Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Coir, Microscope, Peat, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleLucid_Euphoria
Sojourner

Loc: Flip Side
Opinions on my bulk bins? A couple questions about moisture.
    #4163126 - 05/11/05 08:11 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Ok this first pic seems to be colonizing slower than the second. Also, I found a tiny spot of bluish/greenish mold it was maybe the size of the tip of a Q-tip. I pulled it out about an inch below it and half inch or so radius around where it was. Is it likely that it will return or maybe I caught it early enough that it didn't get to spread?

Anyway, heres the first tray -

Now this second one looks good to me. The top is almost fully colonized. My only concern was there were some places where large beads of water had collected, about the size of quarter, maybe a lil smaller. Anyways, one of the large beads of water is sitting on top of what looks like a large chunk of straw maybe, however its got a very slight golden/yellowish tinge to it. It is visible at the bottom of the photo, its a bald spot maybe an inch from the wall of the tub, right in the middle.

Here is tray #2. although the lighting isn't as good as the other pic. I assure you all the mycellium is as white as whats in the first pic -

Think at least one of these will turn out alright if properly cased/pinned? Thanks for any opinions/input.

--------------------
PAN CYAN & AZURE FOR TRADE

"If ignorance is bliss, THEN KNOCK THE SMILE OFF MY FACE!" - Zach de la Rocha

"Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather!" -Bill Hicks-

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineHotnuts
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild Blue Yawnder
Re: Opinions on my bulk bins? A couple questions about moisture. [Re: Lucid_Euphoria]
    #4163155 - 05/11/05 08:17 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I'm not to sure what kinda substrate you've got goin on there. But the one with the trich or mold of some type should be fine. Just keep your eye on it. Allow that spot to heal up with mushroom mycelium and then patch it if you want to. Or just leave it be. But you're lookin good so far man! I'd case them with 50/50 peat/vermiculite for an awesome flush!

InvisibleLucid_Euphoria
Sojourner

Re: Opinions on my bulk bins? A couple questions about moisture. [Re: Hotnuts]
    #4163188 - 05/11/05 08:23 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks! The substrate is Tenn. Stud prepastuerized 50/50 Straw/Poo.

I'm gonna case with 40/40/20 Verm/Peat/Coir.

Do you think the first tray is just as colonized as the second, just not on the surface? I spose theres no way you could really tell that. It just doesn't make much sense to me how one could drag so far behind. They both were knocked up with 1.5 qts. of Golden Teacher colonized WBS, both are being incubated in the same TiT at the same temp. They were both knocked with the WBS on 4/30. I think I'll give em another week without being disturbed, hopefully the first tray will have come around by then.

--------------------

"Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather!" -Bill Hicks-

OfflineHotnuts
old hand
 User Gallery

Re: Opinions on my bulk bins? A couple questions about moisture. [Re: Lucid_Euphoria]
    #4163206 - 05/11/05 08:28 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Don't worry! I've had as many as 10 tubs goin at the same time and they're always done colonizing at different times, but within a few days of each other. That's just how the distribution of your spawn to bulk substrate works out man. That's just when the seed is dispersed a little differently per tub. No worries!

InvisibleLucid_Euphoria
Sojourner

Re: Opinions on my bulk bins? A couple questions about moisture. [Re: Hotnuts]
    #4163229 - 05/11/05 08:34 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Cool. Its so interesting watching this stuff go from a microscopic partical, to spreading over some birdseed in a jar, to the rad 3D rhizomorphic growths on the top of the substrate its spawned to. I can't wait to *cross fingers for luck* see a nice pinset and hopefully some successful fruits from either of these trays.
Oh this is my first grow by the way. Thanks for your comments Hotnutz, I really enjoy this community.

--------------------

Invisibledeathbychimney
45th GenerationRoman
    #4163268 - 05/11/05 08:45 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

How long have those been colonizing?

--------------------
diarrhea takes over your life

InvisibleLucid_Euphoria
Sojourner

Re: Opinions on my bulk bins? A couple questions about moisture. [Re: deathbychimney]
    #4163321 - 05/11/05 08:55 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Since 4/30.

Been colonizing about 10 days.

I guess the golden teacher strain isn't too aggreisive? Or perhaps I haven't held optimal conditions throughout. The WBS incubated at about 85 degrees, and took about 18-21 days to fully colonize. The jars were inoculated with spores though so still had to germinate.

--------------------

Edited by Lucid_Euphoria (05/11/05 08:57 PM)

OfflineHotnuts
old hand
 User Gallery

#4163403 - 05/11/05 09:09 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

10 days is fine for the incubation process. 2 weeks is the average if you've used the right amount of spawn. So you're right on track. :thumbup:

Edited by hotnutz (05/11/05 09:10 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Coir, Microscope, Peat, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation