Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineegghead1
Nakedly Open

Loc: The Womb of Love
Simple Wisdom
    #4173901 - 05/14/05 10:25 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Each of us has an infinite capacity for wisdom if we choose to connect with it. Wisdom is not the beginning or an end in itself, it is the process by which we can transform our physical and emotional worlds. it changes and adapts itself to the forces and the circumstances around it. The essence is to discover and liberate our consciousness so that each of us can discover the divine in everything and, through that, joy and the immeasurable possibilities in life.

Wisdom comes in many forms, but its underlying essence is the force, or energy, that holds the material and the natural worlds together. it is in every living thing on this planet, regardless of appearances. It is the song of nature; it has rhythms, pulses and beat. Listening to the rhythms of wisdom enables you to become connected to the life force of the planet. Connecting with wisdom enables you to use the energy of thoughts and actions skillfully. Many people are confused about the nature of wisdom because they see it as influence over other people. That is confusing wisdom with its effect. True wisdom is wisdom over oneself. No one can rob you of your potential for wisdom. You don't need to wear it like a badge; it has no need to show itself unless it is needed.

There is no such thing as perfect wisdom or perfect knowledge about wisdom. It is entwined in the essence of each being, so it is just as variable as we are. It does not need to be forced, merely understood. Then it naturally enables you. Connecting with wisdom comes through winning the battle of the heart. this is the war between emotion and intellect, right and wrong, good and bad. It is won when you know the nature of your personality. True wisdom manifests itself in relationships with other people, and one of its greatest qualities is that it enables you to behave with compassion, humility and good humor in all things.

The starting place is simple, although the path may be testing. You need to prepare to be full of love. This means learning to accept all the hardship and obstructions in your life so that you can begin to strip away the emotional junk that we carry. When consciousness is stuck in matter, as it is in this incarnation, we can become seduced into believing that the material things that enthrall our senses are valid and necessary. Inner wisdom helps us to cast our addictions to glamor, attitudes and everything that takes us away from who we really are and can be.

Exercising wisdom is a natural process that is constantly available to those who are prepared to look beyond the appearances of the everyday world. People are afraid of looking for wisdom because they are frightened of looking too closely at themselves. But if you are able to live with yourself in this way - opening the windows of your perception to look beyond the routine, superficial and mundane - life responds to you with open arms and an open heart. :heart:

--------------------
All you need is Love! Really thats it! Infinite Unconditional Love! Just develop that and all else will fall into place perfectly!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Simple Wisdom [Re: egghead1]
    #4173982 - 05/14/05 11:07 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I like it!  :iloveyou: :flowers: :thanx:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: Simple Wisdom [Re: Icelander]
    #4173996 - 05/14/05 11:12 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

"Wisdom you have, knowledge you get..."
-Unknown :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Simple Wisdom [Re: Gomp]
    #4174441 - 05/14/05 02:09 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

unlearn

Offlinejcldragon
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Los Angeles
Re: Simple Wisdom [Re: redgreenvines]
    #4174500 - 05/14/05 02:26 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Most people basicly believe that Causality is out there, and not inside themselves. That belief precludes them from facing what is going on inside themselves, and figuring out how to deal with it. The notion that Causality is internal, changes all of that. At the very, very least, when a person adopts a positive attitude, they will certainly be able to pick up on anything good that happens to be going on.

However, I think that this can be taken much further. I'm saying that our attitudes create the conditions we are dealing with. In a sense any problems we are encountering in life are essentially reflections of stuff we have boiling up in our own minds. Change your attitude from a negative one, to a positive one, and either the problem will go away, OR, you will be able to figure out a way to deal with it.

Now I'm sure that that may sound pretty nutty to many people. However, you can make an experiment to see whether or not it is true. Try replacing negative attitudes with positive ones, and see what happens. You can even takes this a bit further. When you find yourself dealing with somebody full of negative attitudes, try imagining what they would be like, if they held positive attitudes instead. Now while you really can't make decisions for other people, you can give them permission, and excuses to be the very best of what they already have within themselves. Try it. What have you got to lose?
Peace.

--------------------
The Soul exists simultaneously throughout all of Time.
The Ego merely exists now.

Offlineegghead1
Nakedly Open

Re: Simple Wisdom [Re: jcldragon]
    #4174696 - 05/14/05 03:32 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Thats very Interesting. Good post.5 shrooms for you newcommer.

--------------------
All you need is Love! Really thats it! Infinite Unconditional Love! Just develop that and all else will fall into place perfectly!

Offlinesagacity
Coherent
 User Gallery

#4174929 - 05/14/05 04:27 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

This was something I could relate to.. Thanks !

:heart:

--------------------
Listen . . It is you !

Offlineegghead1
Nakedly Open

Re: Simple Wisdom [Re: sagacity]
    #4175407 - 05/14/05 06:35 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

No problem, im glad you enjoyed. :heart: :sun: :grin:

--------------------

Offlineegghead1
Nakedly Open

#4175670 - 05/14/05 07:39 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

We can all experience wisdom quite simply by not entering into a state of judgement about people, situations and events. Just accept them as they are, without critsicm or comment. Instead of being judgemental, be discerning. Being judgemental is unskillfull emotional behaviour becuase you color a person, situation or event with your own prejududice. being discerning means trying to be open at all times, to allow knowlege to come to you naturally. Be, think, do what feels right. Feel the energy in this approach. All things will reveal themsleves to you if your heart is open. :heart:

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology