Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Terrence McKenna

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinefootstain
Stranger
Stop doing them every once in awhile
    #416271 - 10/07/01 01:50 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I know that psilocybin and what not can give people new awareness and amazement for life and the world around them. I agree that these and similar substances have positive effects if used properly.

If you do obtain enlightenment or new awareness then that's wonderful. But if you do acheive this, then what is the point of continuing to use mushrooms over and over? Once every few months makes sense, so you can remind yourself what you've learned or whatever you're seeking. But if you do mushrooms on a weekly or daily basis I think you have a problem. There is no need to do them that much, for spiritual purposes. The brain can only take so much. When you do them too much, it becomes not an inner spiritual journey for understanding, but just a need for pleasure. I think using mushrooms in this manner could lead to problems in your life. If your normal every day life means anything to you.

A lot of times you don't realize what effect they have on you until years later and you stop, its hard to tell when you're in the wake of things.
Now I'm not saying they'll cause brain damage. However, your brain naturally changes it's chemistry throughout life as you experience new events and grow. If you're constantly high, then you're brain wont be able to naturally grow and mature. This is especially true when you're young. If you're old and wise and have lived most of your life, I find little to worry. Your mind can only take so much stimulation and introspective thought. Your mind is a sensitive organ, you should care for it and not over work it, or it will wear out or tire, like any other part of your body.
Once again, I'm not a mushroom hater. I love psychedelics and wish everyone could get a glimpse of the 'greater picture' and insight that these chemicals provide. I just think that too much of anything can cause problems. Go easy and be wise.

recommend : one dose per month.... what do you think?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinewintertime
enthusiast
Re: Stop doing them every once in awhile [Re: footstain]
    #416292 - 10/07/01 02:26 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

good advice

OfflineTimeleech
addict
Loc: Norway
    #416665 - 10/07/01 10:30 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I agree 100%

--
Perhaps you trust your eyes,
but can you trust what you lie your eyes upon?

--------------------
--
Eternally boggled, flummoxed, bewildered and surprised.
theophagy.org

Offlinepsillyshroompha
shr00m0r

Loc: SLC, UT
    #416729 - 10/07/01 10:46 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

agreed

"The mushroom is a transdimensional doorway which sly fairies have left slightly ajar for anyone to enter into who can find the key and who wishes to use this power-the power of vision-" ~Terrence McKenna

--------------------
To all the weed I've smoked,
this blunts for you.
To all the people I offended,
Fuck you too
To all the friends I used to have,
I miss my past.
But the rest of you assholes,
Can Kiss My Ass

Offlinepsillyshroompha
shr00m0r

Loc: SLC, UT
    #416733 - 10/07/01 10:49 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Back when I took acid a lot. I had a friend who started using it like every day because she became intimate with our fry dealer. I remeber visiting her on her b-day, she was so strung out and fucked up. The whole time she was like. "Man, I think I will take 3 hits tommarow. Hes got to get a new vile. hes only got a little bit left."
Sad, and fucking stupid. Long story short, she got pregnant, had the guys kid. He took off. She is just a strung out single mother now. Psychadelics need to be taken in reason.

"The mushroom is a transdimensional doorway which sly fairies have left slightly ajar for anyone to enter into who can find the key and who wishes to use this power-the power of vision-" ~Terrence McKenna

--------------------
To all the weed I've smoked,
this blunts for you.
To all the people I offended,
Fuck you too
To all the friends I used to have,
I miss my past.
But the rest of you assholes,
Can Kiss My Ass

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Terrence McKenna

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology