Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineTec-9
Pooh-Bah

Loc: UPT
a disgrace
    #416519 - 10/07/01 05:03 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

i dont come here that often anymore but ive been reading all of these posts and all the posts they link to before from earlier discussions and i have to say that im disgusted.

ever since aphex left this site its just gotten more full of deceit and petty arguements over money. aphex and ythan created this site to increase the knowledge of mushrooms. but now that original intention is gone from the reins, the site has been tainted.

i dont even know who to believe anymore. thor, 3d, mcman, ryche, ralph, captmax, nushroom are all completely full of shit obviously, it just so happens that mcman has the shortest temper and least common sense. i sense underlying conspiracies and embezlement of funds.

but when you think about it, it is no more of a crime of thor asking for money he doesnt need than ralph claiming to run a freespore ring, yet charging $12 a syringe, for the newbies of course, who are the easiest to rip off. you guys are all profiting from the ignorance and enthusiasm of people who want to learn more about this wonderful fungi.

so to those reading this who know who you are, thanks for making the shroomery the disgusting place it is today.

--------------------------------------------------------------
MacMelphCallio Gonna Rape You For Your Life YOUBITCHYOU! - me.

I gotsta havit, silly rabbit - me

--------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------
MacMelphCallio Gonna Rape You For Your Life YOUBITCHYOU! - me.

I gotsta havit, silly rabbit - me

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCrobih
rap-cord
Loc: cave
Re: a disgrace [Re: Tec-9]
    #416535 - 10/07/01 05:21 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Tec-9.. that is exactly what bothers me too. Everything changed after departure of funders of this society. Wrong guys are here, that is definite.
But, again maybe it is time to leave this place in its own dirt, and come back when several good guys take this over again.
I hope that time will come.

If you think that Ralph is a cool guy, or even worse, that you support him, than you are an idiot. But from another point of view you are all good people sometimes
~Crobih

InvisibleOzone
Re: a disgrace [Re: Crobih]
    #416567 - 10/07/01 06:43 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I agree, there will be new owners in the future. The current ones do not have stay power. The fun will wear off along with the high of being an admin. When it starts to feel more like a job and the ego stroking doesn't work anymore, down the yellow brick road they will go.

Ozone

Edited by Ozone on 10/07/01 07:44 AM.

--------------------
Ozone

InvisibleBillyblastoff
Psychoactivepredator
 User Gallery

Loc: Down these mean city stre...
Re: a disgrace [Re: Ozone]
    #416779 - 10/07/01 10:11 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

You know Im not happy about certain events that have taken place here either but hey guess what?
"We are NOT in heaven Maaan" why should the shroomery be different than anywhrere else on God's great earth? We have the good times and we have the bad, we enjoy the good and complain and bicker about the bad shit. As part of this community we all have the right to know what is going on but must we all offer our personal views and debate every fuckin little thing? Opinions are like assholes everyone has one and everyones alittle different. Some assholes are even bigger than others..(im not mentioning any names they know who they are). Lets let the people directly involved deal with this. There's really nothing we can do anyways, we are making more of this than it should be worth. Lets get back to what we came here for and leave the ones who started this pussy shit to sit in their own mess.
If you want to ask them to move over cause you wanna sit in it too..
Well then I feel sorry for you...
My last word on this the "shroomery will get through this IF YOU LET IT"

Tell me something good then I might agree with you..

--------------------
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For while knowledge defines all we currently know and understand, imagination points to all we might yet discover and create."

"There is a wealth of information built into us, tucked away in the genetic material in every one of our cells. The psychedelic drugs allow exploration of this interior world, and insights into its nature."

Tell me something good then I might agree with you....the Smithereens

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #416891 - 10/07/01 01:01 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Is Aphex the founder of The Forest Floor as well? Is that his board?

In response to Billyblastoff, I would say that the culture around magic mushrooms should be, and probably is a little more wise than a lot of other communities you'll find. People expect the leaders of this community to have a little bit more wisdom and maturity. People expect it to be different than the rest of the world, IMO. I'm sure that the heads of this board will get their shit together soon.

Hopefully this type of shit won't happen as much once everyone takes a good look at what it's doing to us all.

"Come on, come on let work together. Because together we will stand, every boy, girl woman and a MAN!"
-Canned Heat

"Where do you draw the line?"

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
    #416928 - 10/07/01 01:29 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Tec-9:

The problem is not with the site, but, rather with the people that use it. Lately the boards have filled up with arguments because somebody has done something wrong or somebody has started talking shit about somebody else. The site is still increasing the knowledge of mushroom to newbies, so, no it has not lost its original intention and I am very suprised that you would say that. Thor and 3Dshroom have done a lot with this site over the past few months and for anybody that was paying attention in the last month you would know that the problems with money they had were to do with many one-time fees that started to pile up and it came to a point where the adminstrators themselfs could not handel it. Asking the members of the community for a little support was, in my eyes, the right thing to do. A lot of us have been here for a long time and this place holds a sentimental value to us. We know people, we like people, and we like mushrooms. Moreover, i'm suprised that you would go ahead and point fingers. The community is not being ruined by a group or five or six people rather by the community as a whole. Sure, some of those people have done some stupid things in their times here and may, sometimes, be full of shit but we all have to look past that. I admint that with McMan and his threat to the police was totally selfish, idiotic, and should never have been done. Somebody said, I forget who, we are all here because we enjoy something illegal so we should all have respect for that. Just because somebodys business practices are made out to be totally legal while other may not be, well, there should be absolutly no threats at all. McMan was totally out of line but with the following posts I dont know who to believe. Personally, I could see McMan doing something like that, but then again, want to believe that he wouldn't. As for ralphster44 starting to sell syringe for $12: It was an idea of his to enter the community as a vendor. These syringes were to be sold and $12 is not a bad price, I mean, it takes time. It had nothing to do with the FSR and absolutly had nothing to do with ripping off newbies. Newbies come to this site and are always told to "go and order a syringe from *vendor here*" by somebody who is nobody and we dont blame them for ripping off newbies. Moreover, the FSR is not reccommended highly for newbies since you still have to find your own syringe and make them. Lets face it, what most newbies lack is a good sterile enviroment and they would certanily have problems making syringes. Moreover, I am highly suprised that you would even think that Thor was asking for money that he "doesnt need". How do you know if he needs it or not. Do you even care about this community?

Just my $0.02, excuse my spelling I typed it fast. Also, I dont wish to start a flame war but Tec-9, please think before you say.

--------------------
"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not
outside, not on other people" - Aldous Huxley

Invisible40oz
 User Gallery

Loc: Sandy Eggo. Ca.
    #416929 - 10/07/01 01:29 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

thats nice, but who has the ultimate power?
thor & 3d do a damn good job, so quit your bitchin.
if you dont like how things have evolved around here, then leave and quit crying like a pouting little child.
if i had the power, i would have a happy little trigger finger on the ban button....why you ask?.....cuz i wouldnt have the patience and the kindness that thor & 3d do have.
have a nice day.
thor, 3d, you 2 are waaaaaaaay under-appreciated.

~fortyounces2freedom~ & ~disconnectedhaze~

get all your supplies AND spores at a discount price!!! CLICK HERE!!!

--------------------
:pacman: - - - -  :pill: :mushroom2: :pill2: :mushroom2: :regularshroom: :mushroomgrow: :pill: :pill2: :mushroom2: :poison:

:sun::heart::sun:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

InvisibleCaptain Jack
i [heart] you

#417175 - 10/07/01 05:57 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Once again people post about something they do not understand.

I don't think I'm smarter than you or anybody else who makes ignorant posts about the Shroomery goings-on, I'm just more in the know.

Anyway, I do see the connection to vendors, but this isn't about vendors, it's about the Shroomery. And I tend to move those to the Suggestion Forum. Good day.

http://www.captainjackmusic.com

--------------------
-
Captain Jack has been hailed as a brilliant scholar, discredited as a brilliant fraud, and mistaken for a much taller man on several occasions.

Anonymous

Re: a disgrace [Re: Captain Jack]
    #417194 - 10/07/01 06:13 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I wish I would have found this place earlier so that I could understand why everyone is bitching. I love it here. I plan to grow someday and I have already learned tons from this place. Not to mention all the other nonsense that fills in my otherwise boring day. What's not to love?

Time is not the killer... we are the killers of time.
mp3.com/spin-smk
mp3.com/smack
mp3.com/smk
mp3.com/suspicion37

InvisibleCaptain Jack
i [heart] you

Re: a disgrace [Re: Anonymous]
    #417451 - 10/07/01 11:44 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

People always bitch about how the "good old days" were better. Here and in real life.

http://www.captainjackmusic.com

--------------------
-
Captain Jack has been hailed as a brilliant scholar, discredited as a brilliant fraud, and mistaken for a much taller man on several occasions.

Offlinehubertd8
Pooh-Bah

Loc: springfield
    #417486 - 10/08/01 12:18 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

agreed, well except thor asking for $$, someones gotto pay for this shit don't they?
Ralph well not much to say except well he's charging 12 for a syr of spores which were most likely sent to him for free, i know he'll deny it but fuckl why not keep the good prints and send the shitty ones out under the FSR thing, ya know making him seem like a hero to mushroom lovers everywhere.

-Is your number still 911? Alrighty then!, AV

-If I'm not back in 5 minutes, just wait longer, AV

-If knowledge is power then a god am I, BF

--------------------
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

Bertrand Russell

Offlinehubertd8
Pooh-Bah

#417489 - 10/08/01 12:19 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Oh and why the fuck are there mods with 48 post around????

--------------------

Bertrand Russell

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
Re: a disgrace [Re: hubertd8]
    #417523 - 10/08/01 01:03 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I don't understand why people bitch about moderators quantity of posts.

If a company was hiring, do you think that they would hire the person who had the best qualifications, or just a really good customer?

O~*
It's not who or what you know...it's why... -SM

--------------------

Offlinehubertd8
Pooh-Bah

Re: a disgrace [Re: CherryBom]
    #417561 - 10/08/01 02:10 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

"If a company was hiring, do you think that they would hire the person who had the best qualifications, or just a really good customer?"

No they would hire based on experience, and well sorry to break it ot ya but post # is the best way to get a feel of how they contribute to the community, but not jsut p# more so the post they make, the more they have the more for the admist to see what kinda of member he/she is, and wit 50post u just can't do that.

Also how would u determine someones qualifications ???? Someone wit 50post is more quallified the someone wit say 1000? why don't ya explain this to me cause darn it i just can't seem to understand your logic here.

--------------------

Bertrand Russell

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: a disgrace [Re: hubertd8]
    #417577 - 10/08/01 02:31 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

That smack guy has tons of posts already and he just signed up....

I just put Vespa in OD as a mod, he barely has any posts yet he's a truely knowladgeable guy who frequents chat a lot....

I can't believe your still upset over this, what moderators have so few posts? And what have they done wrong?

OfflineCrobih
rap-cord
Loc: cave
Re: a disgrace [Re: Thor]
    #417683 - 10/08/01 05:58 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Sorry.. I back my word. I mean it is true that I do not like hiding some shit from thor, such as drug policy or confidency, but I have to admit thatgeneraly looking, thor did great job. Afterall Aphex gave up.
In the begining this was small society with no money inolvement, but it is not Thors fault.
3dshroom made this site be respectable, and new bb is way better.
I mean I have to hail for that. That is why I do not get it if they are so close to be PERFECT, why do not they sustain on that and accept some good suggestions. That is whatbothers me, and tec-9 and several others.
Again I want to say that I reaspect your admin. work, and that s the reason why are you affraid of being trasparent? If I had some money * I am a poor bastard *, I would never hesitate to reward your work.
Ralp is another story, and I do ot understand why do you Thor back that guy so much?
Thanks for reading

If you think that Ralph is a cool guy, or even worse, that you support him, than you are an idiot. But from another point of view you are all good people sometimes
~Crobih

InvisiblePGF
square

Loc: Malaysia
Pitiful disgrace [Re: hubertd8]
    #417815 - 10/08/01 08:34 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Once the admin discovered #shroomery, they elected to pool their mods from there, as opposed to here. As I understand it, one day 3D said, "who wants to be a mod over at the shroomery", and that was that. The next day twenty new mods popped up. Forums that were doing fine with one active mod now had 5 mods. Next thing you know we got posts being deleted, etc. I guess there are no "mod" rules. It's just, "here have a crack at it" and in they jump.

Hey Vespa, if you are reading this, don't start recklessly deleting and locking OD threads and you will do fine here.

Vespa is a good guy, btw.

War is bad
My enemie's sins will be washed away as I bathe in their blood

--------------------
***The Real Shroomery nigger

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: Pitiful disgrace [Re: PGF]
    #418251 - 10/08/01 12:58 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Poppie, we didn't jump into #shroomery and just hand out mod-ships.... I did recruit a few, but the majority came from the BB....

You can't take the situation in OD and call that how all the mods are doing, every other forum has been running smoothly and the vast majority of mods have done an excellent job.

The way it was before we added all those mods was that there were barely any mods who even checked into the boards more than maybe once a week. Thats why there was so much shake up, it had been a long time since fresh blood was put into the mod position.

OfflineKaren
Pooh-Bah
Female

Re: Pitiful disgrace [Re: Thor]
    #418322 - 10/08/01 02:09 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Well I can confirm that I was not picked from #shroomery. I had suggested that we have a contam forum. We got one. Some current mods suggested that they thought I would be a good canidate for modship for that forum. Then I was a mod...simple as that.

*MAKE THE SHROOMERY A BETTER PLACE!*
Visit the suggestion forum & be active in ALL aspects of the community!
When you are done go visit the FSR!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag