Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineIgor
Shaved Ape
Male

Loc: Crystal Lake
Tripping before exams
    #4163531 - 05/11/05 09:32 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Hello, I'm quite new to shrooming, having only used them three times. I was introduced to them by my brother, currently living in Amsterdam, who is a member on here on the board called Turrican, with whom I had my first physcodelic experience. My first dose was 15g fresh columbian. As I had expected, this trip was great, and really opened my eyes (and mind). It was not until toward the end of my trip, I guess around 5 hours in, that it took a turn for the worse. I suggested we do weed bongs, which after doing seemed to change the atmosphere completely. Before the bongs I felt warm, and the room was comfortable looking invitingly warm, afterward the light was much whiter, and I felt cold and scared. My brother started having some pretty extreme visuals, and became very overexcited. At this time, I wasn't as aware of these effects as I am now, and may have become a bit freaked out. Anyway I went to bed at this point, but I found that I could barely remember anything, or even construct a sentence (To begin with the shrooms made me really sociable and I was talking constantly), now I just couldn't stop talking my thoughts out loud, like trying to stop talking, made me talk more. The room also seemed lighter when I closed my eyes, I thus cleverly dubbed the state of my world as 'inverted land', to my brother's amusement (he at this point, convinced that time would stop, is checking the time on his phone every 10 seconds). Anyway I felt a bit like I was a child, the neurone connections established in my brain, which constituted my entire learned ability to function correctly were pretty messed up. I became worried and depressed, partly because I was irrationally worried that I wouldn't go back to normal, but mainly just because some the ideas I rely on in life,no longer seemed to fit, particilarly about God and Death, I started to imagine death as an eternal blackness, as I had when I was very young (and had pretty much forgotten about.)

The next good trip I had (The second being with some friends, in the wrong environment, which luckily had little effect), I decided to have alone. I took 30g of Fresh Columbian Mushrooms and chilled out with insense and some music (may not have been appropriate tripping music, mostly like chilled indie rock, Also stuff like Royksopp and Portishead). I can't pinpoint exactly when they took effect, but can remember that there was barely any 'warm' stage as before and I just became all messed up, and worried. I think this may have addressed some problems in my brain (not any problem in particular) becuase since, I feel generally happier and less worried.
I have some important exams soon, and have been feeling quite pressured, before the trip however I was feeling enthusiastic to having a good trip and forgetting that stuff, having done my day's work and was quite happy.

I was wondering what experienced trippers think to taking mushrooms (about 2 weeks) before exams, do you think it could affect my memory of things I've been learning etc?, What do you generally think to tripping when you need your brain functioning?. Could there be any short or long-term effects that would affect my exam performance? I would be interested to know if any good physicists took Physcadelics, this would encourage me a lot since that is my subject. Also just generally is, can you suggest anything wrong in my approach to shrooms.
Thanks.
Jase.

--------------------
My vision fell upon the seven tall candles upon the table. At first they wore the aspect of charity, and seemed white slender angels who would save me: but then all at once there came a most deadly nausea over my spirit, and I felt every fibre in my frame thrill, as if I had touched the wire of a galvanic battery, while the angel forms became meaningless spectres, with heads of flame, and I saw that from them there would be no help.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleLetto
Load Universeinto Cannon. Aimat Brain. Fire.
Re: Tripping before exams [Re: Igor]
    #4163765 - 05/11/05 10:27 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Tripping two weeks before exams will have no effects on your exam performance. When I read your title I thought you meant eating mushrooms then going to take your final.

There have been plenty of scientists interested in psychedelics, I can't think of any physicists off the top of my head though.

And what is up with your signature? "Neglect your intuition and I think you'll find that you're in a world that you can't begin to understand." So you're studying physics yet you say trying to understand the world is useless and futile?

OfflineIgor
Shaved Ape
Male

Re: Tripping before exams [Re: Letto]
    #4163817 - 05/11/05 10:36 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I see what you mean about my sig, I don't think it makes me a hippocrite to say that we can't take our intuition for granted, just as people long ago though the world was flat etc.. beside that I just wanted to say something confound  :rolleyes:

--------------------
My vision fell upon the seven tall candles upon the table. At first they wore the aspect of charity, and seemed white slender angels who would save me: but then all at once there came a most deadly nausea over my spirit, and I felt every fibre in my frame thrill, as if I had touched the wire of a galvanic battery, while the angel forms became meaningless spectres, with heads of flame, and I saw that from them there would be no help.

InvisibleLetto
Load Universeinto Cannon. Aimat Brain. Fire.
    #4163889 - 05/11/05 10:53 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

No, I didn't mean to call you a hypocrite at all. I just meant it's odd to say that we live in a world that we can't begin to understand just because of quantum mechanics. Even though we can't use intuition anymore, we can still begin to understand the world and make predictions based on probabilities.

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: Tripping before exams [Re: Letto]
    #4164419 - 05/12/05 12:53 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I have taken shrooms a few days before a big test and during the trip I would be so concerned about the test it almost sent me into a bad trip. Thinking the whole time... "why am I tripping when I should be studying!" After the trip I was more motivated then before the trip to put an extra effort into studying.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

InvisibleDragonaut
Fire Marshall

Loc: Burn Ward
Re: Tripping before exams *DELETED* [Re: djd586]
    #4164455 - 05/12/05 01:02 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Post deleted by Dragonaut

Reason for deletion: .

--------------------
:dragon: See all my Favorite Threads (lots of info)

:alert: ATTENTION NOOBS: ASK ALL YOUR CULTIVATION QUESTIONS HERE :alert:

buy my impulse and vacuum sealers  :pm: <--click

InvisibleKahSol
Deffinatelystill aStranger.
Loc: Still Searching
Re: Tripping before exams *DELETED* [Re: Dragonaut]
    #4164505 - 05/12/05 01:15 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Post deleted by KahSol

Reason for deletion: .

--------------------
I was strolling through the park one day...
On a very merry month of May..
When I was taken by surprise!
By a pair of Cube-ee Psi's!
In the merry merry month of May!

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: Tripping before exams [Re: KahSol]
    #4164986 - 05/12/05 03:09 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I tripped a week before my exams. I did pretty well, but I would get distracted while writting my final papers because I would be thinking about reality/existence or my life story.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

OfflineIgor
Shaved Ape
Male

Re: Tripping before exams [Re: Dragonaut]
    #4165347 - 05/12/05 07:37 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Thx 4 hlp people

Quote:

WI_Shroomer_Skater said:
I know someone who took acid before her final exam and got a 97%. She said the words were bouncing around like crazy, and it took her awhile, but she did it.

97 sounds good enough for me. I think a good proportion of people on here are clever, that's plenty to convince me. imagine if you leaned to use shrooms or somet as a study aid. I had this idea that I'd do shrooms and wake up to find all my work done, and I know everything i needed to learn, but just can't remember learning it, that would be great.
Did anyone have problems like mine with trippin, when they started?, I'd like to continue, but think it could keep messin me up. perhaps now I feel better about my problems (after dealing with them), if I do it again in about a month it will be good.

--------------------

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
    #4166442 - 05/12/05 03:20 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

We all have many things to work through.
That is the result of the combination of gentics and pure happenstance.
That is what we are, and the game is to know thyself. And that game can go on as long as you want it to, because it has no end!

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

OfflineCenebite
Closet CaseShroomer
 User Gallery

Re: Tripping before exams [Re: mecreateme]
    #4168473 - 05/12/05 11:13 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

You might as well hold off, it will give you more drive to do your best, then once exams are over let loose! I was growing during exams and had like a good OZ, but I held off... the day exams let out we ate some down and went to see "What The Bleep Do We Know" INCREDIBLE!! So my opinion is to hold off, it will make it that much better after exams are out...

InvisibleAdden
Sandcastle in the Sun
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Amongst the Dunes
    #4169223 - 05/13/05 02:49 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Igor, that's a fucking awesome sig.

No lie.

--------------------

Outdoor Mushroom Cultivation

InvisibleChikitta
    #4169741 - 05/13/05 06:16 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Igor said:
I was wondering what experienced trippers think to taking mushrooms (about 2 weeks) before exams, do you think it could affect my memory of things I've been learning etc?,
Jase.

There won't be any impact on your ability to learn, or your ability to remember stuff you've already learned.

Personally I'm waiting until I finish my exams (on Monday  :laugh:) before my next trip... sort of a little reward for the revision and stuff.

InvisibleDark_Star
jizzing skull penis
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sky Force 10
    #4171337 - 05/13/05 04:54 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Heh, when I saw the title of the thread I thought it was about dropping acid or eating mushrooms right before taking an exam.  :lol:

--------------------
The Juice is loose, baby

OfflinemickyJ
Benkenobi

Loc: Europe @ the droid harves...
Re: Tripping before exams [Re: Dark_Star]
    #4186016 - 05/17/05 12:33 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Yer i thought the same :P
I have had them 2 days b4 a Uni exam, im as 'normal' as ever 6hrs after a trip so dont think it had any effect on my result, ill let u know bout my long term effects from havin too many mushies in 20yrs or so :wink:

--------------------
Old Ben

I beleive that my job in mappin the impulse pathways of a single neuron can allow us to open a mecca into the quailitative functions of the human geno...

Please support your local free spore ring by sendin back prints from successful grows, FSRE

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience