Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewaixingren
Male User Gallery

Loc: SW Florida
Trusted Cultivator
First grow, what do you guys think?
    #4163609 - 05/11/05 07:53 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

well i have a few things to share and get advice on. all the pics below are Thai Elephant Dung strain.
Picture 1 & 2 is a casing i made about 6 days ago, the casing is peat & crushed eggshells. i'm aware this isnt the best casing material but its all i have available to me right now. i put it into the incubator for 4 days and the myc was popping out everywhere so i birthed it yesterday. does it look good? do you think i should expect pins within the next week? my room is very unsterile so im kind of scared of contams, i have it covered with plastic wrap and have poked many holes into it for ventilation. should that be sufficient or should i remove the wrap completly?
Picture 3 is a wbs jar i inoculated about 2-3 weeks ago and thats the most growth ive gotten out of the whole batch. very very slow. im pretty sure the problem is lack of air. i used tape with that batch. do you guys think i should take the tape off?
Picture 4 is a wbs jar i inoculated 5 days ago and as you can see its growing extremly quick compared to my previous attempt, whith this batch i used pollyfill instead of tape. the grain is looking kind of dry but i soaked it for 12 hours before pressure cooking. its growing fast so i assume i shouldnt be worried about it.

so, what do you guys think? am i doing alright? anything i should change?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePupenhause
Toughguy
Male User Gallery
Loc: over here
Re: First grow, what do you guys think? [Re: waixingren]
    #4163613 - 05/11/05 07:55 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

i am not experienced with casings or wbs, but those do look good. i hope you get some big yummy mushrooms from it.

Edited by Pupenhause (05/11/05 07:57 PM)

Offlinesludge
blunt rapter

Loc: somewhere in usa
Re: First grow, what do you guys think? [Re: Pupenhause]
    #4163638 - 05/11/05 08:04 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

you should have fruited that casing sooner, when the mycel just starts to pop thru the casing, because it will grow for a few days after you put in the fruiting chamber.good luck bro!!!!!

--------------------
Down in a hole and I don't know if I can be saved
See my heart I decorate it like a grave
You don't understand who they
Thought I was supposed to be
Look at me now a man
Who won't let himself be

OfflineWronguy
Trusted Cultivator
Re: First grow, what do you guys think? [Re: sludge]
    #4163729 - 05/11/05 08:20 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

The last 1/2 pint jar colonized quickly because there's not a lot of material in the jar to begin with. Personally I wouldn't waste time on the small jars. Get some quart jars next time.

As far as the 3rd picture is concerned, it looks like you are ready to shake that bad boy up. If you are about 15%-20% colonized, shake the jar vigorously for 30 seconds to break up the colonized seeds and let go until until it's completed. This will create new points for the mycelium to grow and speed up the growth.

The casings look okay, but I agree with Sludge on this one, they should have been put into the fruiting chamber sooner.

There is a light at the end of this tunnel though. I made the same mistake on my first casing and I still got 3 ounces dry out of 3 containers with 9 total 1/2 pint jars.

Next time I would use poly fill, not tape. The poly fill allows for more CO2 to expel, while still aiding as a contaminate barrier.

Good luck man.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract