Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleMy Third Eye
old hand

Folding@home Statistics
dreams come true
    #416959 - 10/07/01 03:53 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

i have been having these reoccuring dreams about the girls i went to high school with..one in particular though is a girl that i have been wanting to see for a long long time now and havnt caught up with her.i used to date her back in high school but my dumb ass blew her off until she broke up with me.and i kick myself for it today because she is a very nice girl.very pretty as well..so she has been in my dreams frequently..last night i saw her when i was out and about..it was the weirdest shit..all i could think about was the dreams ive been having of her..so i fall asleep last night and start having this weird dream about being on this great big boat that is docked at some harbor and everyone is partying inside..i walked outside and the wind was blowing like crazy and something terrible had happened to the earth..there were big smoke clouds off in the distance and a terrible storm was coming..i saw her running for the boat..before she could make it cops raided the place and had me and everyone else that i knew and they searched us down..then i woke up..i know my dreams are telling me something about her but i cant quite put my finger on whether its good or bad..

I embrace my desire to
feel the rhythm, to feel connected
enough to step aside and weep like a widow
to feel inspired, to fathom the power,
to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain,

--------------------
suddenly a flaming stealth banana split the sky
like one would hope but never really expect
to see in a place like this.
Cutting right angle donuts on a dime
and stopping right at my Birkenstocks,
and me yelping...Holy fucking shit!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineoneoverzero
veteran
Loc: Cyber Space
Re: dreams come true [Re: My Third Eye]
    #417061 - 10/07/01 05:33 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I'm not sure exactly what to tell you because this is your life you're living and dreaming in. Maybe forget about thinking good/bad and actually do something! It's your life, your choice... and this girl?

Forever Never Stops

--------------------
[red]0011 0001 0010 1111 0011 0000[/red]

InvisibleMy Third Eye
old hand

Folding@home Statistics
Re: dreams come true [Re: oneoverzero]
    #417077 - 10/07/01 05:49 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

yea i did do something..she is supposed to come see me the 27th..we'll see from there i suppose..my dreams just seem so real sometimes that i take them seriously..ill wake up from certain dreams and have that same feeling in me that i had in the dream the rest of the day..i basically quit smoking pot so now i remember almost all of my dreams..its great.

I embrace my desire to

--------------------

InvisibleIshmael
enthusiast

#417458 - 10/08/01 01:51 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Any time I risk interpreting another person's dreams, I always must know the person very well - at least have some sense of their mentality and thought processes. What certain symbols mean to them, and how those symbols inter-relate. The best I can do without such knowledge is just apply your dream to the general mentality that people share within our culture. This isn't from a book, just my interpretation and thusly, don't base your life around it.

I'll give you this analysis:

The girl all at once represents your wants, desires and regrets. In the dream, she is coming /to/ where you are. Coming /to/ you (to your party), meaning that you probably feel in your life that you're making strides towards fullfilling your desires and eliminating your sense of regret. The storm you sense is probably your discomfort with the current global situation, your fear and axiety over over it - something unpredictable that you weren't expecting to occur (you're partying on a boat, no one plans a boat party in a storm). The girl comes running to you due to this storm (the sense you give is that she is /fleeing/ in the dream). And then just as you are about to realize all your hopes, desires and defy regret (the girl joining you), the authoritarian nature of the world destroys your party (in the form of the police), all at once stripping you of your point of current social standing (the party) and once again removing those things which you percieved as making you complete from your reach.

I hope this helps. If not, well, it was free.
Ish

Offlineoneoverzero
veteran
Loc: Cyber Space
    #417546 - 10/08/01 03:41 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Once I was reading about falling asleep in a dream in order to awaken into another deeper level dream. The dream within the dream. The article (lost the ref.) said it was possible to go as far as four, five, six, seven levels of going to sleep in a dream to awaken into another deeper level. They said the deeper the level - the more detail and life-like it was, but warned that it can get tricky to re-awaken back up the levels.

So I tried it out, laying down to sleep in a dream and really did go into a deeper level of dreaming. When I fully woke up wide-awake I could remember incredible details - and everything in the dream was just like real-life (no weird stuff, no discontinuity of time - yes to smell, touch, feel, see and hear the dream environment).

The Aboriginal Culture, which I understand has existed for 40,000 years is all way into dreams. They teach such things as if you come to a cliff - jump! And you will overcome your fear. You can fly! You can defeat tigers!

It's like a whole other world, just as valid as our waking world - maybe the same world together?

Best of times with your visit. And pleasant dreams my friend. :)

Forever Never Stops

--------------------
[red]0011 0001 0010 1111 0011 0000[/red]

Offlinewintertime
enthusiast
    #417593 - 10/08/01 05:02 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

oneoverzero: yahp.. i've been studying Aboriginal Religion all year now, and dreams are a very large part of their spirituality. alot of their spiritual knowledge is given unto them by spirits which visit them while they are sleeping and tell them the locations of sacred sites and objects.

i very often dream, but i usually don't realise i had been dreaming until about 10 minutes after i wake up, and by then I have forgotten alot of the dream. can anyone give me any advice on ways of recollecting (not so much lucid dreaming) dreams after having had them? its like say if you watch a movie, and not know a thing about it until after having seen it you remember the "gist" of it, but nothing more.. quite frustrating

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
Re: dreams come true [Re: wintertime]
    #418453 - 10/08/01 06:16 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

wintertime: when you wake up... DONT stand up inmediately... remain in your bed thinking about your dream, trying to recall it... when you start to get glympes, follow the dream back as much as you can... try to roll in your bed and remain laying in different positions, which will recall the parts of the dream you dreamt while laying in that position...
hope it helps...

--------------------

InvisibleMy Third Eye
old hand

Folding@home Statistics
Re: dreams come true [Re: Ishmael]
    #418589 - 10/08/01 07:57 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

thank you for your response ishmeal..your interpretation actually brought a lot of sense to the whole thing..im thinking that im going to use this girl for a dream symbol from now on so i can gain control next time i see her in dream land..

I embrace my desire to

--------------------

Offlinewintertime
enthusiast
Re: dreams come true [Re: In(di)go]
    #420456 - 10/10/01 05:20 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

thanks lozt, i'll be sure to give it a shot tomorrow morning and i'll post whatever I dream up here if it works :)

OfflineTraveller
enthusiast
    #420517 - 10/10/01 08:44 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

where have you been learning about the aboriginal religion?

thanks, study hard man we need to keep this stuff alive...but you know that very well i'm sure.

Offlinewintertime
enthusiast
Re: dreams come true [Re: Traveller]
    #424743 - 10/14/01 02:45 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Hey Traveller

I've been studying it at school as one of my final subjects, the actual subject is called "Religion and Society", but schools across Australia all choose different religions.. The majority choose Christianity, but as far as I know we are the only school doing Aboriginal Religion.. it's great because I've learnt alot about Aboriginal culture and their situation, things that I wouldn't have learnt otherwise. Do you live in Australia?

OfflineTraveller
enthusiast
    #426996 - 10/16/01 03:05 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

lived in canberra for a few years until about two years ago, i'll be going back there next year. i'm also super keen to learn about aboriginal philosophy and bush skills and stuff....

Anonymous

#427306 - 10/16/01 01:59 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Don't you plan your reality in the dream world? I know I do...I'd like to think I'm not alone.

Offlinedimethoxy
Stranger
Loc: uk
Re: dreams come true [Re: ]
    #427453 - 10/16/01 04:27 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Shroomism, reality is planned in the dreams, thankyou.

Dude, have u slept (or being out with, not sure of age!), with anyone else since your incedent? I dream of girls I ought to shag, and I never do in reallity. Have you noticed your dreams getting more surreal after blowing it with miss right? You should get yourself a casuL SHAG, it is probably your hormones (assuming ur a 16-25yr old!) hormones r more potent drugz than ur acid or shrooms!!!

--------------------
It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for someone you are not.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology