Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePsiloman
Male
Loc: Europe
Wow! Anyone hear of/using maxicrop? UPDATE:Phytohormones at the store near you and your urine!!!!
    #4167592 - 05/12/05 05:34 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Upon looking for pea inocculants in my city's market and finding none (they are non existant,they havent even heard of them!!!) i stumbled upon a product that while not an innoculant seemed original!

It is called maxicrop and its is called a "biostimulant". It contains 8% of Ascophyllum Nodosum extract (a seeweed) and some very interesting ingredients.Behold:

Phytohormones:Auxins,Giberillins,Cytokinins

Phytostimulants: Betaines (balanced formula of gama-aminobutyric acid, delta-aminovaleric acid and glycosinobetaine)

Other substances: Alginic acid, Manitol,laminarin,pentosanes (?) ,aminoacids,vitamines

A whole lot of 60 trace elements and other elements...

So what do you think? any feedback on ingredients (except from phytohormones which i know what they do)

On a side note: Can one make his own pea innoculant?

Edited by Psiloman (05/14/05 12:52 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineChemical_Bliss
Officer of thelaw...
Re: Wow! Anyone hear of/using maxicrop? Seems like a Miracle! [Re: Psiloman]
    #4168026 - 05/12/05 07:22 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Plant peas, wait until they get about an inch or so tall and pinch off at the base right above the ground. It supposedly works as good as pea inoc.

--------------------
'divine moments of truth, total and utter cosmic stuff...'
'be here now... i love everybody'

Invisibleentheoindole
Seāð Wīdfarend
 User Gallery

Loc: Eormensyll, Vīnland
Re: Wow! Anyone hear of/using maxicrop? Seems like a Miracle! [Re: Chemical_Bliss]
    #4168154 - 05/12/05 07:54 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Chemical_Bliss said:
Plant peas, wait until they get about an inch or so tall and pinch off at the base right above the ground. It supposedly works as good as pea inoc.

This method works very well! I have 6 very healthy Acacia maidenii growing tall and strong. started from seed and inoculated by planting peas in the pot along with the seedlings. The hardest part of this method is determining when to inoculate your seedlings. Maybe I'll post some pics of my babies in this thread.

Peas & hominy, :grin:
entheo

OfflineChemical_Bliss
Officer of thelaw...
Re: Wow! Anyone hear of/using maxicrop? Seems like a Miracle! [Re: entheoindole]
    #4168467 - 05/12/05 09:12 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Entheo, I have been looking into growing this perticualr plant for some time now. Can you offer any inf on it? Is it hard to cultivate? do you have any more seeds youd be willing to trade for?

--------------------
'divine moments of truth, total and utter cosmic stuff...'
'be here now... i love everybody'

OfflinePsiloman
Male
Re: Wow! Anyone hear of/using maxicrop? Seems like a Miracle! [Re: Chemical_Bliss]
    #4174570 - 05/14/05 12:50 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Update!

I just found this article http://rbt.ots.ac.cr/revistas/44-3y451/kadiri.htm

In simple terms many phytohormones that maxicrop contains increase height,mass,vitamin and even alkaloidal production of plants (as demonstrated in Datura species!).So get this product if you can

As a VERY USEFULL SIDENOTE: Phytohormones are not that exotic!!!!! Coconut mil (found in asian stores) contain cytokinins! Your own urine contains indoloacetic acid (IAA)!!!! Many other factors can be researched and found in local market! For a start you could utilize coconut milk to water your plants! If you have no taboos about your yellow liquid offer it to the plants as well....

Bigger,healthier,more potent plants by pissing them and giving them coconut milk! Yes,its not that exotic but it seems to work!!!!!!

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

#4174579 - 05/14/05 12:54 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

any thing like super thrive? Stuff is like steroids for plants.

OfflinePsiloman
Male
Re: Wow! Anyone hear of/using maxicrop? Seems like a Miracle! [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #4174707 - 05/14/05 01:35 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

SHEIKofSHIITAKE said:
any thing like super thrive? Stuff is like steroids for plants.

I dont know if you know it but you had a very good question that gave me some research material!!!! I tried to find info on superthrive ,to have a look at its ingredients.With a superficial look ,yes its a kind of superthrive...If we look closer though we can find this thread that comments on both of them : http://www.overgrow.com/edge/showthread/t-571021.html

The interesting part of the comparison is this :

First superthrive :
Quote:

Super Thrive
[Difficult to get in Canada. A USDA agri crop enhancer.]

(420JHerer) NO Superthrive during flowering!

(bub) SuperThrive and a bunch of the others not only delay budding, they retard it?Great for veg. but you end up with light, airy undeveloped buds.

I used to end up with green healthy plants right up to the end, but the harvest was disappointing. Stopping the Superthrive before flowering is all that was necessary. I rarely use it at all any more. Stress relief is about it. With SuperThrive it's longer ripening=smaller buds=airier buds=longer time to harvest less.

(Erliquin) For what it's worth, my experience in super thrive (NAA) is that it will screw a grow if used throughout the 12/12. So I only use it as a mend to 12/12, in the mothers and in the clones, that's it. Dump by the end of week 2 in 12/12 and add no more NAA.

Hey, don't believe me, do a run complete with NAA adding it to every new working solution and then do a run without it. You'll see which is better. It will be unmistakable as to which one is a lot of leafy inflorescence and which one wasn't.

I made the mistake a number of years ago, never again. Buy hey, not convinced, give it a rumble. Don't forget, hydro is a closed system (unless run to waste) as there's no leach unlike soil.

(ILLSWITCH) Superthrive contains (NAA) an auxin compound, When used throughout flowering it delays RIPENING of flowers.

(Uncle Ben) I will only use Superthrive during upcanning/transplanting, knowing full well that the auxin induces root cell division. Anything other than that, I keep the hormones where they belong - in the closet.

Now Maxicrop :

Quote:

Maxicrop

(KIF Richards) Maxicrop ? nodosum (kelp). That is damn good stuff throughout a grow. Great for soaking cut clones, great to induce rooting, great for veg, great for flower. It's the cheapest, safest bottled kick in the ass for any grow, and this applies to all plants.

(HiLlBiLlY BuDmUnChEr) Occasionally when both in veg and flower, I like to spray the plants with Maxicrop seaweed; they always look better the next day.

Now im not into growing weed but a)you dont want your supplement to mess up ANY flowers in ANY short (as a cultivator i love flowers,since they give me seeds to make more entheogen plants!) b)I searched around and NAA (naphtbaleneacetic acid) seems to hinder if not KILL seeds (now that would be bad news for some precious viridis seeds,no?)...Unfortunatelly cant quote that source now,since i cant find where i read it.

Anyway on the bottle it says it can be used for germination of seeds (Maxicrop that is)...Because i dont trust labels i searched in the net and found this link http://www.rarefruit.com/RFN1999AllYr.txt . THe quotable part is this:

Quote:

Howdy All

There are documented studies going back decades that demonstrate
that kelp foliars/admendment does wonders for a plants ability to
withstand cold. Also a great germination enhancer. Also does
wonders for keeping fruit around longer on the tree w/o going bad...
Get some - Maxicrop is one name brand that comes to mind - there are
many others.

On a cellular level the lipid structure of the cell membranes is
made more flexible when exposed to the nutrients, in the kelp, for a
period of time. That being the case, the cell flexes, instead of
bursting when freezing occurs. It's also thought that the "salts"
have a lower freezing temp, so, if sprayed at night before a frost,
can mitigate damage as well..

Bill Evans

Hmmm...Id prefer it over superthrive,maxicrop seems more generic and less "harmless" whatever are the plants you are planting...

I will also try to uncover more on coconut milk!

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

#4174737 - 05/14/05 01:43 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

interesting. Thanks. Is maxicrop the stuff in the tall white bottle?

OfflinePsiloman
Male
Re: Wow! Anyone hear of/using maxicrop? Seems like a Miracle! [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #4174813 - 05/14/05 01:58 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Hmm,i found out it comes in different bottles in different countries..Mine is manufactured in england by (guess who) Maxicrop LTD ,but the bottle doesnt look like anything in the websites.Its an almost cylindric bottle that 1/3-1/4 of the cylinder is missing and it has a very crappy logo with a mermaid holding flowers (Yes,dont ask,i dont know what the guy designing the bottle was thinking)

You will porpably recognise it by composition ,the ascophyllum Nodosum part and all the inrgedients i mentioned. If your location is correct (somewhere in Middle East?) we might even get the same crappy bottle design!

Anyway,im giving it a go ,all the comments i fished around where perfect ,from stress resistance (that brings salvia to mind) ,seed germination if inoculated in it,extra growth of plants,more chlorophyll and judging by its composition maybe even higher levels of actives in the plant.If not,still the extra plant mass it can help your plants develop will provide extra actives,if that what one is after!

Invisibleentheoindole
Seāð Wīdfarend
 User Gallery

#4176650 - 05/14/05 11:24 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Chemical_Bliss said:
Entheo, I have been looking into growing this perticualr plant for some time now. Can you offer any inf on it? Is it hard to cultivate? do you have any more seeds youd be willing to trade for?

Unfortunately I have no seeds to give you and I don't believe my babies will be setting seeds anytime soon. The good news is; these trees have been extremely easy to grow so far.

Germination: Put A. maidenii seeds in a bowl, boil water, pour scalding hot water on seeds, let seeds soak over night {preferably until they are swollen}

Plant scalded/swollen seeds in seed starter soil in peat pots or flats {I recommend peat pots, saves roots when trans-planting}

Place peat pots/flats in a mini-greenhouse in indirect light, i.e. window, flouros, etc...

Care: Once they germinate and pass the "dicot" stage, open the greenhouse lid about halfway

After a week or so remove the lid {remember not to let the peat pots dry out, this means death for seedlings}

**At some point you must inoculate them by planting peas in the pot with them, I would do this after they are hardened off from the moister of the mini-greenhouse but before you acclimate them to the out of doors, & remember to pinch off the pea sprouts once they emerge and grow a little**

Once they reach 2" or so, acclimatize them to the out of doors { water them regularly and feed them in the spring & summer periodically, trans-plant into larger pots when necessary}

You don't have to overwinter them in the house {unless you live in Siberia:smirk:}, they are very cold hardy *can handle snow*

The largest one I have right now is about 2'. Their stems are beginning to accrue their rough "barky" exterior.
Once they are established they are very easy to care for; of course this is not accounting for when they are fully matured and large.
You could keep them root-bound so they don't grow to be "too" large to handle or you could plant them in the ground.
Now, I probably wouldn't do this in area such as Michigan. Maybe in climates such as the eastern Carolina(s) and on down to Florida. I left mine out side all winter long with out a hitch. But it doesn't snow here; we do have frosts however.
I've seen pictures of one individuals A. madenii that were about 3.5'-4' tall and covered in snow. He claimed they were not affected in the least. They do grow very slow in the winter though; here they don't even go dormant. They may go dormant in colder climes {this is conjecture, I am no expert}.

I hope this helps you in your venture with this wonderful ally and I hope you can find the seeds you seek...

Peace :mushroom2:

Invisibleentheoindole
Seāð Wīdfarend
 User Gallery

#4176722 - 05/14/05 11:54 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Psiloman said:

As a VERY USEFULL SIDENOTE: Phytohormones are not that exotic!!!!! Coconut mil (found in asian stores) contain cytokinins! Your own urine contains indoloacetic acid (IAA)!!!! Many other factors can be researched and found in local market! For a start you could utilize coconut milk to water your plants! If you have no taboos about your yellow liquid offer it to the plants as well....

Bigger,healthier,more potent plants by pissing them and giving them coconut milk! Yes,its not that exotic but it seems to work!!!!!!

These are very interesting ideas!

I've read about the many wonders of kelp, and a trusted friend {who runs his own nursery} recommended it on a few occasions {not to mention this discussion also}. It seems MaxiCrop would be an idea fert; maybe in combo with fish emulsion or some other organic fert. I think I may add this to my repertoire. I use only organic fert and pest control methods and believe this would be an ideal amendment to a fert regimen.

On a side note: Can anyone recommend a good organic fert {besides MaxiCrop} for fruit trees; orange trees in particular?

OfflinePsiloman
Male
Re: Wow! Anyone hear of/using maxicrop? Seems like a Miracle! [Re: entheoindole]
    #4187123 - 05/17/05 02:37 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Hmm Organic fetilisers... One can make his own compost out of weeds and grass,but you propably know of composting.I consider it one of the best organic ferts,plus they provide a soil like basis you can grow plants on. If you are a fan of "liquid solutions" you could try this : Filter your water through your compost! What runs out of your compost will be yum-yum for your plants!

You could also dejuice lots of grasses and weeds and keep this in a bottle with some peroxide added since it helps fight bacteria and oxidizes many elements of it into more usable forms.Dilute with some water and waters the plants with it...

Adding some ash to the above mixtures enhances it with more potassium (great for bloomers) plus a whole array of inorganic mostly nutrients.Be carefull of the pH though as i think it could go too basic.

Unfortunatelly i can offer no help on a ready made organic fert since i dont know any..

OfflinePsiloman
Male
    #4191134 - 05/18/05 01:42 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

entheoindole said:
Quote:

Psiloman said:

These are very interesting ideas!

I've read about the many wonders of kelp, and a trusted friend {who runs his own nursery} recommended it on a few occasions {not to mention this discussion also}. It seems MaxiCrop would be an idea fert; maybe in combo with fish emulsion or some other organic fert. I think I may add this to my repertoire. I use only organic fert and pest control methods and believe this would be an ideal amendment to a fert regimen.

On a side note: Can anyone recommend a good organic fert {besides MaxiCrop} for fruit trees; orange trees in particular?

Im back with some info on organic ferts...Try this link :http://bloomin-idiot.freeservers.com/organic_recipes.htm

It has a multitude of them!!! Some links dont work but you can get a good idea of nice ferts!

Invisibleytse
MycoEngineering apprentice
 User Gallery

Loc: Yuggoth
    #4386236 - 07/09/05 07:15 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I got convinced and I tried a similar product.
This product was certified for biological cultivation.
I tried it on some ?easy? plants b.z.w. pereskiopsis and Ipomea since they are in abundance!

Both plants had amazing boost.
Pereskiopsis made many new branches and had a much faster growth rate.
Ipomea produced much more flowers ( => seeds) and climbed much faster.

The results were really amazing.
On the other hand , I have the strong feeling that this kind of products if not used properly are going to create a lot of problems to plants that have winter dormancy. The hormones that create dormancy won?t be let to do their job and when winter comes , problems arise!

--------------------
For unrestricted use, the West has permitted alcohol and tobacco;
all other chemical Doors in the Wall are labeled Dope,
and their unauthorized takers are Fiends.

Aldous Huxley (1894-1963)

OfflinePsiloman
Male
Re: Wow! Anyone hear of/using maxicrop? Seems like a Miracle! [Re: ytse]
    #4387070 - 07/09/05 02:52 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

On the other hand , I have the strong feeling that this kind of products if not used properly are going to create a lot of problems to plants that have winter dormancy. The hormones that create dormancy won?t be let to do their job and when winter comes , problems arise!

Quite right there,i think cytokinins break winter dormancy.This can be a blessing and a curse! A blessing for indoor plants,a curse for outdoor plants.If one intents to break winter dormancy then it would be available to have the means to keep his plants alive! Breaking dormancy can also be used to resume the growth period of the plants when spring strikes again!

Offlinefoo
tsonoqua
 User Gallery

#4387620 - 07/09/05 06:21 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Check out this thread on Natural Fertilisers:
http://www.ethnobotany-australia.net/php...be028cdb362f527

--------------------
"I get up, I walk, I fall down. Meanwhile, I keep dancing."

OfflinePsiloman
Male
Re: Wow! Anyone hear of/using maxicrop? Seems like a Miracle! [Re: foo]
    #4387662 - 07/09/05 06:36 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Ah an interesting thread all in all! It fails though to deliver more information,but the dosage and dilution info is good.

If anyone is furtherly interested in experimenting with plants check my posting history on the Ethnobotanical Garden.I have quite some info on phytohormones (coupled with increasing alkaloid theory),on inducing polyploidy in plants and propably restoring fertility of seeds in salvia divinorum and on...the use of aspirin on plants!

Invisiblerod
Ψ
 User Gallery

#4397086 - 07/12/05 06:20 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I use maxicrop, and other organics, bat shit, worms castings, etc,
no chemicals for me, have anyone used a additive called Nitron 35, I use this in the garden, and when I had a grow closet, seems to speed up
budding, heres a link.
http://www.wormsway.com/detail.asp?sku=NI400

OfflinePsiloman
Male
Re: Wow! Anyone hear of/using maxicrop? Seems like a Miracle! [Re: rod]
    #4397131 - 07/12/05 06:30 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Hmmmm i dont know of this product...Looks liek a product that can form celeted forms of minerals when it comes in contact with them so it makes the "available" for plants.Keep in mind that most commercial formulas already have all their ingredients in a form uptakable by plants.

Two organic sources of plant hormones that can speed up growth is your own urine (contains a variety of nice things for the plants, some UREA which provides nitrogen plus IAA -indoloacetic acid- which is an auxin) and coconut milk which contains cytokinins.Urine can be used as root or foliar feed diluted 8fold and for coconut milk an aqueous solition of 15% will do for foliar application.Of course you can mix the two! Remember: Although human urine is a taboo in our society (although we have nothing against blood meal,bat shit or cow shit) it could be a very nice additions in many fertilisation regimes.The only prerequisite is a healthy donor,in other words use your urine only if you are healthy (especially from a virus/bacteria point of diseases) and if you dont take medications whose metabolites may be excreeted. We produce so much of the damn stuff and it goes down the drain...

Any comments on maxicrop? Do you rootfeed or foliar feed?

Invisiblerod
Ψ
 User Gallery

#4401134 - 07/13/05 06:49 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I really only root feed my plants, because when I have foliar feed, it clogs my sprayers up, so I only spray water and maybe some superthrive a little, but on your subject of reusing waste products, I have a pet rabbit, so I collect his pellets and put in a bucket of water and try to
reuse them, I figure why throw money away, I dont really know what the analysis of rabbit pellets are, but my plants and cactus seem to like it.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates