Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!
Well, it is now been 13 days into my first batch of Oysters. YE HA! looks like "thingies" are coming out all over. I guess the technical term would be primordia. I have 5 bags and 2 are beginning to have these all over, 2 are not, and 1 is till in the spawn room (it was the last bag I made and did not have as much spawn) The only difference in the 2 bags that are pinning, and the 2 that are not, is that the 2 that are not had a PH closer to 8 when I finished pasteurizing and the the ones that are pinning were closer to 6+
YE HA.. its like havin babies.. your excited but nervous at the same time..
I bought a PH test kit at Home Depot in the swimming pool section ($9.99). It was the paper kind so all I had to do was dip the test strip. When I was pasteurizing my substrate I added lime to adjust the PH. I used Hydrogenated lime at a rate of about 3.5 tbsp to 15 lbs of dry weight and got the PH to 8. I read that that PH level is correct even though the lower is doing better.
I went down this morning and there are about 60 or so, just like in the picture above. The bags with the lower PH (6+) are starting to pin too but are moving a little bit slower then the others with the higher PH.
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: RogerRabbit, cronicr, Pastywhyte 655 topic views. 4 members, 10 guests and 0 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Toggle Favorite | Print Topic | Stats ]