Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Microscope

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSin Bad
Mushroom Man

Loc: Japan
Magic Mushroom Law, around the world
    #4169245 - 05/13/05 02:54 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

It seems the UK is gowing the same way as the States and Oz, in terms of their ridiculous Shroom Laws. Depsite resistance, I believe fresh shrooms as well as dried ones are very soon to become a Class A drug, along with herion and crack.

What I'd like to know is - for you Amercians and Aussies, and anyone else who is already living under this law - how does it work for farmers who happen to have shrooms on their land?

Where do they draw the line? Is it at the physical picking of the mushroom?

Surely, strickly speaking, if a shroom is growing on your land - you are a Class A drug producer.

Also - what's the legal status of mushrooms in other countries of the world?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleAdden
Saprotrophic Specimen
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Amongst the Dunes
Re: Magic Mushroom Law, around the world [Re: Sin Bad]
    #4169268 - 05/13/05 03:00 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

US -- Farmers having actives growing on their land, big deal. As long as you're not arrested selling mass quantities, you're golden. Wake to a rooster, gaze at your beautiful land, pick some beauties and trip your balls off all day.

It would be absurd if it were illegal for them to even grow on your land. How would you even go about preventing every single microscopic spore even with fungicides? They're not even 100% effective, nor cost-effective for farmers.

Offlineajna
Hunter
Male

Loc: Qld, AUS
Re: Magic Mushroom Law, around the world [Re: Adden]
    #4169521 - 05/13/05 04:02 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

i believe the law specifies that the mushrooms be in your possession or prepared for consumption.

--------------------

what i'm listening to: http://www.audioscrobbler.com/user/ajnachakra/

OfflineAnnomM
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
    #4169634 - 05/13/05 04:54 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Australia
It says: While each Australian state has enacted legislation controlling these psychoactive substances and their analogues, only one state, Queensland, has declared a specific mushroom, Psilocybe Cubensis (Earle) Singer, as being a prohibited "plant" under the Queensland Health Act of l937-l971. Intoxications from the consumption of Psilocybe Cubensis were reported as early as l958. Dr. Malcolm C. Hall, formerly of the Canberra Commonwealth Police Force, noted that Psilocybin and Psilocin were also listed as Schedule 3 drugs in the Tasmanian Dangerous Drugs Order of l965. He pointed out that the International Convention on Psychotropic Substances of l971 later designated both of these chemicals as Schedule l drugs.

Belgium
Psilocybin and Psilocin are on a forbidden drugs list in Belgium. All Psilocybe Mushrooms are illegal.

http://www.druglijn.be/info_drugs/drugsABC/ecodrugs/wetgeving.html

Canada
Both Psilocybin and Psilocin are schedule III in Canada. (Note: Canadian schedules are very different than U.S. schedules)

http://www.erowid.org/psychoactives/law/countries/law_canada.shtml

Denmark
The Danish Ministry of Health declared that is would make Psilocybin mushrooms illegal to possess, buy, and sell as of July 1, 2001

http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms_law7.shtml

Germany
As of July 1st, 2001 the law was extended to prohibit the possession of seeds, spores and mycelium of plants, which are prohibited because they contain controlled/illegal substances are prohibited too. It doesn?t matter if these seeds, mycelium, or spores contain the substances itself.

Iceland
Iceland follows UN recommendations in regards to its drug laws. In the case of mushrooms if you are caught with fresh mushrooms you can feel confident nothing will happen.. Even in most cases when a person is caught with dried mushrooms those are also typically not something the police will concern themselves with.

Icelandic police tend to deal with Mushrooms on a case by case basis and would likely make arrests if someone is caught growing in bulk quantities. However in Icelandic society people who openly pick magic mushrooms (Liberty caps) in and around Reykjavik are a source of humour to people.

I would often in broad daylight go hunting for Liberty Caps and have no fear of the police or anyone for that matter caring what I'm doing.

I would remind anyone in Iceland that they are not legal, but the attitude of the police and society of Iceland is such that it is practically decriminalized.

Japan
In Japan, it was legal to possess and sell Psilocybin mushrooms until June 2002. Possibly in preparation for the World Cup and in response a widely reported case of mushroom poisoning, however, possession was made illegal in 2002.

Latvia
Psilocybin mushrooms are illegal in Latvia in any form (fresh or dried). So is Psilocybin and Psilocin. Psilocybin mushrooms are Schedule I drugs (I saraksts - substances classified in conformity with Schedule IV of the Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs of 30 March 1961 and amendments that have been made in conformity with the 1972 Protocol Amending the Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs of 30 March 1961) - prohibited especially dangerous narcotic drugs and equivalent psychotropic substances

Quantities starting from which criminal liability applies

Fresh mushrooms.........................................................................>=5g (Quantities which are considered to be large quantities: >=100g)
Dried mushrooms........................................................................>=0.5g (Quantities which are considered to be large quantities: >=5g)
Psilocybin, Psilocin.......................................................................>=0.01g (Quantities which are considered to be large quantities: >=1g)

Some links
The Criminal Law (latvian, english)
Regulations On Schedules of Narcotic Drugs, Psychotropic Substances and Precursors (latvian, english)
Regulations regarding Quantities of Narcotic and Psychotropic Substances and Medicinal Products in Illegal Circulation (latvian, english)

The Netherlands
Psilocybe Mushrooms are legal in the Netherlands. Psilocybin and Psilocin fall under the first opium act(drugs with unacceptable risks) but the supreme court in Holland decided that natural plants containing Psilocybin aren't illegal because they grow in nature. Federal court also decided that dried mushrooms are illegal because they are prepared to eat for the Psilocybin and Psilocin. Dried mushrooms are illegal in theory, but most Smartshops still sell them. Fresh and dried mushrooms can be bought in special shops (?Smartshops?). Growing Psilocybe mushrooms is legal. The use of all drugs is legal in Holland.

Sweden
All mushrooms containing Psilocybin and Psilocin are classified as narcotic drugs, regardless of what species they are.

Thailand
Psilocybe Cubensis, or "Psilocybin" or "Psilocin"-containing plants "including all parts e.g. flower, stem, spore." are illegal to possess or sell in Thailand, as of October 1988.

http://www.unodc.org/unodc/legal_library/th/legal_library_1990-07-05_1989-36.html

United Kingdom
Psilocybin and Psilocin are both illegal to possess and sell in Britain. Fresh magic mushrooms are legal to possess were sold in shops throughout the UK (2002-2004). At the start of July 2004, the British government announced that they had "re-interpreted" the law and declared selling fresh mushrooms a "preparation". (http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/legal/story.jsp?story=543758). In response some stores closed but many remained open around London. VAT (value added tax) was being collected on imports (thanks to JB). According to Edinburgh News.com(http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/politics.cfm?id=1119152004), in late September, 2004, the cases against the shops selling mushrooms were dropped.
? "I am not sure to what extent the trade remains around the country, except to say that in London (where the initial boom in sales began a few years ago) there remains a thriving trade in fresh mushrooms and grow kits from shops and stalls in several major shopping areas." (JB, Sep 27 2004
? Legal drug sale challenge planned(http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/3716616.stm), Oct 6 2004
Dried magic mushrooms have a Class A drug status, which means that the prison sentence for possession and distribution could be similar to that of other Class A drugs such as L.S.D, Heroin, Cocaine & Crack, but even dried mushrooms are not considered a police priority. It is uncommon for someone to be seriously prosecuted for simple possession, and 'accidentally dried' mushrooms have generally been overlooked.

United States of America
http://www.shroomery.org/index/the/default/par/3367

OfflineAnnomM
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
Re: Magic Mushroom Law, around the world [Re: Annom]
    #4169635 - 05/13/05 04:54 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Feel free to add your country or update any legal info!

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

Re: Magic Mushroom Law, around the world [Re: Annom]
    #4172320 - 05/13/05 09:03 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Canada --> I am under the impression that if you are caught with a certain amount of Psilocybin mushrooms you can be charged with manslaugher...

I have no proof of this, but I have heard this from more than one person who have had run-ins with the law.

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

Offlinepink_buffalo
deranged
Re: Magic Mushroom Law, around the world [Re: Ginseng1]
    #4172949 - 05/14/05 12:12 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

in canada Possession of fresh mushrooms, spores ,Cultures at mycelium, Cultures at mushroom stage the only thing that illegal is dried mushrooms. click here

--------------------
death, its a one and a life time experence ill be ready will you?

Offlinepeaceful_gnome
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: BC
Re: Magic Mushroom Law, around the world [Re: Ginseng1]
    #4173574 - 05/14/05 05:10 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Ginseng1 said:
Canada --> I am under the impression that if you are caught with a certain amount of Psilocybin mushrooms you can be charged with manslaugher...

I have no proof of this, but I have heard this from more than one person who have had run-ins with the law.

That's a ridiculous notion.

Edited by peaceful_gnome (05/14/05 05:11 AM)

OfflineSin Bad
Mushroom Man

Loc: Japan
Re: Magic Mushroom Law, around the world [Re: peaceful_gnome]
    #4179235 - 05/15/05 07:17 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Cheers Annom -

Some very interesting info there -

It seems like Iceland/Holland have the right idea.

Offlinepsilonaut
Stranger

Loc: Southern Ontario
Re: Magic Mushroom Law, around the world [Re: pink_buffalo]
    #4750725 - 10/03/05 08:08 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

pink_buffalo said:
in canada Possession of fresh mushrooms, spores ,Cultures at mycelium, Cultures at mushroom stage the only thing that illegal is dried mushrooms. click here

Didn't bill C-7 change that around 1995??

--------------------
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
Hunter S. Thompson (1939 - 2005)

Invisiblehcrider
 User Gallery
Loc: Fishbowl
Re: Magic Mushroom Law, around the world [Re: psilonaut]
    #4750805 - 10/03/05 08:27 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

that would be nice, if it was only dried mushroom that were illegal.

OfflineMxIndustry
Sheep
Male

Loc: GTA
Re: Magic Mushroom Law, around the world [Re: hcrider]
    #4751059 - 10/03/05 09:25 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

In Canada the sentencing for possesion of mushrooms, LSD or amphetamines are the same. I believe they are somewhere from a minimum of 5 years prison and max of 8, depending if there were prior arrests, if you are a young offender and basically if you get a good D.A. or judge :P

--------------------

Better living through chemistry.

Contribute to the Seed Exchange

Contribute to the Free Cactus/Ethno Ring

Invisibleecuapride92
Duppy Conqueror
Male

Loc: HighesT Heights
    #14950210 - 08/20/11 01:27 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

In Jamaica they are legal! :mushroom2:

--------------------
All the Buddhas of all the ages have been telling you a very simple fact: Be - don't try to become. Within these two words, be and becoming, your whole life is contained. Being is enlightenment, becoming is ignorance. - Osho

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Microscope

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience