Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineInjectTruth
Wasting my Time,Waiting for theEnd
Male

Loc: New Jerusalem
Pre Sterilized product issues.
    #4152738 - 05/09/05 08:29 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Recently, I placed an order with spores101. I received my syringe quickly, however, something else bothered me.

The syringe was capped, and a needle was in its original package. Does anyone else see the problem here? Unless you have a flowhood, when you attach the syringe to the needle, it is no longer sterile. If you have a flowhood, you can make your own sterile syringes. So, what exactly did I pay for?

As far as it being through my error, read the following. I ordered a syringe and some mycobags. They were left in the box until used. The room was sprayed with an alcohol solution, all drafts were closed, instruments sterilized and organized, and all sterile procedure followed to the T.

Now my mycobags are showing signs of contamination. Whats the deal?

See my other post "Mycobag issue - Anyone else?"

--------------------
On a personal level, Freaking Out is a process whereby an
individual casts off outmoded and restricting standars of
thinking, dress, and social etiquette in order to express
CREATIVELY his relationship to his immediate environment and
the social structure as a whole.

http://www.OrganicPharming.com - Ethno Shopping Portal

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTien
人民英雄
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia Flag
Re: Pre Sterilized product issues. [Re: InjectTruth]
    #4152774 - 05/09/05 08:48 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

The syringe was capped, and a needle was in its original package. Does anyone else see the problem here? Unless you have a flowhood, when you attach the syringe to the needle, it is no longer sterile. If you have a flowhood, you can make your own sterile syringes. So, what exactly did I pay for?

You paid exactly what you asked for, a quality syringe from just one of quality Shroomery sponsors.

I've ordered from Spores101 before and got my syringe the same way you did. I did not contam it when I twisted on the needle, and no I don't have a flow hood. I think you are worried about contams a little too much.

Quote:

They were left in the box until used. The room was sprayed with an alcohol solution, all drafts were closed, instruments sterilized and organized, and all sterile procedure followed to the T.

If the bags showed no signs of contams when they were sitting in that box, and all of a sudden got contammed after you knocked em up...then there is only one explanation for that, you messed up with your sterility precedure.

Pluto

OfflineInjectTruth
Male

Re: Pre Sterilized product issues. [Re: Tien]
    #4153779 - 05/09/05 03:04 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

But that is out of context. And my sterile procedure works fine, unless Im dealing with said products. As I stated, I've been making my own jars and syringes for years, losing one jar here and there. Other jars inoculated at the same time with the same syringe worked fine. I inoced 30 bags, and only 5 worked, then 4 more months later. That is quite a deviation from my usual.

How do you explain the bags sitting dormant for months and then out of nowhere germinating? The temperature in the room is constantly maintained at 75-80F.

And maybe you didnt get contams, but that doesnt mean it was "sterile". Maybe you have time and money to pay for something that "might" work, but I dont.

--------------------

Edited by InjectTruth (05/09/05 03:13 PM)

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
    #4156946 - 05/10/05 10:21 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

If/when you recieve a capped spore syringe & capped (sheathed) needle in a sterile package. In a clean enviro, you simply open the needle wrapper, with an alc swab in one hand, cover the luer lock end with it, remove the cap on the syringe & alc swab the syringe tip, then deftly screw the needle into the syringe, then swab the needle & cover it with the sheath. That minimizes open air contact.

--------------------

Offlinepshawny
Mycobian
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Shroomery
Re: Pre Sterilized product issues. [Re: agar]
    #4157078 - 05/10/05 11:00 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Most vendors have the needle and the spore syringe seperate. It pry saves a little time when making hundreds of syringes. I would think they would be less susceptible to leakage while shipping with the cap on rather than the needle, plus the sheath can come off sometimes during shipping.

--------------------

InvisibleTien
人民英雄
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Pre Sterilized product issues. [Re: pshawny]
    #4157405 - 05/10/05 12:21 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

And maybe you didnt get contams, but that doesnt mean it was "sterile".

huh?

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: Pre Sterilized product issues. [Re: Tien]
    #4160606 - 05/11/05 02:12 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Agar Said it Best.

This thread should be locked now :wink:

-Gnostic

And Btw Spores101 sells great products, Alcohol and cotton swabs are rather inexpernsive and can solve you're issue with Contamination. :thumbup:

Good luck on the future grows  :thumbup:

OfflineInjectTruth
Male

Re: Pre Sterilized product issues. [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #4160918 - 05/11/05 07:39 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Your right, Agar did say it best.
Quote:

That minimizes open air contact.

I could have "minimized" open air contact myself. but I wanted something sterile, so I paid money. Get it?

If Spores101 didnt use a flowhood, would it still be sterile to you guys? What if they "minimized" the open air contact? Would you still want to buy a $15 syringe? What if Tenn Stud, pasteurized your compost, and than put it into a box, instead of a bag, to "minimize" air exposure? Would that be "getting what you paid for"? If someone sold you a car that "might" work, is that a good deal?

If a person is buying something that is readily available for FREE, there must be a reason. In this case, preparation. Part of the preparation is putting the needle on. Still dont get it?

I used alcohol swabs. I didnt even get a contam yet. Im just saying. Why do you guys LIKE taking that chance? No matter how careful you are, when you pull that cap off the syringe, SOME AIR GETS IN. unless you have a flowhood, that air has contams in it. Thats all im saying.

If I wanted to bumble around with 2 swabs, and hold my breath all the time, I would make my own. I dont understand why you dont get that.

I like to be to the T. If you guys like cutting corners thats you, but I wish I would have checked the FAQ before, so I could have ordered from a different vendor. I've never received a syringe like that before, and hope to not get one like that in the future.

IN SUMMATION, I came here to make a statement and to see what people thought. A lot of people came in here with this holier-than-thou, your-sterile-method-sucks attitude. I dont know why you guys are so defensive before people even say anything bad but jeez. I just think you should get what you pay for.

edited to say - some results from my own syringes and methods.

--------------------

Edited by InjectTruth (05/11/05 07:49 AM)

OfflineSporecloud
fanatic

#4162810 - 05/11/05 04:54 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Ralph always sends syringes like that I I have yet to see contams Also the syringe is less likely to break if thre box just happens to get squashed during shipping this does happen from time to time It happend to me a few weeks ago and two syringes were broken right where the needle attaches The little shop replaced them for me however so all is well Thanks to nightrain

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
    #4163571 - 05/11/05 07:43 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

You state "I like to be to the T."

That being the case, prior to ordering a spore syringe, should you not inquire to the vendor ----------------------> Is the needle attached to the syringe & sheathed?

If you prefer it - that way & that vendors is not. Check with other vendors, for one that is.

I don't have an attitude about sterility. To each his own.

Moreover, everyone in the community should be THANKFULL, spore vendors exist. If they did not, this place would be a lot smaller than it is & far fewer would be able to even attempt mush/cult.

--------------------

InvisibleTien
人民英雄
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4163594 - 05/11/05 07:50 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Moreover, everyone in the community should be THANKFULL, spore vendors exist. If they did not, this place would be a lot smaller than it is & far fewer would be able to even attempt mush/cult.
Quote:

on the dot.

OfflineInjectTruth
Male

#4165588 - 05/12/05 07:59 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

agar said:
You state "I like to be to the T."

That being the case, prior to ordering a spore syringe, should you not inquire to the vendor ----------------------> Is the needle attached to the syringe & sheathed?

I always used to patronize TLG when they were a sponsor, so I didnt know I had to check to see if the syringe was fully assembled or not.

It just seems like it adds a completely unneccessary vector for contamination with no added benefits. You cant really contest that.

Quote:

agar said:Moreover, everyone in the community should be THANKFULL, spore vendors exist. If they did not, this place would be a lot smaller than it is & far fewer would be able to even attempt mush/cult.

Thats completely beside the point, but you are right. However, you are forgetting that there would be no vendors without CUSTOMERS.

Im done with this, because everyone is too defensive to understand what Im saying.

--------------------

Invisiblekake
The answer to1984 is 1776.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The 66th harmonic
    #4169974 - 05/13/05 08:24 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I understand what you're saying, but its quite of out context in my opinion. The spore vendor gave you sterilized product, exactly what you paid for. You had to do ONE extra step, amongst about 30 more that also require sterile conditions. If you can't handle that, then you're not suited to be growing (which I think you already are, so whats all the fuss about?) This just seems silly to me. Not getting the product packaged exactly as you expected is one thing, but that doesn't mean you were wronged in any way.

--------------------
The answer to 1984 is 1776.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Injection Grain Bag