Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

MagicBag.co Shop: All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Serous Question Re Spanking [Re: Diploid]
    #4165318 - 05/12/05 04:51 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I am curious... how many people that are saying "never spank kids" actually have children?

It is great that we can all pretend that if we shower children with flowers and pamper them that they will turn out perfect, but life doesn't work that way. The job of a parent is to prepare a child to survive life. Life isn't easy, life isn't fair, and life doesn't pull punches and shower people with flowers. The sooner children learn this, the easier it is going to be for them to survive.

I'm not advocating beating children. Strapping little Jimmy because he spilled his milk at the dinner table is not what I am talking about. I am also not talking about spanking a child when the child is acting out for attention from the parent. However, a child needs to know that there are repercussions for some actions, and that these repercussions can and are often painful... a few minutes of pain to prevent a lifetime of pain.

From what I can remember, I was only spanked twice growing up. For me to get spanked, I had to screw up big time... but the knowledge that I could get spanked... and had been spanked... was always there. The threat was actually quite a bit worse than the bite.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineemptywisdom
simple being oflight
 User Gallery

Loc: Lemuria
Re: Serous Question Re Spanking [Re: Seuss]
    #4165324 - 05/12/05 05:01 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Don't hit your kid, anywhere on the body, ass or otherwise. the end.

There are other way's to discipline. If you need suggestions, please inquire, I will help. Violence, in any form, is the wrong answer. Period.

--------------------

OfflineNomad
Mad Robot

Re: Serous Question Re Spanking [Re: Seuss]
    #4165419 - 05/12/05 06:40 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

There's a difference between anti-authoritarianism and laissez-faire. And that difference is huge. It is amazing how many people have a hard time realizing that, in politics or otherwise.

The way to open a flower is not to artificially bend open the petals, but to care for the right earth, clean water, and enough light. Then one of two things may happen: Either the flower opens, or it does not. That is none of your business. Why not influence the surrounding of a child, so that it may prosper? This could practically mean not to buy computer games, but to teach a programming language, and let the child write it`s own... um... 3D-Shooter. For example.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

MagicBag.co Shop: All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags