Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineAsanteA
light your candle on my love
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right Here - Right Now
What tripping is all about!
    #4165312 - 05/12/05 06:42 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

This thread is a platform where you can tell us what you believe tripping is all about.

Is it all about fun? Is it a Journey Within of just a Fear-and-Loathing kaleidoscope of flying colors? What is your truth?

So tell us What Tripping Is All About!

--------------------
CLICK ONE -->  :redpill:  :bluepill:  <-- GO PLACES
SEARCH ENGINE  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI
PSYCHOSIS, SYNCHRONICITIES, SHAMANISM & THE SUPERNATURAL WA&F

From the Outcasts to the Incrowd, from the Clueless to the Helpful, it takes the whole Shroomery to help a n00b

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineemptywisdom
simple being oflight
 User Gallery

Loc: Lemuria
Re: What tripping is all about! [Re: Asante]
    #4165319 - 05/12/05 06:55 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Tripping is all about existence

it's all about Love

Tripping is. the end.

to begin again, tripping is all about finding out what you yourself is all about. It's all about perceiving the one as is.

Tripping is beauty manifest as object of perception.

Tripping is......indescribable

I will continue to try, though.

Tripping is all about finding out you are god and made this whole game for the mass of existence yet can't care enough about the whole thing to make a change. Perfection is manifest as required by desire of what it is. (hope that makes sense for someone.)

Everything is perfect. Even in the state of the world today, everything is perfect and exactly as it should be. Tripping is all about this realization.

Tripping is all about kicks. all about fun.

It's the visuals. It's the realizations. It's the experience. It's the moment.

Tripping, in everything we all love about it, it the absolute manifest in form. It is god in experience.

Tripping is being.

I was so afraid of this thread until I opened it, and now I imagine it can be great. Thank you.

:heart:

--------------------

OfflineAsanteA
Male User Gallery

#4165330 - 05/12/05 07:09 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Tripping, for me, is all about the Inner Journey. For a few blessed hours you can travel trough your mind on mushroom wings and take a good look at yourself and your world with Lysergic eyes.

Now we all know that elesdious adventures can be great fun, or can give unique mental anguish. So it can't be about fun, if fun is such a fragile part of the psychedelic experience, so easily shattered by its powerful mental effects.

Like somebody said on another thread: "On a mushroom trip the TV goes out the window". TV is about distraction. Ninety-nine percent of present-day society is all about distraction.

Psychedelics are about lifting the veil of distraction and allowing you, in a tempest of dayglo colors and sensations, glimpses of your true self that sits motionless amidst the Storm of Mind.

Royally laughing your ass off is part of it too. If fun wouldn't be a good thing, it wouldn't feel like "fun". But having fun is but a side effect of a succesful journey. In a good session you can have your conversation with God interrupted by a beastly fart of one of your tripmates and no hard feelings would arise.

Tripping is not solely about self-denying ascesis, nor solely about the indulgence of hedonism. It shouldn't be totally solemn nor totally frivolous. Tripping, in my view, should walk the Middle Road of everything, where you with an open mind explore everything equally without prejudice.

There are no forbidden thoughts. There are no boundaries to the inner realm. There is "Know Thyself" and "To Thine Own Self Be True" to guide you, explore that, the rest is just done with smoke and mirrors.

In the year 2500 air may not be exactly air. Humans may not be exactly humans. Happiness may not exactly be happiness.
But Mushroom Psilocybin will still be Mushroom Psilocybin, just like it was in the year 2.500.000 BC at the Dawn of Man.

In my view tripping is all about the Inner Journey. Let go of Adidas and Dragonball Z and Gigabyte and Telephone and CD and social conventions.. Get back to the essence, back to the Dawn of Man, back to the Womb when all was yet to be created.

And look for inspiration there, drinking at the spring of inspiration. And if a Demon will wrap you in barbed wire and kicks the living shit out of you, or you feel Life is slipping from your body, then let that happen too. If you fly on elesdious wings you may fall like Icarus but having faith in the process is key, because it is a movement of your innermost mind, that is an inalienable part of the fabric of the infinite universe. Tripping is an intensification of the Journey of Life.

Tripping is a Real Thing.
Tripping is Pure.

--------------------

From the Outcasts to the Incrowd, from the Clueless to the Helpful, it takes the whole Shroomery to help a n00b

Edited by Asante (05/12/05 07:22 AM)

OfflineAsanteA
Male User Gallery

Re: What tripping is all about! [Re: emptywisdom]
    #4165335 - 05/12/05 07:21 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

EMPTYWISDOM said:
Tripping is being.

Quote:

WICCAN_SEEKER said:
Tripping is an intensification of the Journey of Life.

I hear you brother E_W ! Preach on mah man!
It's great we independently wrote almost matching posts.
I can see why the title put you off, but its an open invitation for all to share their personal truth, because what higher truths we have than those we believe in?
Let's all respect each other  :heart:

--------------------

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
    #4165337 - 05/12/05 07:23 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I think it is, on some level, a catalyst for strengthening the relationship between the body and mind (soul, if you will).

It enables you to experience what you might not ordinarily experience: making you clinically insane for a few hours, but all the while allowing you to learn from the experience.

Some substances allow for peaceful and distanced introspection, while others propel you into a world so great, so mind blowing, that it is unfathomable by ordinary, sober consciousness. It helps you question what is and isn't, and attune you with forces that aren't always apparent.

It can be fun, scary, existential, or just boring, but regardless, if used properly, the experience you stand to gain is immense.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

OfflineNirvana7
stupid doodiehead, class 7
Male

Re: What tripping is all about! [Re: dblaney]
    #4165484 - 05/12/05 09:13 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

ive never tripped before (that will soon change, yay!) but i think i can still offer some insight on the subject. when i think about my first trip i think about the awesomeness of the fact that i will be seeing, hearing, feeling, thinking, and experiencing somthing that normally i cannot. i think about how fucking cool its gonna be to be able to control whats going on. i think about how, if i want to, i can soar above the clouds, or walk amongst the tribes of our past, or swim to the depth of the ocean. i can do what i want. i think that overall i just cant wait to have a great time.

--------------------
________zombie_________

??????? ??  :bubs:??????????:tombstone:

Nirvana7=the enlightenment AND the band

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: What tripping is all about! [Re: Nirvana7]
    #4165832 - 05/12/05 11:34 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

It is never what you think it will be.
It shows you what you truly are.
It is a key to remembering for me.
For rememering what we all really are. We wouldn't strand ourselves in this world of constant flux, would we? I think not.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

OfflinePhotoguy
Drunk andJobless

Loc: Drunk in Texas
Re: What tripping is all about! [Re: mecreateme]
    #4167026 - 05/12/05 05:32 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Tripping opens up doors. It shows me passages that are hidden from the regular world. It takes me on voyages. It lets me see the details that are there, but hidden.

It allows me to pursue my passions. It allows me to travel.

It gives me what it wants me to have.

I grow not to make money, not to be popular, but because the beauty of nature is in these mushrooms. No other drug is as perfect as mushrooms.

--------------------
You gotta check yo' self before you wreck yo' self

B, Z, F, Burma, Cambodian, Golden Teacher, Puerto Rico, South American, Costa Rica, African

My name is Ender Wiggen and I will own you soon. Bean is my second in command, he is PC'ing jars right now.

OfflineTrainwreck
No. Really.

Loc: Southern California
    #4167081 - 05/12/05 05:42 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Tripping is.

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

Re: What tripping is all about! [Re: Trainwreck]
    #4167162 - 05/12/05 05:58 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Tripping is about life on earth.

You have to truly understand the word *life* means. The mushroom will show you how.

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

Invisiblemarvoman
Re: What tripping is all about! [Re: Ginseng1]
    #4167822 - 05/12/05 08:46 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Tripping is about opening the parts of your brain/mind that aren't normally available and experiencing the amazing power the human brain contains!

OfflineKalix
'Head

Re: What tripping is all about! [Re: marvoman]
    #4167868 - 05/12/05 08:57 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Tripping is about letting go of the ego, pride, and control. Tripping is about the impermanence of human existence. Tripping is about how consensual physical reality is just a dream. Tripping is about living your own dream, and floating above the colletive dream. Tripping is about applying positive spirituality to the consensual reality. Tripping is about the indescribable, the ecstatic, the agony, the collective, love....

--------------------

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: The Shotgun of Sweet Reason

OfflineHahzist
Surfing theWaves of Chaos

Re: What tripping is all about! [Re: Kalix]
    #4168023 - 05/12/05 09:22 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Tripping is an enigma. Obviously there are certain things that are consistent everytime.. increased emotions, feelings of love, fear, confusion.. But the point of it is unknown. Are we spiritual beings who can channel into our souls using psychadelics? Or are we biological machines messing with our brain chemistry to produce strange effects and bizzare chemically induced meanings of whats going on? Is it about having fun and acting like a fool, or is it about reaching for something inside u cant get to sober? There is too much that we cant know about what tripping is ALL about.. so I say tripping is just about having fun and enjoying them in whatever way you want.

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
Re: What tripping is all about! [Re: emptywisdom]
    #4168027 - 05/12/05 09:22 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

emptywisdom said:
Tripping is all about existence

it's all about Love

Tripping is. the end.

to begin again, tripping is all about finding out what you yourself is all about. It's all about perceiving the one as is.

Tripping is beauty manifest as object of perception.

Tripping is......indescribable

I will continue to try, though.

Tripping is all about finding out you are god and made this whole game for the mass of existence yet can't care enough about the whole thing to make a change. Perfection is manifest as required by desire of what it is. (hope that makes sense for someone.)

Everything is perfect. Even in the state of the world today, everything is perfect and exactly as it should be. Tripping is all about this realization.

Tripping is all about kicks. all about fun.

It's the visuals. It's the realizations. It's the experience. It's the moment.

Tripping, in everything we all love about it, it the absolute manifest in form. It is god in experience.

Tripping is being.

I was so afraid of this thread until I opened it, and now I imagine it can be great. Thank you.

:heart:

I second that...  :heart: No, seriously. That's pretty much the nail on the head.

Furthermore:

For me, tripping is a reminder of my ability to turn my brain off.

You see, the mushroom makes me anxious on the come up. This combined with the mushroom's tendency to make one's brain race results in the reaching of an eventual "breaking point."

This point is the point where I cannot handle the intensity of my own brain's racing anymore, and I release my attachment to the mind.

This is letting go. This is entering ego loss.

What followed was... well... indescribable.

When I return from this state, my body feels like there's a torrent of energy rushing through all parts of it at once. I realize my perceived self as but a conduit between the pitcher and the mug.

And there was a lot of pouring going on. And it felt incredible. Indescribable. Like Ecstacy, except waaaay way better. Because this isn't just riding the high end of the duality grid... It's releasing the perception that believed in a dualistic system at all.

Lester Burnham, or Kevin Spacey, from American Beauty sums it up nicely with this quote:

I guess I could be pretty pissed
off about what happened to me...
but it's hard to stay mad, when
there's so much beauty in the
world. Sometimes I feel like I'm
seeing it all at once, and it's too
much, my heart fills up like a
balloon that's about to burst...

And then I remember to relax, and
stop trying to hold on to it, and
then it flows through me like rain
and I can't feel anything but
gratitude for every single moment
of my stupid little life.

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

Re: What tripping is all about! [Re: Kalix]
    #4168162 - 05/12/05 09:57 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Kalix said:
Tripping is about how consensual physical reality is just a dream. Tripping is about living your own dream, and floating above the colletive dream.

:mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2:

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

OfflineTMonk
PsychadelicStudent
 User Gallery

Loc: Humboldt State University
Re: What tripping is all about! [Re: Ginseng1]
    #4168299 - 05/12/05 10:31 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Three L's:
Living, Learning, and Loving
:sun: :mushroom2: :heart:

--------------------
"Let me tell some one about this dream:
The sky was filled with stars,
while the sun,
kissed the mountains blue.
And eleven moons
ran across the rainbows
above me and you..."
-One Rainy Wish

Invisiblekake
The answer to1984 is 1776.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The 66th harmonic
Re: What tripping is all about! [Re: TMonk]
    #4168413 - 05/12/05 11:01 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

You guys have pretty much summed it up in the first two posts, and anything left out has been summed up in the following posts. What a great thread! I think attempting to understand what tripping is all about is marvelous, but having a communal understanding and discussion of these things brings it to an entirely different level as well!!!!

IT IS BEYOND EXTRAORDINARY that we can even share our experiences and relate them, and then to top it off, we can store that feeling of communion in our memories forever, or share them later.

So here's my plug: Tripping is a superfluous breeder of exponential hope and joy for all who choose to partake.

--------------------
The answer to 1984 is 1776.

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: What tripping is all about! [Re: kake]
    #4168712 - 05/13/05 12:24 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Tripping is an excape back to a simpler time in your life. Back to the point where everything you encountered was new, exciting and a bit confusing. Tripping is about awakinging your inner child and renewing your sense of just being human.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

OfflineVeter
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: What tripping is all about! [Re: djd586]
    #4169656 - 05/13/05 05:00 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Loving the hell out of everything on this planet. It is the little gift that nature gives us to get back to it. Tripping, in a sense, defines life.

--------------------
Let the Demons have their place, if so, it's angels you'll create.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #4169782 - 05/13/05 07:33 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Hmmmmm...

Tripping, like life, is all about creating your own reality.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience