Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

eBay Shop: Mimosa Hostilis

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleGnuBobo
Frilly Cuffs Extraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Charisma
List of commonly occurring wild tryptamine containing plants
    #4172987 - 05/14/05 12:29 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

In the continental US? 

Is there a list or guide that someone could link me to?  I've been searching entheogen.com and trying to search here...I'd like to find something that's sort of comprehensive.  Many thanks.  :grin:

--------------------
Jerry Garcia. JERRY GARCIA! JERRY GARCIA!!!!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAneglakya
mephiticconjurator

Re: List of commonly occurring wild tryptamine containing plants [Re: GnuBobo]
    #4173773 - 05/14/05 09:02 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Well.. Check out my essay NeoShamanic Snuffs essay, I have a small list.. Ive edited and updated it much sense then but I have a version of it available at my website, www.entheomation.com at this link: http://www.entheomation.com/essays/nss.htm

Its not formatted and actually looks like shit but we are working hard on this site as much as we can. Ill probably make another post about the site later, explaining its purpose.

Here I will go ahead and post this grossly incomplete and largely forgotten list. Understand that DMT and ther trpytamine had just been reported in these plants, some contain very little amounts.. like shulgin says, DMT IS everywhere. Some sources are just better than others..

"Tryptamine Carriers: Alexander Shulgin was right when he said that "DMT is everywhere". Not only do we produce it indigenously in our bodies, it occurs abundantly throughout nature. The following is list of plants that are known to contain Significant indole/tryptamine alkaloids.

Legumes: abrus precatorius Acacia Anadenanthera desmodium: gangeticum, pulchellum, triflorum, caydatum. desmanthus illinoinsis erythrina lespedeza bicolor Mimosa: Hostilis, Scabrella, Pudica mucuna: Pruriens (Velvet bean) petalostylis labicheoides

Arundinella hirta (Reed Grass) avena sativa (Oats) arthrophytum leptolladem delosperma dutaillyea oreophila eriogonum Evodia rutacarpa festuca arundinaceous (Reed Fescue) hordeum vulgare hsychalcia justica pectoralis limonia acidissima (elephant apple) melicope leptococca nectandra megapotamica Phalaris: Aquatica, arundinicea, canariensis, tuberosa (canary Grass) Phramites Australis(arundo donox) piptedeniace pilocarpus organensis psychotria virids (chacruna) oryza sativa (rice) ormosia monosperma rhynchosia pyramidalis sida testulea gabonensis urtica pilulifera vepris ampody Virola zanthoxylum: arborescens procerum zizania cacuciflora zea mays (corn) "

Looking at that list is ambarrasing, I should really update it, but I wrote it in a hurry just to have a start down when I first wrote that essay, with help from felixhigh.. If anyone wants to work with me in updating the list let me knw and we can set aside a time to get it done. We shuold have that page formatted to look a bit better in the next week or so, thanks for all your help Mycomancer!

--------------------

InvisibleGnuBobo
Frilly Cuffs Extraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Charisma
Re: List of commonly occurring wild tryptamine containing plants [Re: Aneglakya]
    #4174502 - 05/14/05 02:27 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks!  :thumbup:  I'll check the site out.

--------------------
Jerry Garcia. JERRY GARCIA! JERRY GARCIA!!!!

Offlinepod3
Stranger
 User Gallery
- [Re: GnuBobo]
    #4182088 - 05/16/05 02:11 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

-

Edited by pod3 (10/26/06 01:19 PM)

OfflineAneglakya
mephiticconjurator

Re: List of commonly occurring wild tryptamine containing plants [Re: pod3]
    #4182559 - 05/16/05 04:40 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

searching for alkaloid along with the names of your local flora isn't going to help you out much at all if you are specifically searching for phytopharmacologically active natives.. although I do agree that you should familiarize yourself with the properties of the plants of your area. Ive created a rather large and detailed list of plants native to my area that contain many interesting compounds and properties. The list has taken me several years to compile and I have only released about 1/4th of it to the public as I am hoping to publish it with the rest of my essays. You can review it at www.entheomation.com if you are interested though. PPAP.htm link.

--------------------

Offlinefelixhigh
KIA
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
Re: List of commonly occurring wild tryptamine containing plants [Re: Aneglakya]
    #4184006 - 05/16/05 10:01 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

haven't i posted here before? anyways..
in US i would go straight for desmanthus, unless it's a research work...
phalaris is too much plant matter and too little AND mixed up alkaloids in the makeup...

FH

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: List of commonly occurring wild tryptamine containing plants [Re: GnuBobo]
    #4186035 - 05/17/05 12:39 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Trout's book, Some Simple Trytamines covers all plants with tryptamine compounds int hem. The book is several hundred pages so there is no way aI could make a list. It would take forever,

mj

Jump to top. Pages: 1

eBay Shop: Mimosa Hostilis

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden