Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleMovingTarget

Loc: temporary
I think I might flip
    #4163232 - 05/11/05 08:36 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Everyday I see bullshit, that makes me think whats the point? You can't get through to these people, nothings going to get better. This world is going to hell before it gets better.

The Shallowness of most people makes me angry. Everyone I know(including those I respect) has only changed for the worse over the years. Can you honestly think of anyone you know who has changed for the better since you knew them?

I need a reason to live other than shallow desires and tripping into other dimensions.

I'm living in a society that if I follow in line, I can see it driving me into the ground.

What you may be used to is okay for you, but I will never get used to this shit.

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Loc: mountains and lakes
Re: I think I might flip [Re: MovingTarget]
    #4163242 - 05/11/05 08:38 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Be of service to them and give them your love, but live for yourself, it is your existence. Nature is always there unchanged and true to self waiting for you, you go and experience it.

--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
    #4163244 - 05/11/05 08:38 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I can never go back to being ignorant, thought I wish I could. It's even worse now because I'm still shallow and full of shit, pretty much only when im social, and I see right through myself and it really pisses me off.

What happened to to the idea of a shroomery commune, thats what we need!

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

InvisibleMovingTarget

Re: I think I might flip [Re: barfightlard]
    #4163284 - 05/11/05 08:48 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I wish I could enjoy nature, but theres the whole survival thing. Money is tricky to come by these days unless you're willing to sacrifice a large chunk of your spirit.

--------------------

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

#4163345 - 05/11/05 08:59 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

MovingTarget said:
I wish I could enjoy nature, but theres the whole survival thing. Money is tricky to come by these days unless you're willing to sacrifice a large chunk of your spirit.

But to enjoy nature, all you need is some time (a weekend or a sunday) and two legs.
It doesn't have to be real nature either, you can enjoy plants in your garden, or a park, or simply enjoy walking on grass in the middle of your town. Or you can look clouds from your own window.
Or you can go to internet and watch pictures of distant forests and deserts

--------------------

InvisibleMovingTarget

Re: I think I might flip [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #4163373 - 05/11/05 09:05 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I enjoy nature everyday, but its tainted by the thought that this is not my life, my life is following rules in a hive of idiots doing what other people think they should be doing,

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #4163393 - 05/11/05 09:09 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

"I need a reason to live other than shallow desires and tripping into other dimensions."

so living in an of itself isn't enough?

can you do something that you don't want to do and still maintain a peace of mind?

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

#4163410 - 05/11/05 09:10 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

MovingTarget said:
I enjoy nature everyday, but its tainted by the thought that this is not my life, my life is following rules in a hive of idiots doing what other people think they should be doing,

There is a way to release yourself form these thoughts

--------------------

InvisibleMovingTarget

Re: I think I might flip [Re: kaiowas]
    #4163453 - 05/11/05 09:20 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

kaiowas said:
"I need a reason to live other than shallow desires and tripping into other dimensions."

so living in an of itself isn't enough?

can you do something that you don't want to do and still maintain a peace of mind?

Yes, I can do many things I dont want to do, as long as it serves a good purpose in the long run. I just feel that I have to waste so much bloody time doing pointless shit just to survive. It seems the natural done thing these days, but its fucking wrong I tell ya. Theres easy options, that stil require shit to get to, but generally? Shit, I just hate being forced into bureaucracy and definitive things that you must do in order to survive. I would rather just rely on myself to survive.

--------------------

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #4163586 - 05/11/05 09:47 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Then go rely on yourself. Hit the Napali coast of Kauai, Hi. People do it all the time. The temp is sweet year round, fresh fruit trees, wild boars to hunt, fresh water. Some groups of people live naked in there.

I remember one morning having breakfast at an out door cafe in Hanalei bay and some dude came wandering out of the jungle across the street and came up and asked me what month it was and then he wandered back in. :lol:

Give those around you a little slack. They are just jumping hoops because its the only way they know and have been taught how to be. They are under pressure too and you'd find that they probably feel like you do about a lot if you had a heart to heart chat with them.

One finds/creates ways to adjust the attitude and perspectives and look for inspiration and create meaning along the way. Make it a new challenge to use the system to serve yourself or others off it. First you have to figure out what would make life worth living for you. What would make being alive here cool. You can't create your own heaven till you know what it is you want. Dream a dream and make it happen for real. That keeps me going.

