Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleQuiescence
Intriguer
 Arcade Champion: Hexxagon

How much does Light affect growing during incubation...?
    #4164797 - 05/12/05 02:08 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

My question is about exposing the jars to light during incubation. Everyone says to put them 'in a dark place' ..but does that mean they can have ZERO light? Everyone here seems to take their jars out for photo sessions and family fun time. My jars were growing really fast.. and then I started checking them daily for contamination.. and really just for fun. But they seem to have slowed down considerably. Several of the jars were around 60%... that was over a week ago now that daily checking started... and the jars have not grown more than 10%. This is week #3. Temps are stable between 81-82 anytime I check.

So should I be using red light to look at them? Should I just leave them alone for another week?

Oh.. they are B+ strain.

Thanks for you help guys.

--------------------
God raised up the fellow who was relaxed in the company of tax collectors, prostitutes and other outsiders, and went on to say that many of them would be welcomed to God?s banquet table long before those self-righteous people on display at church.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleTien
人民英雄
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia Flag
Re: How much does Light affect growing during incubation...? [Re: Quiescence]
    #4164852 - 05/12/05 02:23 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I really don't think it's the light that slowed the growth. I check my jars several times a day (they are so pretty)...

What the problem might be is CO2 build up...this usually happens to people when their jars are almost done colonizing. Flip them, and let them sit on their lids...see what happens. This will allow carbon to escape.

Pluto

OfflineHippieChick
Chicks can do it too!
Female User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Trusted Cultivator
Re: How much does Light affect growing during incubation...? [Re: Tien]
    #4164862 - 05/12/05 02:28 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

If you have any tape or anything covering your inoculating holes you want to remove it. Or any foil covering your jars.
Peace,Love,Happiness and Harmony.
:heart: Hippie Chick  :mushroom2:

--------------------
Peace,Love and Happiness
:heart: HC :mushroom2:

Freedoms just another word for nothing left to lose..............

I LUV My Greenhouse
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5545848#5545848

My First Pans
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6212058#6212058

InvisibleQuiescence
Intriguer
 Arcade Champion: Hexxagon

Re: How much does Light affect growing during incubation...? [Re: Tien]
    #4164863 - 05/12/05 02:29 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Just before I came back to check for replies.. I thought about that. I just tipped the jars that are really far along. But the odd thing is that I have my second and third batch in there as well.. and their growth was stunted as well :frown:

Anyone know if B+ has a greater sensitivity to light? Cause hate to have to just leave them all alone... they really are fun to watch grow  :loveeyes:

--------------------
God raised up the fellow who was relaxed in the company of tax collectors, prostitutes and other outsiders, and went on to say that many of them would be welcomed to God?s banquet table long before those self-righteous people on display at church.

Offlineextinguishment
day tripper
 User Gallery

Loc: Further
Re: How much does Light affect growing during incubation...? [Re: Quiescence]
    #4165073 - 05/12/05 03:41 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

hold it kinda flick it with your wrist straight down, accelerating it downwards slightly faster than gravity would so that the cake can do a little hop.:stonedjerk: do this with the lid facing down and it will allow a good bit of air exchange. this is a technique that my buddy in amsterdam has seen used

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation