Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

How likely is it to get "bad acid"?
    #4166911 - 05/12/05 02:55 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I keep reading all these threads about people taking blotters and then crazy shit happens to them that shouldn't be LSD. I'm taking a guess here based on context, but I'm assuming a 'research chemical' is just some other chemical thats harmful that can give similar effects to tripping, except they are dangerous. Is this right?
How likely is it to get any one of these chemicals or other dangerous ones.. I have an opportunity to get acid, and I have never tripped before, so I wouldn't know what to compare it to.. I dont want to get a blotter with some of this other shit on it and it makes me sick or physically harmed in any way.
I know its impossible to say, but I'm asking i guess.. whats the worst that could happen, and what are the odds of getting these problems? is it worth worrying about?

--------------------
"The worst mistake that you can make is to think you're alive when really you're asleep in life's waiting room."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

Re: How likely is it to get "bad acid"? [Re: Limelight]
    #4166920 - 05/12/05 02:59 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

sorry, correction - i have never tripped on acid. I did on shrooms though

--------------------
"The worst mistake that you can make is to think you're alive when really you're asleep in life's waiting room."

OfflineSilent_Echo
~~Psychonaut~~

Loc: Inside My Head
    #4166935 - 05/12/05 03:03 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

really what your asking is for us to "assume" that what your getting is bad, and if it is, what would it be and what would it do to you? that is impossible to say...but basically a blotter can't hold that much of anything and USED to that if you seen it it was either bunk or good, but now there are all these research chems out there (which i can't get ahold of for some reason!!) mainly 5-meo-amt is the one that most people try to pass off as acid because its basically the same effects for about the same time...but it VERY touchy when weighing it out because a tiny little bit extra can hospitilize you or even kill you..so your best bet is, get it for someone you know (preferably someone you dont really like) and tell them it MIGHT be fake and if they want to try it, let em...dont tell em its real..but if they want to brave it...see how it goes, and if it works try it yourself...thats about all i can say towards that subject...does anyeone know any key differences in the trip from 5-me0-amt and LSD? like to tell the difference? anyways try someone who is alittle more experienced than I, because i have never really found acid...so i couldn't tell you, just know from word of mouth...

peace,
Alex

--------------------
Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves.
-Bill Hicks (R.I.P)

OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

Re: How likely is it to get "bad acid"? [Re: Silent_Echo]
    #4166943 - 05/12/05 03:05 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

ah hell. .thats what i was worried about. fuck that

--------------------

Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

Loc: new england
    #4166960 - 05/12/05 03:10 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

i think if you're getting blotters the chance of getting a research chemical is fairly low. only a small amount of any substance can fit on a single blotter, and i would think that most RCs need much higher doses than can fit on a blotter paper to be active. i'm not 100% sure though and i'm sure someone who knows more than me will respond.

just saw silent echoes post, i dont think 5-meo-amt is dangerous unless taken in high doses, and blotters cannot hold very high doses. but as i said, wait for more responses before you decide either way.

--------------------

Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien

Edited by nightkrawler (05/12/05 03:25 PM)

OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery
Re: How likely is it to get "bad acid"? [Re: nightkrawler]
    #4168232 - 05/12/05 08:15 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

The way I look at it is the only thing people can pass off as acid are hallucinogenic research chemicals that I'd probably like to try anyways. For me the main concern is that it would be completely inactive, and that's vastly more common. I wouldn't sweat it but you're entitled to your opinion of course, most of the people who talk about "bad acid" are the same people who talk about how mushrooms are bad and how all hallucinogens make your brain bleed. They just had a bad experience for whatever reason (these people almost never follow set and setting rules) and it scared them so much they decided the acid must be bad.

--------------------
]

OfflineMeThoD
MeThoD

Re: How likely is it to get "bad acid"? [Re: Wysefool]
    #4173193 - 05/13/05 11:47 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Chances are your not going to have a research chemical in your blotter. It'll either be acid, or no acid... or very little acid. There wouldn't be a way really to OD on a research chemical on blotter, as most other drugs need more to get you going compared to acid, and blotter paper doesn't fit that much drug.

--------------------
Every empty bowl must be filled, and a full bowl must always be emptied.

Offlineajna
Hunter
Male

Loc: Qld, AUS
Re: How likely is it to get "bad acid"? [Re: MeThoD]
    #4173219 - 05/14/05 12:03 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

is there such thing as 'bad acid' though? i ask because it seems that one particular sheet (homer simpsons) has caused my friends and i to have less enjoyable experiences, seeming to play with schitzophrenic aspects more too. whereas other sheets we have tried since have been fine. is it completely psychological or are there 'strains' of acid which may encourage the less enjoyable aspects?

--------------------

what i'm listening to: http://www.audioscrobbler.com/user/ajnachakra/

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: How likely is it to get "bad acid"? [Re: ajna]
    #4173383 - 05/14/05 01:08 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

LSD is LSD, there are no strains of acid. It's probably all mental.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflineRosalindKrauss
Stranger
Re: How likely is it to get "bad acid"? [Re: Ravus]
    #4173464 - 05/14/05 02:07 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

There's a post somewhere in these forums describing a hierarchy of acid grades. They range from 'pinprick,' the tippy-tops of crystals to 'tomato juice,' a brownish slurry. Now, L.S.D.-25 has probably always been the same, but I am personally convinced that various impurities could have effect. There are left and right-handed molecules, for example, that are difficult to distinguish even with chromatography. My own experiences have ranged from heavy, body-based trips, to purely visual trips that felt so literally superficial that I went to sleep. And falling under neither of those categories were the spring 1998 Iowa City gels. Sure, set 'n' setting, yadda yadda, for certain, everything was right, but I know FOR DAMNED CERTAIN that not every bit of blotter could dilate every cell in your body like that...

In one respect I agree with you, it's probably not worth worrying about the supposed bad acid. I, personally, have only had disappointing acid. But I do think it is worth hoping for the GREAT acid that I know has circulated.

Cheers,

Roz Krauss

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

Loc: Overlook
Re: How likely is it to get "bad acid"? [Re: RosalindKrauss]
    #4173644 - 05/14/05 04:08 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Thats Needlepoint (not pinprick) and Tornado Juice (not Tomato Juice)

--------------------

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: How likely is it to get "bad acid"? [Re: RosalindKrauss]
    #4174013 - 05/14/05 09:23 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Going by Dr. Shulgin, he said that the majority, if not all, of LSD-like contaminants in normal blotter acid were inactive. He didn't go to thumbprint doses using them I imagine, but I believe that according to ChinaCat's experiments, some LSD-like chemicals may be active in outrageously high doses and change the experience, like champagne acid, versus mostly pure LSD, like needlepoint and fluff.

My theory would be that if you took a blotter containing straight LSD, and a blotter containing unpure acid with the same amount of LSD but also other contaminants added, you'll have the same trip. But if you take a thumbprint dose of straight LSD versus an unpure batch, the results will be readily noticed. It'd need to be tested, but according to the information gathered from Dr. Shulgin versus the experiences and observations noted by ChinaCat, this does seem to be the case.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

Re: How likely is it to get "bad acid"? [Re: Ravus]
    #4174064 - 05/14/05 09:51 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I would agree that you're right in some 90%+ of cases. I wouldn't say no one could distinguish contaminant from normal LSD dosages. Individual body chemistry and personal experience would play a huge role. Some people are super sensitive to LSD, tryptamines in general, and therefore its my theory that they are or can be just as sensitive to the contaminants.

--------------------

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
Re: How likely is it to get "bad acid"? [Re: Organic]
    #4175492 - 05/14/05 04:56 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

there are two versions of LSD; LSD25 and LSD21. The 25 is the good stuff that hoffman first discovered the effects of, and 21 is supposed to have similar effects but a bit different in character, more choppy and unpleasant SO I'VE HEARD. There are also all kinds of Lysergic acid analouges that have similar effects and potency, some being slightly more potent than LSD25.

Shulgin says some very interesting stuff about the subject in TiKHAL. The people who were arrested for selling "Orange Sunshine" acid during the summer of love said in their defense that they were not selling LSD but an analouge that was not scheduled. But since you have to make LSD to make the analouge they were convicted anyways.

Plus you have to take into consideration that toxic solvents are used to put the LSD into blotter papers, and that you don't know if it was all done properly.

If you are worried about getting something other than what you paid for, then just don't eat acid and stick to shrooms. They are very friendly and do pretty much the same thing as acid...

OfflineVeter
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: How likely is it to get "bad acid"? [Re: dr0mni]
    #4176378 - 05/14/05 09:35 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

research chemicals are not that much of a thing to be afraid of. They certainly arent something to screw around with(and by that, i mean recklessly...I've tried a few)...but acid is the most potent drug ever created...thus, no other drug has the same effects under the same dosage as acid.
It is extremely unlikely to get 'bad acid' that would kill you. A good way to check, though, would be to eat half, and if it has any taste at all[that isnt papery]...you know its not lsd. And if its tasteless, you either got a blank sheet of paper or LSD.

You can be pretty secure with eating acid. The chance of getting anything thats potent enough to harm you on a piece of paper is very unlikely.

--------------------
Let the Demons have their place, if so, it's angels you'll create.

Edited by Veter (05/14/05 09:40 PM)

Offlineunearth
Stranger
Re: How likely is it to get "bad acid"? [Re: Veter]
    #4177471 - 05/15/05 08:47 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

to those who no what acid tastes like what does it taste like,then you could eat half then if it tastes like acid,then eat the other half of the sheet

OfflineAbermelin
Gnome Hat

Loc: In The Mycelial Network
Re: How likely is it to get "bad acid"? [Re: unearth]
    #4177596 - 05/15/05 09:46 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

well, one way to start is to make sure that the blotter tabs you got have a signature image on em, that means that they were professionaly done and not by some amateur chemist. then you could try the blacklight test, though i believe your supposed to have a whole sheet for that.

hell, i have yet to take a blotter of acid that i deem as "good".

OfflineAbermelin
Gnome Hat

Loc: In The Mycelial Network
Re: How likely is it to get "bad acid"? [Re: Abermelin]
    #4177611 - 05/15/05 09:51 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

of the acid i took, it tastes like nothing, but it does make the spot on your touch that it tongue a little tingly and numb.

Edited by Abermelin (05/15/05 09:52 AM)

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

Re: How likely is it to get "bad acid"? [Re: Abermelin]
    #4177658 - 05/15/05 10:02 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Chemists generally don't lay the blotter. You can't rely on a known print either, people can easily fake good prints that are in circulation. Also, plain white hits are very common right now.

The blacklight test doesn't work that well unless you have an amount of crystal LSD, one generally cannot tell based on blotter response to blacklight. If your hits are white, they will glow by default, no?

I can agree with the feeling you get from L on your tongue. I describe it as "metallic energy"

--------------------

Offlineunearth
Stranger
Re: How likely is it to get "bad acid"? [Re: Organic]
    #4177725 - 05/15/05 10:18 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

just do what i do,only buy stuff off people you know pretty well and can easily trust.that way you can be sure of things

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom