Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon The Doors

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
shrooming on the wikiwachee river, Trip Report.
    #4164522 - 05/12/05 01:18 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

So I haven't tripped in about six months, i just started growing, and the summer started. So me and my friends make plans to float down a local river on innertubes. They tell me the river is gorgeous and peaceful and that it would be a great place to trip.

So this morning I wake up and go over to my friend P and his g/f F's house at like 9:30. My brothers g/f M is coming too. We bullshit around there and get everything ready for the float. We drive to the river, park one car at one end and drive back up to the other end with the other car. Me and P eat our shrooms about a half hour before we get in the water. F and M aren't tripping, they're just drinking and smoking weed. I ate a little less than 4g, powderized and mixed with extra crunchy peanut butter and spread on a sandwich. I couldn't taste any shroom at all!

So the shrooms are starting to kick in as we get into the water, not very hard, but I feel heavy and a bit weird. We float down a bit through some very pretty river; lush green plants crowding over the edge of the bank, and clear blue water that doesn't block your veiw of the bottom. We stop at a small lump of sand and chill. You can float down the whole river in about two hours, but we wanted to drag it out to about four hours.

We had our dry raft with a little boom box playing The Doors, and the girls drank some tequila and me and P wait for our shrooms to kick in. We light up a blunt and continue to float.

After smoking the blunt me and P start saying how we don't feel like we're tripping any more and how my shrooms suck and aren't potent. Kind of a dissappointment. But it had only been like an hour or so...

After a bit more floating I close my eyes and feel like I'm drifting through space in all directions as windchimes twinkle and tone on the back of peoples' porches (There were a few spots with houses, but most of it was nature). I fucking love windchimes. I know the shrooms are still working but I'm not expecting a very strong trip.

Float float float. We come upon another beachy stop place and right next to it is a little water hole with a whirlpool. I let myself get sucked into the whirlpool and spin around, eventually floating towards some trees that were hanging over the water hole. I lighting drift into it's welcoming branches and let the leaves caress my face to the rhythm of the river. I put my feet on the trunk and hold myself in place in the shade of the tree, and felt like I was just hanging out with an old tree friend.

The river was a spirit. Providing SO much life and sustinence to the land. The water was cool and pure and the sun was brilliant and bright. The tree was a spirit too, and a very cool peaceful one (as most tree spirits are!) I close my eyes and let go of the trunk. I see awsome CEVs that looked like a rounded mandala/cross. As I drifted out of the shade the sun shined into my eyes like the light of God, and I knew that I was it's Son/Sun and felt very accepted.

Just then a canoe came around the corner and was being sucked into the whirlpool. It started comming straight at me and hit me, bouncing my inner tube back. I told them I was alright and then grabbed onto the back of their canoe so I could get to the small beach across the water where my friends were.

We settle down and put on some beachy sitar music by Mike Stephan. I sat there sipping on some cool bottled water (so fucking PURE!) and grooving to the music. The little beach had reeds around it, and the sand was soft like silk. The colors were so bright and tropical and I was SO FUCKIG RELAXED! At that point in time, the attitute couldn't have been more tropical, and there was no way that I could  have given a shit less about anything in the world! Today was a day for relaxing and hangin with friends I love!

Usually my trips are really profound and overwhelming, which I like, but this was just RELAXING! Nothing to worry or think about! I was with my friends and we were chillin' to some good music and sippin' on cool water, smokin' weed. ohhhhh...... This was the BEST way to waste a whole day!

So after about a half hour of chillin' we decide to light up another blunt and start floating again, passing it around as we float.

Float float float. Not give a shit, not give a shit, not give a shit.

Eventually we stop at the last beach area on the river before we have to get out. There is a big tree with boards nailed to it for people to jump off of, and M wants to jump. At this point she is pretty drunk, and me and P keep telling her not to climb the tree, but she does and jumps off and splashes and is fine. But she didn't climb up the tree very skillfully. No more of that, dangerous drunk girl!

Then two boats full of people stop on the beach and unload. (great, other people to fuck up our mood). This kid with dyed blond hair gets out a spear gun and starts swimming in the water hole looking for fish or any other river creature that he can kill. I just watched him, hunter, macho, thrillseeker. Interesting.

He doesn't see anything so he gets out of the water and steps into the forest behind us. As the girls are swimming in the hole he starts yelling that there is a water mocassin (very deadly snake!). I just tell him to not fuck with it and the stupid snake will leave him alone. But NO! Macho hunter boy wants to fucking spear it and kill it!

All the other people that came on the boats were all yellin' and making a ruckus over this stupid snake, and you could see a lot of the archetypical human fear of the serpent express itself. Me and my friends are just chillin' and having a good time and then this dumbass has to come and piss this deadly snake off... I hate people...

We wanted to leave right then so we could float some more and smoke our last joint. But we didn't want to get into the water right as this snake was being pissed off. So after a bunch of these people yelling and arguing and blah blah blah, they leave and we start to float. But the negative vibes were already established in the trip.

the day was getting old and the sun was heading towards the horizon again. I started to get cold and M was just WAY too fucking drunk to be floating down the river in an innertube.

The river became a bit darker, and the trees leaned over and blocked out the sky. I had keep a hold of M's rope so we wouldn't lose her, and I had to keep shaking her to make sure she didn't pass out with her face in the water. She looked like a corpse.

The last bit of floating was challenging. The joint didn't want to burn and I had to look after drunken M. The dark river was ominous, our skin was super pruney, and we were all ready to get out of this goddamn river. The dark part lasted a long while, and I was done peaking. Slow dark float.

We eventually got out in someone's back yard, hopped their fence, and made our way to the car. We drove to the other car up by where we got into the river and deflated the innertubes. I ate a PB&J and had some CapriSun juice. A nice refreshing refeul for the drive home. I had a little bit of sunburn and a nice glowing attitude.

This was the best day ever. I haven't been so relaxed and happy in so long! These shrooms weren't as potent, anxious, and crazy as the shrooms I was used to, instead they were mellow, calm, and carefree. Very comfy. I'm still glowing.

So now I'm off to cuddle to sleep with my girlfriend and get ready for the next day of my life in which I will be doing... not much at all!

Peace, love, and tropical river FUN! :cool: :mushroom2:
Dr0mni

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinedemon2091tb
Stranger

Re: shrooming on the wikiwachee river, Trip Report. [Re: dr0mni]
    #4164565 - 05/12/05 01:27 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Aweseome report. Glad you had alot of fun, i hope i end up with a trip like that some time.

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
    #4164752 - 05/12/05 02:01 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

All the other people that came on the boats were all yellin' and making a ruckus over this stupid snake, and you could see a lot of the archetypical human fear of the serpent express itself. Me and my friends are just chillin' and having a good time and then this dumbass has to come and piss this deadly snake off... I hate people...

very interesting.  i'm just imagining some screaming apes circled around a snake beating the ground and grunting.  that must have been a trip to observe on mushrooms...an uncomfortable one but still kind of beautiful b/c it links us 'intelligent' humans with our 'dumb' ape ancestors.  cool beans.  :smile:

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Offlinecwbfromtheksvi
CWB

Loc: Central, FL
Re: shrooming on the wikiwachee river, Trip Report. [Re: TODAY]
    #4166409 - 05/12/05 03:12 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Dude, Ive tripped there before two. I live in Spring Hill right near Wikiwachee. My trip was very similar to yours, my favorite part was juming outta the trees its a blast. We also saw a mother and baby manatee swimming up river, I went under and kinda hugged the 500lbs momma; it was crazy. Maybe we could get together and go sometime, swimming that river is one of my favorite things to do. And I wouldnt have any problem providing the shrooms once season is in full swing. PM me bro.

--------------------

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Re: shrooming on the wikiwachee river, Trip Report. [Re: cwbfromtheksvi]
    #4175248 - 05/14/05 05:51 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

here's some quotes from the trip:

"It's my god given right to pee in the trees!"

"It's summer and I ain't got shit to do!"

"what time is it?" - "Now... it's right now time..."

"it feels good to spread mud on your legs!"

OfflinePowerTrip
Polypharmaceutical Shaman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The void
    #4175861 - 05/14/05 09:07 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Do you know what strain those mushrooms were by the way? Sounds very similar to the effects I got from my GT's. The EQ's I took were very visual and intense, but the GT's were very laid back and mellow with few visuals and a great body buzz.

--------------------
I spit reality, instead of what you usually learn
and I refuse to be concerned with condescending advice
cause I'm the only motherfucker that can change my life

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Re: shrooming on the wikiwachee river, Trip Report. [Re: PowerTrip]
    #4177124 - 05/15/05 04:34 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

they were supposedly amazonians, but my friend was growing some amazonians there were huge and super potent. These ones where real small and skinny, and not as crazy as his. I got them off ebay, so god knows what it really is...

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon The Doors

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports