Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Air Pump, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Nice little humidifier
    #4163912 - 05/11/05 10:58 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I tried to find a good humidifier but I couldn't. I bought one cool mist humidifier that worked, but was all leaky and loud, so I returned it. I decided to make my own and it worked out pretty well. Here?s a picture:

Sorry for the quality but I don't have a DVI cable for my MiniDV camera so I had to rely on the USB streaming function for the still pictures so they kinda suck.

Anyways, it's nothing more then a glass jar I bought at Canadian Tire. I stuck two fizz rocks [which connect to a dual outlet air pump of course] into this porous air filter [that's the blue stuff in the bottom]. All that does is keep the fizz rocks in place and helps create more bubbles. I drilled some holes into the lid of the jar, two for the air lines and one for the output [5/8" hose barb I believe]. If you look near the top of the jar you'll see something yellow, that is an ordinary kitchen sponge with the scrub pad ripped off stuffed into the hose barb.

All I have to do is fill the jar so the water comes up the sponge about a half-inch, then plug in the pump and it's good. I'm testing it for the first time and it works perfectly. Here?s a picture of where it connects to the terrarium:

Not that it really matters. Oh, and here?s a couple of jars. The one on the left is an EQ and the one on the right s a B+. Despite the fact that the EQ syringe had no visible spores and the B+ syringe had a LOT, the EQ's colonized much quicker. I have four of each.

Well, that?s about it just thought I'd comment on my cheap little humidifier. It was pretty easy an inexpensive, and it works quite effectively. Plus it's small and not loud at all [just a slight hum from the pump].

Edited by SEN_DF (05/11/05 11:07 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator

Re: Nice little humidifier [Re: SEN_DF]
    #4166051 - 05/12/05 12:52 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

What exactly is a "fizz rock" and what did you use as your air filter? I have also messed around with humidifiers but yours seems a lot simpler and it is sweet that it is homeade.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Air Pump, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation