Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Loc: mountains and lakes
more sex...
    #4162964 - 05/11/05 07:42 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

..but this time another topic..

Do you think it is immoral or whatever that early-mid teenage (13-17) females and adult (say 30-60) males have sex?
Would you alow your 13-17 daughter to do it with an adult (but single) male if you knew they would not get caught by authority?

discuss

--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: more sex... [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #4163099 - 05/11/05 08:05 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Short answer. No, not immoral, maybe not healty. Depends.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Re: more sex... [Re: Icelander]
    #4163233 - 05/11/05 08:36 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Why not healthy? The girl is ready to have sex, her body is ready, and she is getting instincts, so it is nature's sign that she can do it..

anyway, what about the second part of question? If she was your daughter, would you alow here to have either casual sex with a 30-60 year old or a relationship

--------------------

OfflineBoneMan
Shrimpin ain't easy
Male

Loc: new new england
    #4163288 - 05/11/05 08:49 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

If I had a 17 year old daughter and caught her with a dude thats 30+ years old the first thing I'd do is throw up then I'd tell that man to stay the hell away from my daughter or he'd be saying goodbye to his penis

I mean, even if hes a nice legit guy, its your own daughter for Christs sake! thats creepy.
sure her body is ready, but teenagers are irrational by nature and she would most certainly regret it by the time shes 20.

i can see what you're saying from the male perspective though, man those young girls are hot.

but from a father's perspective, no no no! i cant imagine any decent father allowing his daughter to have casual sex with anyone, let alone a man thats more than twice her age.

put it this way, if you had a 17 year old daughter, would you let your 30-60 year old buddy from way back have sex with her?

gross... with his loose skin, and old balls.. lol

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

Re: more sex... [Re: BoneMan]
    #4163336 - 05/11/05 08:58 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

The concern in a situation like that would be the likely unequal power relationship. The older man would likely have a lot of power over the young girl, in a lot of ways, subtle or not so subtle and that would have to be carefully scrutinized by the people involved in the relationship and worked on very hard to avoid. I think it would be really difficult, and really unlikely for a healthy balanced sexual relationship to exist between the two, but not impossible.

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

#4163338 - 05/11/05 08:58 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

BoneMan said:
If I had a 17 year old daughter and caught her with a dude thats 30+ years old the first thing I'd do is throw up then I'd tell that man to stay the hell away from my daughter or he'd be saying goodbye to his penis

I mean, even if hes a nice legit guy, its your own daughter for Christs sake! thats creepy.
sure her body is ready, but teenagers are irrational by nature and she would most certainly regret it by the time shes 20.

i can see what you're saying from the male perspective though, man those young girls are hot.

but from a father's perspective, no no no! i cant imagine any decent father allowing his daughter to have casual sex with anyone, let alone a man thats more than twice her age.

put it this way, if you had a 17 year old daughter, would you let your 30-60 year old buddy from way back have sex with her?

gross... with his loose skin, and old balls.. lol

I'm not looking at this from the perspective of a man, nope, I'm looking at it from a moral perspective. I wonder if anyone can come up with some moral arguments against it. And I'd bet nobody can, but we will see

So back to you, it would be disguisting, so you would not alow it, but would you make a rule out of it? Do you consider it immoral?

--------------------

OfflineBoneMan
Shrimpin ain't easy
Male

#4163381 - 05/11/05 09:06 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

hey you're right man. I cant think of any moral reason why it's wrong.

im sure it was totally acceptable behavior like a thousand years ago

my feelings against it must be influenced by cultural norms, but im not really sure.

as for making a rule out of it, I would only tell her "no dating men that are more than five years older than you" if I actually caught her with an older man.

I would hope my daughter had enough sense not to do something like that in the first place, if only to spare her from the ridicule that society would lynch her with.

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

#4163417 - 05/11/05 09:12 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

But if you can't think of any moral reason, don't you think that you are opressing her if you would set such a rule?

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #4163430 - 05/11/05 09:14 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

authority of the legal system would have nothing to do with my decision on "hell no!"

It would be obvious that the 30+ man would have power over the 17- woman, mentally, as probably also physically.

sure the body might be ready, but would the mind be ready?

but morals....I don't know what to say about morals, but I would view this situation as wrong.

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Re: more sex... [Re: kaiowas]
    #4163452 - 05/11/05 09:20 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

but say your daughter actually is turned on by this old man, and he wants her too, and they are asking you to let them do a quick one in her room and he will leave them.

No relationship,just these two creatures endulging their desires

So why "hell no"? Your daughter wants it, and if you don't alow it she will be unhappy

So I challenge anyone to justify their disguist over it

--------------------

OfflineMuppet
Nomadic Jester
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: (523) 327-2836
Re: more sex... [Re: NiamhNyx]
    #4163465 - 05/11/05 09:23 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

NiamhNyx said:
The concern in a situation like that would be the likely unequal power relationship. The older man would likely have a lot of power over the young girl, in a lot of ways, subtle or not so subtle and that would have to be carefully scrutinized by the people involved in the relationship and worked on very hard to avoid.  I think it would be really difficult, and really unlikely for a healthy balanced sexual relationship to exist between the two, but not impossible.

I couldn't have said it better myself  :craven:

--------------------

:craven:  Ravings of a Madman  :craven:

OfflineBoneMan
Shrimpin ain't easy
Male

#4163474 - 05/11/05 09:25 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

yes that may be.

I suppose its the same sort of thing as my parents not allowing me to do drugs simply because they're "bad".

but I will refer back to the classic case of
"As long as you live in my house, you will live by my rules"

when she is old enough to afford her own home, she is old enough to do what she wants and keep it from me. and by then she'll be wise enough to know it was a bad idea. I think it would be very hard to find any meaningful and lasting connection (i.e. non-sexual) between two people of such different age groups.

and if the intent was always purely sexual, im sure my daughter could find someone her own age that would be much more sexually attractive.

which brings me to the question: would a 13-17 year old girl even consider a much older partner?

young girls are very picky, she'd probably have to be very desperate or have some sort self esteem issues, and no friends

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #4163487 - 05/11/05 09:26 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

A friend of mine, who's from a very traditional Arabic family, had an 17 year old cousin who had an arranged marriage with a 30+ yr old Lawyer, who of course, was also Arabic. To them, this was normal and "traditional"... the parents were happy that their daughter was with a successful and stable lawyer.

Personally I found the whole arranged-marriage thing to be a bit disturbing. But who's to say what's wrong and what's not?

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #4163493 - 05/11/05 09:27 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Depends how mature I think she is. If I think she's mature enough to make that kind of decision for herself, then sure. Then again, we're talking about your own daughter here, so it may be that even if she's 18, you still want to be protective.

--------------------

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Re: more sex... [Re: Muppet]
    #4163505 - 05/11/05 09:29 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

There is always a chance that in any relationship or sex there is a differenc in power, hell, in the old days a man always was more powerfull than a woman and used to decide everything, yet nobody said they shouldn't marry then or have sex.
Even today, either a woman or a man can have more power, both adults, someone is always dominant.
And what if your 14 year old daughter was the dominant one, and the 40 year old guy is some shy man that is actually saduced by your promiscuitive (is that how it is said in ENG?) daughter?

I don't think this power thing is much of an argument

--------------------

OfflineBoneMan
Shrimpin ain't easy
Male

#4163511 - 05/11/05 09:30 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

OldWoodSpecter said:
No relationship,just these two creatures endulging their desires

whoa whoa whoa! what would you be teaching your daughter by allowing her to have sex purely for fun?

the reason you cant allow that is because sex is supposed to be at least somewhat sacred and you dont want your daughter to be going around boning every guy she thinks is hot. most likely resulting in STDs and long-term commitment issues that you'll have to buy many therapy sessions to resolve.

InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
    #4163537 - 05/11/05 09:34 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Only if they're of similar mentalities, would I find it the slightest bit acceptable.... but seeing as how an older man is on par with a 13-17 year old state of mind... I wouldn't accept it on the basis of the sheer lack of stupidity of the older male.

Aside from that, I don't see why dating within ones age group is such a difficult thing, the concept of age is irrelevant, I put more emphasis on physical/emotional/intellectual maturity, and I don't see why a 30 year old man has to stoop to rocking the cradle.

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Re: more sex... [Re: Silversoul]
    #4163539 - 05/11/05 09:35 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

WOW this is getting insteresting..

so many hollow arguments..

"bad idea" ..."she could find someone younger" ..."being protective"

why is it a bad idea?
Why should she find someone younger, perhapse she is a bit different, maybe she wants an older guy
protective against what? The guy is not going to harm her, in fact she will enjoy it as she wants him too

seems to me some of our inherent automatic mental circuits have been burried so deep that even on such an openminded forum like this many are not even aware that they are being manipulated by these circuits

this is really interesting, keep it comming...

I'll give a hug to someone who will prove to me that it is immoral and he actually has a reason to forbid it exept personal disguist

--------------------

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Re: more sex... [Re: Psychoactive1984]
    #4163545 - 05/11/05 09:36 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Psychoactive1984 said:
Only if they're of similar mentalities, would I find it the slightest bit acceptable.... but seeing as how an older man is on par with a 13-17 year old state of mind... I wouldn't accept it on the basis of the sheer lack of stupidity of the older male.

No mind here, no mentality, they are just going to do some sex without talking and he is going..
all they are really driven by is lust, no personal interest, just casual sex

--------------------

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
    #4163573 - 05/11/05 09:43 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

as for making a rule out of it, I would only tell her "no dating men that are more than five years older than you" if I actually caught her with an older man.

How about if it was your 17 year old son dating a 30 year old woman? Would your feelings be different then, and if so, why?

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Edited by Diploid (05/11/05 09:49 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology