Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Sharing in the love
    #4171187 - 05/13/05 04:13 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Some made this observation in another post. It's an accurate one I think most of us would agree with. I thought it would be interesting if we discussed why it's been so. Why have individuals and groups been able to experience it for a time, but why can't the whole globe? What would it take for there whole globe to experience it?

Is it really just a matter of the individuals perception and approach to their environment? In other words, does it just come about because some people make a choice to be in the love that is and somehow they gravitate to each other. Is it just a matter of choice and magnetism of like attracting like?

Any random thoughts on this? Just let them fly.............

Quote:

The Shroomery is not a representative sample of society. I saw the same warm, loving atmosphere in the rave scene, at least in my early raving years. The same could be said of the hippie scene back in the 60's. There have been small Utopian groups going back a long way, but they have all failed to spread the love and acceptance across society as a whole.

edit* That was said in reference to the open and loving atmospheres of shroomery gatherings

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Edited by gettinjiggywithit (05/13/05 04:15 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSprings
Mine(d)
Male User Gallery

Loc: sky hi
Re: Sharing in the love [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #4171531 - 05/13/05 05:29 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Great observation and questions. Lots think its just a matter of time or the time, others go further and get into way far out places, all for the answer. Im with the view that thinks all spirits are capable of reaching the same places all places, but we all end up different places, maybe we are just still trying to expereience everything, and that is what is needed to see everything. In my trips when I peak and maybe touch the womb I feel everything, sometimes I think I think everything, sometimes its easy sometimes its not.

I think it is about being in the love. I think love is not just a feeling I think it is everything, the one. When I ego loss I feel all love flowwing everywhere through everything. To spread it is the hard part, I think it may be in the fact civilization has to go back to the ways of using the mushroom as a leading tool, through the crazieness and insanity one can find the love of all, and so far its the only place I can seem to find it.

Invisiblequestion_for_joo
i'm left. youall can bite me
    #4171542 - 05/13/05 05:33 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

The shroomery gatherings are probably quite different from the shroomery forums. Think about it. The only people who are gonna get the balls to go and commit themselves to an extended real life social interaction thing with a bunch of strangers from an internet community are going to be the people who
1. have the most fun participating in the internet community
2. have the most friends in the internet community
3. have the best social skills in the internet community
4. have met other shroomerites in person in the past
5. need drugs/have drugs to sell

Not to underemphasize the final thing. That's a big part of why the rave scene is so 'warm and friendly' too.

People who noone cares about or are ridiculed or ridicule others like me, Beerweed and Black Flag aren't gonna show up to meet other people in the community.

--------------------
youi was a pig informatnt so you can go fuckyoruselfs

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
    #4171571 - 05/13/05 05:38 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

"Why have individuals and groups been able to experience it for a time, but why can't the whole globe?"

I have been giving this some thought lately, and my best guess is that human experience is not designed to operate in a narrow band of love or hate, good or evil, pleasant or painful, but rather to explore the entire spectrum of possibilities. Perhaps we are only here collecting data to add to the universal pool of experience, and the judgments we impose on the data we receive are what cause suffering and dissatisfaction with our "lot in life."

"In other words, does it just come about because some people make a choice to be in the love that is and somehow they gravitate to each other. Is it just a matter of choice and magnetism of like attracting like?"

I believe strongly in the theory of magnetism, of attracting people and experiences which resonate with the "frequency" (i.e. negative or positive, loving or hateful, peaceful or angry, personally responsible or professional victim) we are broadcasting on. I have seen the difference in my life when I chose to shift to a positive focus, and sought to appreciate instead of judging the inputs I was receiving.

InvisibleDoctorJ
Stranger
 Arcade Champion: Frogger

Loc: space
    #4171615 - 05/13/05 05:51 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

gettinjiggywithit said:
Some made this observation in another post. It's an accurate one I think most of us would agree with. I thought it would be interesting if we discussed why it's been so. Why have individuals and groups been able to experience it for a time, but why can't the whole globe? What would it take for there whole globe to experience it?

Is it really just a matter of the individuals perception and approach to their environment? In other words, does it just come about because some people make a choice to be in the love that is and somehow they gravitate to each other. Is it just a matter of choice and magnetism of like attracting like?

Any random thoughts on this? Just let them fly.............

just give it time

--------------------
peace, pot, and microdot!

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Sharing in the love [Re: DoctorJ]
    #4171726 - 05/13/05 06:33 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

What fucking loving atmosphere? Fuck that shit! Fuck you all! You all fucking suck! Screw you! Bah! Love doesn't exist! Especially fucking not fucking here fucking! :mad:

:lol:

:wink:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Sharing in the love [Re: question_for_joo]
    #4171985 - 05/13/05 07:39 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Joo,

If those who go feel comfortable going because they are in an open and loving vibe with others here on the boards as well then ,doesn't that tell you something?

If you say you wouldn't be comfortable going because you are not in open loving exchanges here with people then does that tie back in to what I asked about it being a choice?

Do you realize that the nature of the relationships you establish here are of your choosing. You can review what you type before you hit send. No one makes people argue here, say mean things, push sensitive buttons, or give people bad ratings. One makes those choices out of choosing bad feelings first which create bad relationships.

I'm not saying its wrong for anyone to do that either. I am saying it is a choice and all choices come with consequences. If I call someone names when I am feeling awnry and if I don't make peace with it and then them, I can know to expect that they probably wouldn't be too thrilled to see me in person.

Then again, anyone here who has been awnry with me, I make my own peace with and do what I can to make peace with them. We choose to share our journey here with each other and we all benefit from what goes down here or we wouldn't keep coming here. If I ever went to gathering, I'd share a warm smile and a laugh with anyone from here just out of appreciation for the whole that makes this place a place that means something special to me.

Some may not feel so warm or welcoming to me and that would be their problem to deal with wouldn't it? My life goes on and so does theirs.

Again, these are all choices of many I can choose from to create and approach my world with.

It's looking like it comes down to this regarding my questions. Utopia and sharing in the love is something it looks like we choose and people have reasons for choosing other experiences. Will 8 billion people all choose utopia and to share in the universal love that is all at the same time ever?

I don't know, but for one day, just even one day..wow ...it would be so powerful and so cool.

Maybe people first have to choose that and then figure out how to tap into it within their own minds and hearts first before they can even choose to share in it with others.

People say they want world peace and more harmony and unity and ask where is the love, but are they choosing it? if not, why not?

Joo, right now, you can think of anyone here who you think wouldn't welcome you there. You can change a bad rating and send them a PM to clear the air. Choices. We have so much power to create our realities with our free will to choose and choose again if we didn't like the way a first choice came out.

I remember having pissed off one Internet friend and felt bad about it just hours later and was like WTF did I do? Our friendship is dead. Dumb me. Then I remembered that I could choose again, and sent him an e-mail from a new place having made a new choice and the friendship was back on just like that.

If anyone here is to immature to handle the fact that we all will have differing views and opinions and can't still maintain respect and an open bond for sharing then well..............choose to love them anyway. Choose to have respect for where they are anyway. Choose to share with them anyway. And maybe they can mature through knowing more people like that here.

Whats that saying "be the change you wish to see"

I love that one. And I love everyone here, even though many views and opinions differ! :heart:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Edited by gettinjiggywithit (05/13/05 08:00 PM)

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #4172031 - 05/13/05 07:49 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Very beatiful Jiggy, right on. Come on out to Burning Man this year. I want to party with ya! :heart: :mushroom2:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Sharing in the love [Re: Icelander]
    #4172118 - 05/13/05 08:14 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

:heart:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#4172120 - 05/13/05 08:15 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I'm digging the thoughtful replies everyone, thanks!!!!!! good stuff!

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
    #4172170 - 05/13/05 08:33 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

There have been small Utopian groups going back a long way, but they have all failed to spread the love and acceptance across society as a whole.

Here's why I think this is so:

1. There are those among us with no life of their own who want nothing more than to stick their nose in other people's business and control them. These are generally the intolerant Bible-Thumpers.

2. At the other end of the spectrum are the Free-Spirits (the Utopian Groups) who figure you should be allowed to do anything you want so long as it doesn't hurt anyone else.

Bible-Thumpers consider many forms of fun sin. They deny themselves fun in the odd belief that God doesn't want them to have any. This isn't new; self-denial and self-deprecation is widespread throughout religion. Some religious zealots flagellate themselves or hang themselves on hooks during pilgrimages thinking this will bring them closer to God. Others profess that God's purpose for man on earth is to suffer. It's no wonder that these groups abstain from drugs, sex, even music, dancing and other fun things in the name of God; see Taliban.

The problem with this is that, like the Jehovah's Witnesses who come knocking on my door from time to time, they're not happy to follow their doctrines in their church; they have to foist them on the rest of us (the Free-Spirits) by way of political activism.

These people and their busybody attitudes have nothing fun to do so they spend a lot of their time pooling money to influence laws and policies against the rest of us to bring us into line.

The Free-Spirit is neutral and couldn't care less about inflicting their ideas on others and so they are at an inherent disadvantage in the face of the determined Bible-Thumpers and their societal and political pressures; see Mormons.

Speaking of fun, I'm a little stoned, so I hope this makes sense. (I might edit it tomorrow.)  :tongue:

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Edited by Diploid (05/13/05 09:20 PM)

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Sharing in the love [Re: Diploid]
    #4172199 - 05/13/05 08:40 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

That made a lot of sense and I think it was very insightful. never would of seen it from that perspective but yes, wow, great point.

It clicks with me too because I remember being a kid raised in a strict catholic family home asking my parents wtf their problem was regarding why joy and fun and love wasn't allowed?

All I got were blabberings on Bible tough love and foo foo about penance and sacrifice and the virtues of suffering for others sins.

I'm laughing now thinking back on it. I use to say things to them when I was 8 like, "I thought that man in church said that God gave us life so that we might enjoy all things. How come you and dad don't enjoy anything and get mad when we(the kids) are having fun?

My dad would just give me that evil eye look and my mom would say, "good question, I don't know" and then forget about it.

I think there is a lot of truth to what you said there diploid!

From a different perspective, what veritas said I can see too.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Invisiblequestion_for_joo
i'm left. youall can bite me
    #4172324 - 05/13/05 09:03 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Jiggy,

I agree with all that.  I don't know if you were specifically directing a reprimand at me or whatever but I haven't been mean to anyone on the shroomery for a while.  I was sorta snappy with egghead a few days ago but only cause he tried to make someone else feel bad based on what I said and people've tried to do that before to me and it's just a pet peave of mine.  If you reread my last sentence the ordering is important.  I was just trying to explain why people talk so fondly of the shroomery gatherings....coz like it's only the friendliest of the friendlies who go (and cause everyone gets really high). 

One time I tried to ask about going along to a gathering on the gathering forum.
It was a classic exchange.  I'm coming!  No you aren't.  Boy was I feelin the love.  :lol:

--------------------
youi was a pig informatnt so you can go fuckyoruselfs

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
    #4172336 - 05/13/05 09:05 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I don't think Jigz was referring to any one person or any one event.  :sun:

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#4172379 - 05/13/05 09:14 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

It was totally general and because it was inspired for the idea of shroomery gatherings and you brought up some examples of S&P relationships, it made for a good "micro" example of the macro global picture. Anyone can relate it to the work place, school, family, neighborhood, clubs, whatever. maybe some people here do feel isolated or unwelcome. Maybe something I said might help. If stuff you said inspired what I said then, it's good and a part of the sharing that benefits the whole.

Wow, that read like a reprimand?:confused: Ice read something he thought was beautiful. Interesting to see how people so differently percieve the same thing. It was suppose to read like a message about the power of choices, being able to choose again and cause and effect.

:heart: :thumbup: :sun:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #4172839 - 05/13/05 11:38 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Wow, that read like a reprimand? Ice read something he thought was beautiful. Interesting to see how people so differently perceive the same thing. It was suppose to read like a message about the power of choices, being able to choose again and cause and effect.

It is amazing isn't it. And sometimes we might agree and think hey were sooo much alike, I like this.

Other times we may find ourselves on opposite sides of a highly charged issue, and think wow, this stinks.

I take that to mean no one agrees on everything, but lets never forget the common ground. :mushroom2:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology