Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinegribochek
enthusiast
Re: Split [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #421999 - 10/11/01 01:14 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Markos, you mention that you are a crisis counselor. Can one like me who has no medical education whatsoever become a crisis counselor? I've been wanting to get into that field for a looooong time, may be you can give me an advise... (P.M. me so the tread doesn't get off-topic).

Oh, and to your point, why would you consider him paranoid? He doesn't seem afraid of what's coming, on the contrary he is exploring the avenue of action in times of unsertainty. I admire that very much.

Ish, why have you deleted the original post?

----
You punish God, not the other way around.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinegribochek
enthusiast
Re: Split [Re: Ishmael]
    #422009 - 10/11/01 01:26 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Ishmael, there was one story about mother Tereza I heard once. Not that I know much about her anyway, and not that I am christian or anything, but anyway, it goes like this:

She was asked by someone what would she recommend to people who want to join her in her cause, or who simply want to make a better world. And she responded: "They should go home and love their families".

Now, how's that for rolling over and going back to sleep? Ah?

Read some Khalil Gibran. The Prophet is a good start (and! can be found on the internet), but his other things I like better. Unfortunately they are not that easy to find, nor are easy to understand.

----
You punish God, not the other way around.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
Re: Split [Re: gribochek]
    #422260 - 10/11/01 06:12 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Firstly, I wasn't name-calling, or diagnosing (which amounts to the same thing). Paranoid ideation doesn't mean someone IS paranoid, i.e., that someone HAS Paranoid Personality Disorder. Our fears are real fears, but when speculation is experienced as certainty, there is a problem. You do not necessarily need to have medical training to work in crisis intervention, but one does need to locate specific job opportunities such as the social worker who deals with family in ER's in urban hospitals, or in my case, the second or third largest school system in the US. The days of Haight-Ashbury type free-clinics staffed by volunteers (or MD's like David Smith) is long over. I do not sit around and wait for a crisis. I have prevention curriculum, intervention groups (divorce, bereavement, family problems, pregnancy, etc.), individuals and families to see - and peppered throughout the week are crises - physical or sexual abuse, runaways, drug problems, etc.). A Masters degree in social work, counseling, family therapy or psychology is the standard credential, and state licensure is usually sought for job applicants. But, why not pursue it? What else is there to do between weekends?

Edited by MarkostheGnostic on 10/11/01 07:13 PM.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]