Imagine you just bit it. You are still conscious and get to look at life here. You get to realize, yours is smoked out. Now what? What comes to mind that you wish you would've done, said, tried, changed experienced or become? Do it while you are here breathing man. Eternity is a long time and these lives are a speck.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Edited by gettinjiggywithit (05/11/05 09:51 PM)

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #4163591 - 05/11/05 09:48 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Yes, I know 3 people who are changing for the better all the time and I am one of them. :grin:

You ever wonder about the fact that we are all part of the same universe made up of the same thing, God if you will, and yet people act in such unhealthy ways? :confused:

Could we be dreaming? If we were dreaming what would that mean as far as how the world is? What would you be willing to do to wake yourself up? Psychedelics can do more than just put you into other dimensions. They can be a powerful shock. Enough to awaken you from your sleeping. :shocked:

I know what you mean about people and the behive of sleeping sheepies. What if you are one of them and don't know it? What if you just think you are awake but you are just stirring in your sleep?

One of the 3 people I was talking about said to me the other day. I don't feel bad about the world and all the unhealthy things people do and all the suffering. I know they are asleep. I know that we will all awaken sometime. I know this because from time to time I find myself awake in this dream and I can see. I laugh like a little girl in on a big secret and say to myself, I see them sleeping, will they wake up now? No hurry.  :smile:

I felt exactally like your post for most of my life. Now I can't get enough of life. Any way it took me 50 years to get to this place, so hang in there. :heart: :mushroom2:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibleMovingTarget

Re: I think I might flip [Re: Icelander]
    #4163625 - 05/11/05 09:59 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Wow, two incredible posts.  All I can say is much thanks to you both.

I have a lot of thinking to do :confused:

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #4163662 - 05/11/05 10:09 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Yes thinking can be good. Don't limit your thinking, entertain every option. A very wise man once said, " If you have many ideas, you will have good ideas". Moshe Feldenkrais. :heart:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #4164193 - 05/12/05 12:10 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

The Shallowness of most people makes me angry.

And what of angry people? How do they contribute to a better world?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineMuppet
Nomadic Jester
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: (523) 327-2836
Re: I think I might flip [Re: Swami]
    #4164253 - 05/12/05 12:20 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

they give shallow people something to be scared about...apparently  :wink:

--------------------

:craven:  Ravings of a Madman  :craven:

InvisibleeMotionALLmotion
DivineeMotive....

Loc: The Symphony of Lights......
    #4164282 - 05/12/05 12:26 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

It took me a while to get here too....  The Matrix seems to be a metaphor for the structured systems of ideals built to take the once aspiring dreams of an innocent child away thru the conditioning of the "ways" of the world....    You remember the fairy tales of childhood that we all built dreams upon, with mystified smiles and ideas, and as you grew up you lost sight of them thru your "training" to enter this manmade Matrix....    It is all bullshit....  Reach back and re-discover the dreams you once had - the days in which you aspired to live in the land of your rich innocent carefree mind....  Grasp those dreams, and live them - they were yours, and they ARE still locked within your mind....  Unlock them....   

Life seems to be some kind of test, or a game to see if you can get past all the bullshit, and just be happy with shit....  Seems ya~ just gotta~ put on a pair of waders, and put a smile on your face....  :smile:

What made you dream back then will bring you back to life now....  It is all about the soul, love, no fear, and acceptance of other people's beliefs, and all the things you were "taught" to know as "untrue"....  Dreams, if you build them, you will "live"....  The more you are willing to believe in those past dreams, the more that will come true....    Live and enjoy this life you have....    It is YOURS....!    :sun:

From the movie "Signs"
"Some people see the strange hovering lights in the sky and think it is the end of the world....   
Some people see them and think it is a miracle.... 
What do you think....?"

:heart:

--------------------
Uni-VersALL      MasterPeace
eMotive  :sun: Divinity NowThere Infinity :sun:  eMelody

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: I think I might flip [Re: eMotionALLmotion]
    #4164294 - 05/12/05 12:27 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

well put emotion...  :thumbup:

how is you trek going btw?

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #4164359 - 05/12/05 12:41 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

MovingTarget said:
I need a reason to live other than shallow desires and tripping into other dimensions.

I think it's possible to live in a world where there are people living there who have shallow desires. This does not necessarily mean we have to have the same desires.

I am pursuing a dream/goal that could cause me to make a lot of money, but this is not the reason I am pursuing my dream.

I've posted an essay by Emerson here a couple of times wherein he ideates the proposition that we are each of us meant to be here to do one thing, and if we first find it, and then do it well, we will prosper.

I think a lot of people are mainly motivated to find a job because of money, first. I think we should look to what causes fulfillment in our lives, first, and the money will take care of itself.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

InvisibleeMotionALLmotion
DivineeMotive....

Loc: The Symphony of Lights......
Re: I think I might flip [Re: kaiowas]
    #4164489 - 05/12/05 01:10 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

:japsmile:

:sun:

--------------------
Uni-VersALL      MasterPeace
eMotive  :sun: Divinity NowThere Infinity :sun:  eMelody

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: I think I might flip [Re: eMotionALLmotion]
    #4165415 - 05/12/05 08:37 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Uplifting thoughts! :wink:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology