Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
The Candyflip at Castle Belvedere
    #4170552 - 05/13/05 11:26 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

:sun:

Well, I had a great time on Wednesday.  It was the day between the two graduations at my university - one for the College of Arts and Sciences on Tuesday and one for the entire school on Thursday.  I skipped both in favor of taking lazy days off and planned my own celebration for Wednesday, when my girlfriend's roommate Eileen (my best friend since the first week of college) and I would eat a tab of acid each.

The last time that I took acid my girlfriend sat for us during the trip, but this time she was planning on heading home for the night.  It was a combination of things that mainly rested with the fact that she doesn't feel comfortable taking psychedelics right now and was just saddened by the fact that she couldn't share the experience and thought that she wouldn't want to be around it this time.  But the night before the trip she ended up wasted on her roof with Eileen, who talked her into spending the day with us.  I didn't find that out until I woke up Wednesday morning.

All in all, it was a normal day, and it started off normal enough.  We got some ice coffee, each took our respective showers and then I went down the block from my apartment to theirs and we smoked a couple of small bowls.  Then a wrench got thrown into the works...a beautiful, tasty wrench.  Eileen brought out a pill of ecstasy she had bought a while ago from a friend who'd stocked up on some that he thought was amazing.  Frankly, it was the single biggest pill of anything I'd ever seen in my life. It was a monster. We chopped it up roughly three ways and Lucy, who was still opting out of acid, had some of the MDMA along with us.  Once it was down the hatch all the pre-trip jitters vanished, I guess a psychological side effect of doing something.

We walked to the train station and boarded the Uptown 1/9 for 79th St. where I had to meet someone on a street corner to swap NIN concert tickets, Sunday for Monday.  The train ride was about 20 minutes long, and when we stepped out into the beautiful 75 degree street, all three of us were past the nauseuous state and on the road to a roll.  We swapped tickets with the dude, who was nice enough to be able to deal with in an altered state and finally made our way to the 77th St. entrance of Central Park which was only a couple of blocks away.

We all needed to find a bathroom and we were all definitely fucked up at this point. Walking seemed weird, my body was tingling and high, and I was in a supernaturally good mood that seemed to have sprung out of thin air.  We had no idea where to find a bathroom so I did the only thing I could do, I walked up to a police SUV and asked the driver where I could find a bathroom.

I have to wonder now how dilated my pupils were...the cop I asked was really helpful and gave explicit directions on how to find the bathroom but the cop in the passenger seat, she kept leaning over and grilling me right in the eyes.  Then she would look over my shoulder at Eileen and Lucy and then glare right back at me.  It was all very accusatory but I maintained my calm and just listened to the directions, thanked them and we went on our way.

Between the police SUV and the bathrooms, we walked along a side path and Eileen and I each ate a single tab of celtic cross blotter.  A couple on a bench ahead of us had been watching us the whole time.  They looked at each other and both men seemed to be laughing about it - New Yorkers really don't give a shit what other people do as far as drugs go..they definitely saw us putting stuff on our tongues though.

When we found the bathroom it was right next to a huge meadow full of baseball fields and we walked all the way around it and then went inside and sat down on the grass.  It was an awkward time - the MDMA and the LSD felt like they were jockeying for position and trying to find a natural balance and although I felt WONDERFUL, I kept feeling like I was in a state of expectancy.  I was waiting for the trip to really kick in.  I decided I had to stop thinking about my state of being and focus on sensory input.

I realized I was rolling really hard. My fingers loved playing with the grass and I had taken off my sandals, getting up now and then to walk around barefoot in it.  I loved the sound of the crack of the bat as all the baseball games around us went on.  I relished the feeling of the wind blowing over me.  I realized I had never before appreciated how amazing it was to sit int he middle of Central Park and see all of the humongous skyscrapers sticking up and suddenly you feel like you're in an entirely other world within a world.

The acid was starting to kick in (it had been about an hour and a half since ingestion of the tab) and I was having an awesome time watching little kids.  I just couldn't stop watching them running around and having fun, living in their own worlds just like I was living in mine.  There was one group of three really little kids playing soccer with a small ball - they knew that there were rules to be followed in the game but they just moved them around as they moved around. "Out of bounds" just meant that you kicked it far away.

I was getting fidgety and antsy and we debated leaving our spot as we listened to Spoon's new album, Gimme Fiction.  Suddenly Eileen saw an earthworm and we took it as a sign that this was somebody else's spot now and put on our backpacks and went for a hike through the park.  The acid had definitelyt aken control of me and Eileen because it was time for an adventure.  A trip was needed.  We stopped by the bathroom and I found it nearly impossible to piss as the bathroom tiles quivered and shifted ever so slightly.

I desperately wanted to smoke but Lucy and Eileen were afraid of getting sketched out because they were fucked up, so we didn't.  Instead we hiked towards this castle we had seen in the distance that none of us had ever explored.  I didn't know there was a castle in the park.  It was called Belevedere castle and it was fucking AWESOME.  We climbed a huge hill to get to it and walked through a doorway with a dragon mounted above it.  Up we went along a stone spiral stairway until we got to the top of the castle, which was a weather observation tower in actuality, and looked out across the park.  The view was awe-inspiring and we were above a huge pond which was reflecting the sky and the trees as ducks swam around leaving trails in their wake.

When we left Belvedere Castle we just walked.  We walked for, literally, MILES through central park.  East and then West again, north and then south, just exploring, enjoying the trees and never following the paths so much as climbing along hills and running down the other sides of them.  At one point we found a huge bronze statue of Alice in Wonderland - she was standing near two huge Mushrooms with the Mad Hatter and all sorts of crazy creatures crawling around them.  Around it were bronze plates with quotes from the book Alice and Wonderland.  We climbed around it and then went on our way.

We ended up in a second meadow where we sat and listened to a mix I had made while watching three kids wrestle with each other in the grass.  We named them Kelsey, Rachel and Vincent.  I kept thinking about the thought that obsesses me lately, the idea I have that we are each of us prisms, absences, offering up reflections of everything we receive as input.  And each of us is offering a unique reflection because the only thing we can't reflect is ourselves because we're nothing but prisms.  And when you're on a psychedelic drug, it's like you are a prism for The Moment, you become the input you receive.  So at that moment we were listening to beautiful music and watching these three carefree kids and that's just what we were.

Eventually we walked out of the park and walked all the way from 59th and 5th to 9th and 1st where my apartment is.  We smoked a lot of pot, then went to the trippiest cafe in the city, Yaffa Cafe (where I went on my first ever acid trip) and sat in their outdoor backyard garden.  I had mashed potatoes and a side salad while we drank two bottles of delicious white wine before we went back to Eileen and Lucy's apartment to smoke a lot more wine and bake and eat chocolate chip cookies while listening to music.

It was the easiest, simplest trip of my life.  I was so happy with the way just one of those blotters worked out.  it even convinced my girlfriend that she would like to eat one tab of them sometime even though acid makes her nervous.  I feel like I'm sitting on a treasure trove now that I know that a single tab is an active amount of ug of LSD.  I think that if we had smoked at all in Central Park I would have been tripping harder.  There was a certain point when I felt like if I smoked I would start hallucinating, but we never did till we got home.  The dosage with the 1/3 pill of MDMA was...unbelievably perfect.  i woke up the next day without any of that post-tripping groggy feeling, and rejoined reality completely refreshed.  I had a lot of fun on Wednesday.  :thumbup:

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMeatSpace
Waxer of unicorn butthole
 User Gallery

Loc: Deep inside your ass
Re: The Candyflip at Castle Belvedere [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4170750 - 05/13/05 12:15 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

School's out, do you really think we wanna do more reading?

--------------------
:crankey:
/    l    \__:thumbup: ... Hi, I'm Crankey, and I approve this message.

Male

Re: The Candyflip at Castle Belvedere [Re: MeatSpace]
    #4170766 - 05/13/05 12:22 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Nah but I like writing. I don't ever expect anyone to read long things, but that's not gonna ever keep me from writing them!

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

OfflineMeatSpace
 User Gallery

#4170772 - 05/13/05 12:24 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

a

synopsis

please

--------------------

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

Loc: Overlook
    #4170774 - 05/13/05 12:25 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Sounds like a great time man. Props for pulling all that off, I couldn't do it unless on a threshold dose.

--------------------

Male

#4170776 - 05/13/05 12:25 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Ecstasy, acid, park, good time.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

#4170785 - 05/13/05 12:28 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Nice trip report. I like that part about the cops, haha!

I like trips where you can just explore shit endlessly. Sounds like it worked out very well for you guys.

Male

Re: The Candyflip at Castle Belvedere [Re: DNKYD]
    #4170788 - 05/13/05 12:28 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah it was just a good day with no responsibilities.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

OfflineMeatSpace
 User Gallery

#4170792 - 05/13/05 12:30 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Was that so hard?

kthxbye

--------------------

Male

#4170805 - 05/13/05 12:35 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

MeatSpace said:
:bitch:

--------------------

-Erik Davis

InvisibleCalifornia
A E S T H E T I C S A T A N
 User Gallery

Loc: H A U N T E D H O U S E Flag
    #4170921 - 05/13/05 01:15 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Definitely worth the read.
Congrats on your graduation :cheers:, and a trip(plus report) well done. :thumbup: :thumbup:

InvisiblednL
stranger thanstrange

Re: The Candyflip at Castle Belvedere [Re: California]
    #4172986 - 05/13/05 10:28 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

one day you should get a camera and take some pics, especially from that castle ... i want to see what it looks like and the view over the park

great trip report as always

--------------------

OfflineBanJankri
FreefallerUpwards

#4173543 - 05/14/05 02:54 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Nice report buddy. that police part is quite fucked up, nice you kept your calm  :smile: I also like the alice in wonderland part. I would like seeing people take acid in the middle of a park, thats cool :wink: I see people with tabs in their tongues in the psychedelic parties I go to, so i know its a good sight hehe.

I've done the combination and it was an awesome trip in a greek island. Happy you had a good time.

--------------------
Just let everything flow, just flow right to the center of everything. You gotta turn off your mind and relax, and then just float downstream...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies