Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Salvia, San Pedro, Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinepuwtrip
spirit molecule

Enslaved by Mind. A meeting with myself.
    #4174618 - 05/14/05 03:05 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Hey guys, I'm new but I've been reading the board for some time. Great community/info here. I'm posting in this section because I think the crowd here is more sensitive/interested in this type of stuff. I think, though this information is mine, the ideas are not unique to me and you may learn something from it. The following is about my first exposure to P.Cubenesis after a "bad" trip on A.Muscaria.

If you were to meet me on most days, you might say I'm a reserved, shy, and approval seeking type of guy. I have a lot of difficulty dealing with my negative outlook on my ability to be a 'normal' person and generally feel that I'm different from others. I have much difficulty explaining myself or my thoughts as they really are, and most often I seek to please and appease.

Though I'm often in a sad state of being, overall, I'm not really that different from most others. Sure I've been depressed and 'bored of life' for the past 8 of my 20 years, but I've functioned as a normal person for anyone viewing from the outside. I can converse, I'm rational, and try to help others, and most would say I'm a good and decent person if they were to spend some time with me.

Still, I can't make the successes that I want in my life (and I'm not asking for much, trust me). Most days I need something like the computer to escape boredom, though I've been using it for research purposes recently. I never feel positive about starting new things or performing stupidly simple tasks like paying the bills, even though I have the money. I almost always end up having to pay late charges because I'm so damned 'lazy'. My social life is like a front. I always pretend I'm waay better off than I really am and maybe come off as snooty at times, which is my way of looking cool. I've been working on that, trying to be more aware of what I do. I'm always condescending on myself and critiquing and evaluating myself by the way I see others. If I see others having fun, I'll get jealous and wish I was in on it too, thinking I must be lacking in some way.

I haven?t always been like this. As a kid, I grew up in Africa in a lovely house with a huge yard, which was my playground. My mom always tells me that I was the best as a kid and that I always laughed and had a huge smile on my face, even as a baby. I certainly had a lot of creativity and a mature attitude as I kid. In pre-school I would always draw things and enter art contests, placing and achieving. I loved to assemble models and read books. I also loved to play sports and spent so much time in the garden playing and imagining and dreaming. Days were long and sometimes I was bored and wished for the next day to come, but I'd always end up finding something to do. Always learning.

So what happened? How did I change so drastically? Well, I ended up moving away from S. Africa at the age of 12 with my mom and sister. My dad was left behind. Coming to America, I had a shocking culture shock. Going into school with kids who seemed so cool and me showing up with strange "tight" (think euro) clothing and a weird English-like accent was a slap to the face. Some kids poked fun at me, and I didn't know how to handle that. There began my fall. Add to that my worries about my friends overseas and the financial hardship my mom was going through trying to support us. Before long I turned sour and put on some mask to protect myself. So I had trouble throughout high school and still now into college. I went from a kid that would put out the best grades in class to one that almost didn't get through high school.

Today, it appears that there are some different people inside of me. I wouldn't have known this normally. I mean, I know I have some unique qualities that I don't take advantage of, but really, there are some other people inside of me. For the longest time, the only person I saw of this group was fake. To others, he acted like a king, to himself he was the servant. I've tried to remedy this situation by first reading up on depression, anger, living and happiness type psychology books. I had gained much insight there and began making some progress. After that I moved on to meditation topics like breathing, awareness and peace. Here too I learned some more. But always, when it came down to it, I could not lift the mask in the presence of others and still fooled myself at times. My mind was free to analyze, but the body didn't feel it. I was fighting a losing battle, trying to convince my body with my mind that it was free to do as the spirit wanted, but the culprit mind knew it was only playing a trick, fooling me into believing I had some control. My mind would send signals to the body to prevent any tampering. It was in firm control. Any thoughts of happiness would be followed by tiredness and laziness. When around others, the mind shut itself down so that I wouldn't be able to think or connect with myself and thus I'd sound like a fool not really having an opinion. "Yes" or "No", never an explanation or enthusiasm for the topic discussed. This is my slavery. A Mask powered by the ultimate mind to put down the rebellion. It has taken control, it will save me! But it hasn't, I feel like shit and I know it. I lust for freedom, to speak my will, to think my thoughts, to not care what others do or say, to be myself, a man of the world. Sadly it's not so..

Not too long ago, I had an epiphany. I have tried weed before, the first time it felt something spiritual, but after that I just seemed too paranoid and forgetful to continue use. It did serve a very special function; getting me fired so that I could continue with my school and improve myself. All the reading and learning I did would not have been possible without this, or I'd still be stuck at that stupid job. So a few months ago I looked into the weed thing again. I decided to grow some from a strain of my choice. While browsing the growing forum, someone posted a picture of some mushrooms that were fruiting. I was intrigued, as I had heard of colors and warping before, but never really knew anything about it. Also, one of my classes dealing with religion had a small section devoted to drugs in religion, which got me interested in Amanita Muscaria and Peyote. So I decided to do some research. It turns out that many of the trip reports were positive and seemed to have effects similar to DMT (which I had read reports of before, and wished to tryout). So I got into growing my own set of P.Cubenesis mushrooms.

I ended up sucked in by the ethno botanical/spiritual thing and ordered some items from an online shaman shop. Wild Dagga, Salvia and Amanitas. One say I decided to use the mushrooms, and tripped in the city. After a large dose, extreme ego loss made me insane temporarily (though it was of my choice) and my friend, thinking the stuff is evil, tossed away my salvia and dagga :frown: I learned something from that trip; the power of the mushroom, the feeling of ego loss, insanity, and spirituality. First time freedom was upon me, though it could not be used in any positive way. Instead, freaked out, I cursed at unknown people without fear of judgment or worry. The next few days, I was extremely depressed, as amongst other things, I had a death experience during my trip. Meanwhile my 'cubes' were growing.

A few days ago, after a shitty day passing by people at school, wanting to talk, to say a word, to feel an emotion, to focus on my class work, I felt invisible and useless. For some time now I've been thinking about taking some sort of vacation to clear up my mind and maybe allow it to work some magic. It's been forever since I've been truly by myself with no worries. So in my slumped and downed state, I researched some volunteer groups heading out to remote areas of the natural world. I figure, if I don't have to worry about being loved by people and just live off the land for long enough, that master mind will no longer be able to maintain its strangle hold on my life. Pissed off, I thought about partaking in my PESA's. Then I decided against it, after all I had read about the mood/setting issues when tripping and I didn't know any natural areas to venture out into in the heart of LA. When I got home, I was working in my glove box trying to get spores to save, when I realized the cap had already excreted the spores and there were none left. Looking at this piece of mushroom flesh, I decided to taste it and see what happens. After that, I ate the stem, some aborts and a small piece of mycelium. All together I'd estimate some 9-15 grams wet. I really didn't expect anything to happen; at the time I forgot that psilocybin is much more active in smaller concentrations than the Muscimol in Amanitas. After about an hour, I began to feel...

Relaxed. Looking at the lights in the room, they were brighter than normal it seemed. I began to notice how a worry hadn't really crept into my mind in the last while. I was web browsing, and I was completely dedicated to my task. Eventually I saw the images on the page start warping and melting and fusing into themselves ever so gently that it was only noticeable after observation. Next thing I know, I started to smile. I felt good, even better than good. Going on with my task, the only thought to interrupt every once in a while was how great I was feeling. It really didn't feel like anything I can remember before. My best high from weed didn't come close. See, it wasn't like weed, where it was so artificial, forcing my face and eyes into squinty positions, extracting the smile out of me like a model at a photo shoot. No, here there was no captain on board, I was in control. I was happy because I felt good. There was nothing artificial about it, I was alive! Eventually I was through with my browsing, and now then took a peek at the mirror. I got it earlier on to see if my pupils would dilate, like my friend said they did on Muscaria. Nope, everything's normal. Now I realize what happened. I was looking at myself. Wait! Not, what or who I usually see, but myself! It was clear, this is me! I've found me!! Going about ordinary life, I don't really know what I look like, but now I'm staring at myself. I look so different. I notice that I look older than I thought I was, that I'm so unique. Then it hits me, laughter. "This is me, this is me". I couldn't stop, the more I looked the more I laughed. No games no gimmicks, pure me. The man behind the mask, and it was the best thing I ever saw.

After that, I decided to sit down and experience the beauty of myself, thoughts were flowing through me; creative and emotional thoughts. I knew it now, I was not high, I was free. This was my promised land, like an oasis to a desert traveler: The real world behind the ego, excuses, comfortable, conditioned lifestyle that I was so used to. This was the taste of freedom, the feel of the hold hard chains being unshackled, a world of heaven. I condemned the government for making this natural wonder illegal. High? Delusional? Insane? Trippy? This is not a drug, this is medicine for the injured soul. Why would they possibly try to prevent me from enjoying freedom. Not freedom from hard work, not freedom from responsibility or freedom from myself! NO! Freedom from the right to live as a free man in a world that has turned on me! Whatever they decide, I make my own rules.

After enough time enjoying myself, conversing with myself, discovering myself, I decided to talk to my mom. Normally, I wouldn't have the time of day for her. I tend to blame her for my problems, and it never seems like I can come out of a conversation with her without feeling shitty and down. Regardless, I went and spoke with her. Naturally, after I was done talking about whatever it was, she brought in her point of view. Under usual conditions, I'd tell her to shut up about speaking crap and that she's not interesting and go on talking about my own topics, similar to the interaction between a TV show and a person rather than a discussion between people. This time it was different. We talked, and we talked like people. Issues that would normally frustrate me to no end were now as manageable as drinking juice. I gulped down the anger and uselessness and talked about topics based on my mom's responses and never attacked her for what she said. After that, I had a night of restful sleep. When I woke up in the morning I was chained again and locked up with the same familiar sights and smells of my grim bleak prison cell.

I so wished the previous night that when I woke up, the mushroom would be a part of me and that we'd live freely until the end came. I wasn't surprised when it had left me by the morning, but I was disappointed nonetheless. Wow, what a powerful substance! Such a small amount, such profound effects. I was planning on dosing again the next day but work prevented that. I remember thinking, if such a small amount can do what it did in such a positive way, what will a full on trip be like? Maybe I'm not supposed to find out, maybe I should stay small and not overwhelm myself, or condition myself to seek more than the absolute minimum I need to be free. The next morning I began another adventure.

I again wanted to repeat this wonderful sense of freedom. I didn't know the dosage to take as I had no scale and I didn't know if the recent previous dose would lessen the effects of this one. None the less, I continued and ingested 1 large dried mushroom and stem. Effects took 2 hours to really kick in. While I was waiting for the come up, I was anxious and argued with my mom. She's was telling me to be more responsible and to help her out, and I got pissed and blew her off. I'm off to the park! Then she reminds me that I need to pay the rent as I'm already late by 12 days, and it's Friday, so I should send it off before the post office closes. Also, she wanted bread, sour cream, and orange juice. I was pissed, "No I'm going to the park" Then while I'm changing into shorts and a t-shirt, I'm overcome by the mushroom force. When I come back out and she bothers me again, this time I say fine, I'll do it. This involved driving, and I wasn?t sure if I could do it safely, as a second before I had just experienced some fright from body sensations. Then I reminded myself that I barely had anything and that any fright me was only body perception. So off I go to get a cashiers? check and groceries in LA rush traffic, on a Friday. On the way there I start feeling real good and have absolutely no problems concentrating on the road and the mission. I don't drive with the radio on, so I usually talk to myself instead, just stupid remarks and noises. This time, I start talking, and everything starts rhyming. I talk about how I feel on my trip, and I sing it in rhyme like a rap song. Absolutely amazing. As long as I don't concentrate on using specific words, all the sentences fucking rhyme! I'm blown away and now I'm singing my own songs. I don't have full ego loss, and I would never sing out loud if anyone could hear me under normal conditions, so I look around to make sure no people stopped next to me can hear me. I keep it on the low, but after a few seconds I'm so excited I started rapping freestyle loudly again. Why rap, why rhyme? I don't know. I listen to some older rap occasionally, but not that often. I must have sounded something like slim shady or at least looked at him. Then I'm thinking, fuck it takes balls to do this. I've seen people on the street and at school rapping about shit, and I sort of smirked it off. But what if these people are just like me, expect they're truly free, not on anything, just themselves, making a song to sing? For about an hour I'm busting out songs about my state of awareness, my freedom and the need for people to unite and love. After I arrive back home and I tell my mom I want to make her a sandwich, and I do.

Then I'm off to the park. As I'm walking there (it's only 2 blocks away) I cross an extremely busy intersection. There are cars on all sides and it's pretty hot. I could feel the exhaust of all the cars in the air. I remember looking up at the sky--the clouds were in a beautiful, spotty formation--and then at the cages of steel surrounding me, thinking "you can put a cage around your cities but you can?t put it around nature". At the park, I lie on the grass for some time, feeling the sun soak into me, giving me energy and life. I decide to move on, and walk around the running track. Children are playing baseball and throw and catch and I walk by thinking I'm just as young at heat as they are. I see how oblivious they are to the world at large, and I recognize my state as being the same as theirs. Then I see an old man using a walker to cross the path. I wonder if he's here to see soak up some youth from the children and wonder if it's not too late for him to be young again. Then, walking along I spot a nice tree. I decide to climb up into it. There in my perch, I lay back along the large support branches and sing to myself. Watching the cars go by on La Cienega Blvd in front, and jogger on the track behind me. What a strange thing. Cars piled up bumper to bumper on the one side, and people trying to maintain health on the other. Then I think about how sports are mans' long lost connection to nature; the place where the truly animalistic and competitive nature shines, where we truly get physical. Well obviously it's still a desired human trait, even if it's lived through many only by means of a television set. Then I look at myself up in the tree, browsing through the passing cars. Am I a thing of nature, is this really my place? What about my roots in Africa, my love for natural life? I think to myself, is it time to go back to the jungle? I wondered, if maybe evolution didn't happen backwards. That a man sitting in a tree didn't think that it'd be a better place to live up there than down on the ground, and slowly developed means to support his lifestyle. Similarly, that the large organisms decided life was too complicated and decided to become plants and bacteria, to live as truly as possible, without the distraction of organized society. After some time, I decide it's time to return home to eat, as I feel the effect wearing off. As I'm getting down, I notice that I'm slightly scared, being up in the tree, looking down, it seems farther then I thought it was. Will I fall? With sweaty palms, I manage to climb down. I know that if I was still me, and that the mushrooms hadn't worn off, I'd have had no problem getting down, like an ape.

Now I know the true life. The life of god, the life of man. I wonder how many people feel like that naturally and don't give it a second thought. How lucky they must be. I try to imagine myself living such a life. But it is not possible. I justify with the statement "there is no good without bad". Contemplative deep thoughts I think... right. Now I'm curious to see what medical drugs are available to treat depression, and how they compare with Psilocybin. In the meantime I expect to continue experimenting with low dosages of Cubenesis in the hopes that a balance can be reached between effective dosage and tolerance. Now some may say that there are alternative natural methods like meditation and spirituality. I have not ruled those out and am willing to experiment further. This is only the beginning of my journey. Now I have found hope.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Enslaved by Mind. A meeting with myself. [Re: puwtrip]
    #4174831 - 05/14/05 04:03 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I think you are an extremely intelligent person
you should study study study. (yes formal education, anything - immerse, do not waste it.)
work and study.
you have lots to offer.
Both unique and nothing special at the same time, like the rest of us.

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #4174915 - 05/14/05 04:24 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

We sound much alike. I didn't set foot in the continental US until I was about 7, and the culture shock was quite....shocking. As Redgreenvines said, you sound pretty intelligent and have much to offer. You are also (in all probablity) still quite young - you'll find yourself soon enough. Good luck in your search!

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #4179897 - 05/15/05 10:11 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Interesting post. Gradual awakening! Yes you are human in most of the ways we all are.

Enjoy the trip, when you hold on it gets scary! But so is surrendering to the flow. At first. Very cool! :mushroom2:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Offlinejcldragon
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Los Angeles
    #4180879 - 05/16/05 02:30 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

That was such a long post, I kept this browser tab open for several hours. I would read a bit of your story, & stop to think, and while thinking I would be doing other things in other browser tabs, that I knew I could deal with fairly quickly. But, I kept coming back to this, and reading further, bit by bit...

First of all, you need to realize that there can be no blame upon you for how you have lived your life. What errors you have made, are sooooooo easy to make, as to be nearly impossible to avoid. Your experiences were those necessary for you to figure out the things you are now figuring out. There wasn't any other way.

Now since you are figuring out the Secret of Life all on your own, (which actually IS the only way THAT is done by anybody), I think I'll point out a few things briefly that ought to help you pull it all together.

For a long time you were defining yourself according to external conditions. I'm sure you see now how that doesn't work out very well, does it? People seem to do that all the time, and the result is, that they are wearing masks without noticing it, and they keep repeating the same errors over & over & over.

But now you've noticed that there is a different way of approaching things, and it isn't external at all. It is internal. The Universe within you, is as vast as the Universe outside you. Exploring the Universe within is quite the exciting Journey. Soon you will be making many exciting discoveries...

One is realizing that it isn't about you. The personal point of view is quite useful for dealing with things that come up, BUT it also has certain limitations. The Universal point of view, allows you to see things from a myriad variety of perspectives. That certainly was what you were doing in that conversation with your Mom the other day...

Now as far as getting to spend some time out in Nature, that actually is quite a bit easier than you would expect. Head North on the Coast Highway up into Malibu. When you get to Pepperdine University, you have two wonderful choises.

One is to turn right going inland. That will lead you into a vast & exquisite canyon, (which does have some places to pull over, but be careful, since the cars on that road seem to like to zip through it very fast). Continuing along, you will get to Malibu Creek State Park, but you might want to pass that, until you get to Mulholland, where you'd want to take a left turn...

The other is to continue on the Coast Highway past Pepperdine a couple miles, until you see a gas station at Coral Canyon Road. There you would turn right, (and drive slowly on this very winding road). Bypass the first National park, and drive up along the ridge of the mountain. This will gradually take you up to the summit, but first you'll pass some resdential areas. At the very top the paved road ends, but you should continue along the dirt road. It's only a few hundred yards to a place to park. This is the back way into Malibu Creek State Park. From that spot are hiking trails, one North, & one South. This is what you will find on the South trail ==>

http://www.jamesclairlewis.com/pages/nature/nature10.html

Bring lots of water, because it can get hot up there. Also, some fruit, because walking uses up energy. The wind has carved out some small caves in the rock, so you can cool off & get out of the sun. You *might* want to kick yourself in the ass, if you don't bring enough film for your camera, too...

um... You mentioned an interest in Deep Meditation Techniques. By now you just *might* suspect that I've been into this sort of thing for a rather long time. I've developed a set of what I call Mental Yoga/Occult Exercises. This isn't an easy dicipline, but this Practice can lead you to the same sort of experiences you just had with the Sacred Mushroom, and without the use of any Entheogen at all. Is a half hour a day all that difficult? Naturally, the Entheogens are quick, but they are also temporary... wonderful for getting a glimpse, and lots to ponder later on. These exercises operate much, much more slowly, however as they integrate, and the adjustment in perspective is gradual, the changes initiate the permanent functioning of all of the higher faculties of the Mind...

http://www.jamesclairlewis.com/pages/metaphysics/occult.html

--------------------
The Soul exists simultaneously throughout all of Time.
The Ego merely exists now.

Offlinepuwtrip
spirit molecule

Re: Enslaved by Mind. A meeting with myself. [Re: jcldragon]
    #4185546 - 05/17/05 09:11 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Thank you for the support friends. You wouldn't believe how much I've learnt since posting this already. Yesterday I invented the mushroom man who led me on a journey of self-discovery.

I've only tripped 3 times, but I get more and more insight every time. I'm slowly incorporating what I learn, though it's not easy being real (it's the only way I'd ever want to be). I thought that I would need the mushroom forever to be happy, but now I see that I'm me even without it.

I could've jotted down my thoughts and written a book on the subject, but I prefer to just assimilate and be. No one would understand unless they were with me, and if they were, they know already. Certainly I'm not quite the mushroom, but one day... I can learn.

jcldragon, spot on brother. Thanks for the location tips, I'll have to checkout the Santa Monica/Malibu Mountain area sometime soon! I like how you worded the internal/external universe concept, it's so hard to explin with words. About the Meditation techniques, yes, I'm quite sure it is possible to replicate without enthogens. While tripping I was reminded I had felt the same way before, when I was a child, and more recently when I was reading pychology books. I'll look into your guide when I have some time. Thank you for sharing your knowledge.

Have a realistic day everyone!

OfflineJalruza
Boot Lover
Male User Gallery

Re: Enslaved by Mind. A meeting with myself. [Re: jcldragon]
    #4186040 - 05/17/05 12:43 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

jcldragon said:
um... You mentioned an interest in Deep Meditation Techniques. By now you just *might* suspect that I've been into this sort of thing for a rather long time. I've developed a set of what I call Mental Yoga/Occult Exercises. This isn't an easy dicipline, but this Practice can lead you to the same sort of experiences you just had with the Sacred Mushroom, and without the use of any Entheogen at all. Is a half hour a day all that difficult? Naturally, the Entheogens are quick, but they are also temporary... wonderful for getting a glimpse, and lots to ponder later on. These exercises operate much, much more slowly, however as they integrate, and the adjustment in perspective is gradual, the changes initiate the permanent functioning of all of the higher faculties of the Mind...

http://www.jamesclairlewis.com/pages/metaphysics/occult.html

This is an amazing discussion. I too have witnessed a steady increase in my psychic powers over the years.

The thing that i find very peculiar in my case is these body vibrations that im getting. I get them from several KEY points. Right in the base of my spine, stomach area, chest and heart!
It feels what it reads - vibrations- physical vibrations. First i notice tight feeling growing in a specific area and then - purrrrsss, it bursts and vibrates and all tension dissapiars! I think energy blcoks are being cleared.

The other thing, i was sort of , slighly, relactant to study anatomi but on your site you said anatomy book is a must. I still find it beyond comprehension to look at my stocmach and imagine what lies benath the skin.

Anyway, thanks for the link :smile:

--------------------
Time keeps ticking and running away
And It's taking us fast to a brand new free dimension
Too cool to mention well that's the intention
But some of us too dame blind to see
Jesus is the King Volume I
Jesus is the King Volume II
Shroomery MSN club
I'm talking to aliens!
Volcano Vap and Brain Chakras
Hilary Duff!!
:gethigh:

OfflineJalruza
Boot Lover
Male User Gallery

Re: Enslaved by Mind. A meeting with myself. [Re: Jalruza]
    #4186277 - 05/17/05 01:46 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Thats is a really good site, its even got recommendations on tension releasing self massage!

Brilliant. Just what i was looking for, got 2 days off work gonna practise it at home!

--------------------
Time keeps ticking and running away
And It's taking us fast to a brand new free dimension
Too cool to mention well that's the intention
But some of us too dame blind to see
Jesus is the King Volume I
Jesus is the King Volume II
Shroomery MSN club
I'm talking to aliens!
Volcano Vap and Brain Chakras
Hilary Duff!!
:gethigh:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Salvia, San Pedro, Scales

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology