let these people make that decision for you.

--------------------
I spit reality, instead of what you usually learn
and I refuse to be concerned with condescending advice
cause I'm the only motherfucker that can change my life

Offlineexume
Stranger
Re: Just picked up a 1/4 [Re: PowerTrip]
    #4176404 - 05/14/05 11:40 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

My first trip was Thursday. I had 3.5 grams. I had a wonderful time, I feel that I prepared myself well enough, having wanted to trip for a few years, just not being able to obtain any shrooms. I read the Psychadelic Experience, hundreds of trip reports, and took lots of advice from friends and experienced "trippers" online. I think an eighth is a great dose, but I don't know how powerful your shrooms are, or anything about how you'll react, so I can't really suggest it to you. I definatly agree that 7 grams is way too much, especially if you haven't had more than 1.5.

Have fun.

OfflineVeter
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Just picked up a 1/4 [Re: exume]
    #4176446 - 05/14/05 11:56 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

A full 8th will blow you away. Trust me. The jump from a half to a full took me about 5 trips and when I did, I was shocked. The difference is exponential. Definitely go with the 8th and not the quarter. You will not regret it, trust me. More shrooms will come around and youll have another chance at it.

The worst thing that can happen? Mental instability for a period of time that resides even after the trip has been long gone.

The Best thing that can happen? Well, thats up to you...but I can tell you right now that if you take a full 8th and get experience with that dosage before upping it to a quarter, the best thing that can happen will only be better.

You wont be dissapointed with a full 8th.

--------------------
Let the Demons have their place, if so, it's angels you'll create.

InvisibleHillbillie
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Just picked up a 1/4 [Re: exume]
    #4176495 - 05/15/05 12:15 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

It's important to note, if it hasn't been already, that the dosage to intensity ratio increases exponentially (not linearly). That is, 3 grams is not going to be double the intensity of 1.5 but rather triple or even quadruple the intensity.

I'd shoot for a little under an 1/8th. Unless you've nailed a truly impotent batch, it should be plenty. Have fun and stay safe. :smile:

InvisibleStarchild
Stranger
Re: Just picked up a 1/4 [Re: Hillbillie]
    #4177076 - 05/15/05 04:01 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

OK. I'm convinced....the quarter can wait for another day. Shrooms are here all the time so I don't have a problem waiting.

EllemyshShade, I'm very sorry about what happened to you on your high-dose trip. Losing an animal friend is NOT easy...I had a cat since I was 6 years old who was like a brother to me who died last summer, and it was probably the most painful experience of my life.

I've read in several places that an intense trip can sort of "force" you to place faith in a higher being or a different philosophy. It's usually attributed to the difficulty one experiences when trying to re-integrate their trip with reality. How common is this phenomenon?

Well anyway, no quarter for me this time. My bag is split into 3.1g of chopped up cubes and one BIG 3.9g cube, just starting to bruise, so I think it's going to be a last minute decision on monday which I decide to do.

So one more question, just so that I'm totally clear on what you guys think. If I take the 1/8 monday, I'm probably headed for a strong trip. Should I try to be introspective and meditate, should I just explore stuff outside, would I be able to focus on a movie or appreciate listening to my favorite music, etc.? This is an important issue for me because I think having a well laid-out plan will help me avoid a bad experience.

--------------------

-Mahatma Gandhi

OfflineVeter
Stranger
 User Gallery

#4177195 - 05/15/05 05:23 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

You're in for a good time, trust me. The step up from a half to a full is an awesome one.
Dont try to control the trip at all. Having a general expectation is alright, or an outline of what you might want to do(just to give yourself ideas). Do what the shrooms want you to do.

Youll be able to appreciate music more than youve ever appreciated it before. Listening to music is always recommended. I dont recommend a movie, because the plot wont be followable at all and, in my opinion, watching movies while tripping is kind of a waste(in the respect that you dont get much out of it beyond cool visuals).

If the shrooms want you to be introspective, be introspective...DON'T FIGHT THEM. thats the only thing you need to know to make sure your trip will be awesome.

--------------------
Let the Demons have their place, if so, it's angels you'll create.

InvisibleStarchild
Stranger
Re: Just picked up a 1/4 [Re: Veter]
    #4177269 - 05/15/05 07:22 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks for the advice Veter :flowerchild:

BTW I am an absolute audiophile. I love my music sober...then when I get stoned, it gets way better. When I trip on acid, it's Way Better Plus?. I didn't get a chance to listen to music the first time I shroomed, but I hope it's similar to the acid experience. Good lord, it was amazing!  :rockon:

--------------------

-Mahatma Gandhi

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

#4179942 - 05/15/05 10:26 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Starchild said:

EllemyshShade, I'm very sorry about what happened to you on your high-dose trip.

Hey it's alright.  I'm a better person because of it.  Overall, it was a hard experience, but one that really defined who I am today.

Quote:

I've read in several places that an intense trip can sort of "force" you to place faith in a higher being or a different philosophy. It's usually attributed to the difficulty one experiences when trying to re-integrate their trip with reality. How common is this phenomenon?

It's difficult to say.  People react differently to the experience.  My expectations of a higher power had to be completely torn apart before I could get any sense of divinity while tripping. 

Quote:

So one more question, just so that I'm totally clear on what you guys think. If I take the 1/8 monday, I'm probably headed for a strong trip. Should I try to be introspective and meditate, should I just explore stuff outside, would I be able to focus on a movie or appreciate listening to my favorite music, etc.? This is an important issue for me because I think having a well laid-out plan will help me avoid a bad experience.

I always meditate, blow tobacco smoke over the shrooms (said to protect Ayahuasca brews from evil spirits), and then state my intentions for the trip or write them down while I am eating.  You shouldn't plan too much, because it's my experience that the trip can really take on a life of its own and any attempt at control can backfire.  Saying that, it is helpful to have stuff lying around that you might be interested in while shrooming.  I leave out stuff like my notebook, my miniature bronze Buddha, a squishy pillow to squeezs, a funny looking stuffed-animal I have, fruit, artwork, paint, pens and paper, special books, etc.  Also, ordinary items might become very trippy to you while shrooming.  I remember well the time when the coffee tabletop burst into fireworks of color.  Couldn't tear my eyes away.  :smile:

The music you enjoy should be good to listen to, as long as it doesn't carry many negative vibes with it.  And walking around while shrooming, simply exploring the house or nature, is fantastic.  It's one of my favorite parts of tripping: the leisurely, investigative stroll.  :grin:

Good luck.  You seem to be a responsible and well-informed individual.  I'm sure you'll have a great time.  :heart:

Invisiblepoboy
On the bounce
Male

Re: Just picked up a 1/4 *DELETED* [Re: MOTH]
    #4180445 - 05/16/05 12:24 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by poboy

Reason for deletion: d

--------------------
Burn the land and boil the sea but you can't take the sky from me.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Ayahuasca

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience