Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMobius_Strip
Distant Relative
 User Gallery

Loc: Spangladesh
Questions: Pan Vietnamese
    #4167228 - 05/12/05 04:09 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I looked again this time making sure I selected all forums. The only reference I found to them was the recent pictures of ralphsters pans, he briefly mentions the vietnamese.

Anyway, I just sent off an order for a Pan Vietnamese print and a Ban Hua Thanon print. Can anyone tell me anything about the Pan Vietnamese?

Grow the same as Cyans?
Potentcy same as Cyans?

--------------------
The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - even encourage the more critical and dissident views. That gives people the sense that there's free thinking going on, while all the time the presuppositions of the system are being reinforced by the limits put on the range of the debate
-Noam Chomsky

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Questions: Pan Vietnamese [Re: Mobius_Strip]
    #4167266 - 05/12/05 04:16 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Actually, the full name is Panaeolus Cyanescens Vietnamese. Vietnamese is just a strain of Pan Cyans and the growth parameters should be about the same. Potency I hear varies more between Pans then cubies, so I'm not sure of the potency, but start with .5-1 gram. My grow log for austrailians:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/4109909/an/0/page/0

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineMobius_Strip
Distant Relative
 User Gallery

Re: Questions: Pan Vietnamese [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4167286 - 05/12/05 04:20 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks, that's helpful. I havn't been finding much info on them. Nice Ausies BTW!

--------------------
The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - even encourage the more critical and dissident views. That gives people the sense that there's free thinking going on, while all the time the presuppositions of the system are being reinforced by the limits put on the range of the debate
-Noam Chomsky

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #4167316 - 05/12/05 04:24 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Its hard to find...look for posts by EonTan and Olgulian (spelling?) and look in the archieve section. Keep your eyes peeled though and you can find some info on them.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

InvisibleShnezbit
Psycho-naught
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Threshold.
    #4167360 - 05/12/05 04:35 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

what is the trip like on these. lets say 2 grams of cubes to 1 gram of pan cyans, is the feeling/trip the same or is there a real difference....like how acid differs from shrooms. or is it very much the same if u compare them taking into account the potency difference in weight?

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Questions: Pan Vietnamese [Re: Shnezbit]
    #4167392 - 05/12/05 04:46 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

>like how acid differs from shrooms

Very, very much like this. I've had Tampanensis and Pan Cyan mushrooms. Both were about the same potency, and a similar type trip. Its hard to explain the difference really, but its not like cubies...much more enjoyable and acid like, still different from that too though. Very hard come up, and hits you very hard...goes away quickly after the peak leaving you very clear headed though, while everything still dances for your eyes. I've take .1 (yes 1/10th) of a gram, 1 gram and 1.5 grams...next will be 2 grams then 2.5 grams. I do not believe I will ever go over 3 grams of these though, I do not believe I really want to. Even if I do decide on 3..that will be some shit I think. 1/10th was enough for minor threashold effects and lots of energy. I ate it at 3:25 in the morning, and was up till 8, before things stopped moving enough for me to be able to sleep. I made a really big batch of poo though at 4 in the morning, kept me energized :smile: The 1 and 1.5 gram trips were very intense...

--------------------

OfflineMobius_Strip
Distant Relative
 User Gallery

#4167401 - 05/12/05 04:48 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I did a search on the mushroom cultivation archive for EonTan and found very little info.

So, are the Vietnamese the same as coplandias in terms of experience but different (lower) in terms of potentcy (compared to copes)?

I'm new to pans, that's why I ordered the Vietnamese from ralphsters. I've heard the experience is a bit different yet mostly the same. I'm a little dissapointed that the Vietnamese are in-between in potency so hopefully there is an experiential differential. I THINK the major difference is potency but from what I understand there are some chemical differences as well. Although I'm going off of a brief memory of something I read on the internet somewhere, LOL...I could be way off. I don't know really, I'd like to know this myself.

--------------------
-Noam Chomsky

Edited by Mobius_Strip (05/12/05 04:52 PM)

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #4167426 - 05/12/05 04:54 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

>So, are the Vietnamese the same as coplandias in terms of experience but different (lower) in terms of potentcy?

Maybe I confused you along the way? I didnt say Viets are inbetween anything, or any less potent then any other cope or pan cyan...the Viets your talking about ARE copes (also known as Pan Cyans) and so potency should be as I describes...about 2x+ of cubies...but still slightly different

--------------------

OfflineMobius_Strip
Distant Relative
 User Gallery

#4167466 - 05/12/05 05:03 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Ohhhhhh, I get it, sorry for the confusion. I read:

"Potency I hear varies more between Pans then cubies, so I'm not sure of the potency, but start with .5-1 gram."

as meaning that vietnamese were in between cubes and other pans, lol. Cool, so they should be in the same realm as the rest depending on the usual miriad of factors. Thanks for the clarification scatman.

I'll just follow the usual teks for Pan Cyans and see how I fare. Although, If anyone has had experience with this strain I'd be interested in knowing if there are any twists in the Pan Vietnamese equation.

--------------------
-Noam Chomsky

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #4167490 - 05/12/05 05:11 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Workman also recently grew that strain of Pans. When you find a post by any of those three people (check the grow log section for Olgulians name too, hes got a few posts over there right now with exotics) clikc their name to get their profile. Then at the bottom you can "Show all users posts" and sift through them. EonTan and Workman have probably worked with the most Pan stains.

What I meant by that comment BTW, is that most cubie strains are about the same potency to eachother, with only slight variances...but I hear that Pan Cyan strains can vary alot more, anywhere from 2-3+ times as potent as a cubie...so if you take a gram of Pan Cyans that might be the same as 2 grams of cubies, and another pan cyan strain might be the same as 3 or more grams of the same cubies. Theres a degre of variation between strains of any species..I just hear the variation is more from one Pan Cyan strain to another then in the cubensis strains, from one cubie to another.

--------------------

OfflineMobius_Strip
Distant Relative
 User Gallery

#4167564 - 05/12/05 05:27 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

EonTan
Workman
Olgulian

I'll be sure to sift through thier posts. Thanks a shitload.

--------------------
-Noam Chomsky

InvisibleShnezbit
Psycho-naught
Male User Gallery

#4167629 - 05/12/05 05:47 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

wow! after hearing scat describe the effects of cyans im so envious. i hope some day i get to grow them. why do u grow anything else? they sound incredible. man what an endless seeming hobby of experimentation and investigation.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #4167906 - 05/12/05 07:02 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Yeild is reduced alot and its harder to get them to fruit to begin with. Its taken dozens of dozen of jars, to get a few to make it..and once I have good spawn and it went to poo...things were fine. I actually had VERY good yeilds, compared to alot of people too. I have 2 of 5 casings that stalled too..theyve only been fruiting like 10 days but the other 3 pinned much quicker..they still look healthy though My thread made them look easy, but there was much more going on in the background though. I've went through alot of work to get the 40 grams I got (so far total). Alot more went into Tamps to get the 7 grams I got from them...

I will say though...that was all from about 5cc's of spores. I think I have 2 cultures that are clean too...need to test them still..and one is 600ml...so it is worth a syringe to play with, even through all the failures! Most resulted from grain to grain transfers...others from jars not being sterilized long enough. Thats all though..

--------------------

Edited by scatmanrav (05/12/05 07:14 PM)

InvisibleShnezbit
Psycho-naught
Male User Gallery

#4168175 - 05/12/05 08:00 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

just hearing about it makes my mouth water.
too bad mother nature makes the best more difficult.
then again at least we got cubes which are simple enough to do.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom