Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

The Seventh sense Rhythm Timing/Cadence, and Tuning in.
    #4122335 - 05/02/05 06:48 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

A list of Senses, organs of origination and innervation:

1. Vision ? eyeballs -> incoming to visual cortex
2. Hearing (& balance) ? ears -> incoming to auditory cortex,
3. Taste ? mouth/tongue -> incoming to glottal cortex
4. Touch ? skin, muscle and bone (temperature, pain, pressure, proprioception) -> incoming.
5. Smell ? nose -> incoming to olfactory cortex
6. Memory ? cerebrum (, engrams) -> incoming [feedback] to cortex (generalized)
7. Timing/Cadence ? cerebellum (, multi-timer, rhythm matcher) -> incoming [feedback] to sensory cortex and to cortex generalized. ? (this one is usually left out or ignored)

Interestingly this is usually ignored as a sensory feed or sense as it is so tightly coupled to the rest of brain function, but the brain uses it in learning (coordinated movements) and expression of personality the same way that it uses the other senses, even more so perhaps.

By tuning into just a few of the continuous sounds, rhythms and sequences that it plays, we are able to learn to co-ordinate very complex physical moves.

By tuning into it in more complex ways we can reconstitute music without external sounds.

When we hear and do things, association with the items from the underlying rhythm matrix generated by this organ are important engram elements.

I am hoping to hear more in general about how this sense (cadence) integrates many of the other ones.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleeMotionALLmotion
DivineeMotive....

Loc: The Symphony of Lights......
Re: The Seventh sense Rhythm Timing/Cadence, and Tuning in. [Re: redgreenvines]
    #4122382 - 05/02/05 07:39 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Dancing to the inner rhythm of your soul, within and without....  :heart:

"its just an invitation,across the nation,a chance for folks to meet.
There?ll be laughing and singing,music swinging,dancing in the streets
All we need is music ( sweet sweet ) sweet music (sweet sweet music )
There?ll be music everywhere.
There?ll be swinging,swaying,records playing,dancing in the streets,oh!
It doesnt matter what hat you wear,just as long as you are there,
So come on,
Grab a guy,grab a girl,everywhere around the world....."
--VH version

:sun:

--------------------
Uni-VersALL      MasterPeace
eMotive  :sun: Divinity NowThere Infinity :sun:  eMelody

Offlinethe_phoenix
Stranger

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Re: The Seventh sense Rhythm Timing/Cadence, and Tuning in. [Re: eMotionALLmotion]
    #4122489 - 05/02/05 08:39 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Very interesting. I might have had a great deal of experience with that "organ"(?) last night. Do you know if or how it interacts with DXM? Last night I was listening to brilliant music, very complex and progressive harmonies, all from my own mind.

The cerebellum almost sounds like it has something do do with chanelling? Cadence is about letting the creative juices flow, flow out from within you. It has to do with spontenaity? More info please. :smile:

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: The Seventh sense Rhythm Timing/Cadence, and Tuning in. [Re: the_phoenix]
    #4122604 - 05/02/05 09:29 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

the cerebellum has a very interesting pyrimidal structure, like many layers of timing circuitry.

anyone working with a synthesizer might see the potential of having a bank of thousands of timers all playing simultaneously, which can be tied to a convenient interface (i.e. the whole body) and retriggerred, or harmonized/synchronized.

the range of vibrations go from many seconds, to several thousand HZ, so I am sure you can get complete symphonies by, tuning in gently and persistently, using your whole body as the 'tuning fork' to this programmable multiple oscillator/sequencer

--------------------

DivineeMotive....

#4122734 - 05/02/05 10:11 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

redgreenvines said:
the range of vibrations go from many seconds, to several thousand HZ, so I am sure you can get complete symphonies by, tuning in gently and persistently, using your whole body as the 'tuning fork' to this programmable multiple oscillator/sequencer

Aaahhhhh, you reminded me....!    I was going to play with my tuning forks last night, but I forgot....  :frown:   
(I have been curious as to figure out what tone it is I hear when I concentrate on silence....)
Oh well, perhaps tonight will have to suffice, I wouldn't change anything from last night from just the way it was....  :smile:

:sun:

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: The Seventh sense Rhythm Timing/Cadence, and Tuning in. [Re: eMotionALLmotion]
    #4122817 - 05/02/05 10:28 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I think if you find an answer to that (and you should ask it) you may have stopped listening.

--------------------

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #4122868 - 05/02/05 10:37 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

This is good stuff Red! :thumbup:

I will bring up just two items to show why this is so interesting for self understanding, at least to me.

Take smell and memory. Say you grew up spending a lot of time at your grandma's house which always smelled like Roses. Say, she always babied you. As an adult, if you are around the scent of Roses elsewhere, you memory will tie it to being babied. If you enjoyed it, you may revert to "baby me" behavior in that place and not even realize it. If you didn't like it and rebelled then you may become defiant around that smell and not even realize it.

Take the timing. On your own, your timing works for you. When you enter a group, if you don't feel out the group and recalibrate your timing to harmonize with the group, you may become the dissonant chord and catch grief and not understand why. You can take the time to recalibrate to the group and be in time and harmony with them for a more pleasurable experience.

Ya know how people say, "oh the timing wasn't right for it." If people knew how to recalibrate, they could fit anything new in on the spot. You don't have to miss out on what you want because of "timing". Timing is not fixed or set by anyone but yourself and you can self adjust.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Invisibledorkus
don't look back
    #4122963 - 05/02/05 11:04 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Are you talking about developing inner rhythm using different techniques (drumming, dancing etc)? How do you tune into these sounds? Is this what many mystics call the music of the spheres?

Is it the Silence Itself? Is silence actually sound - The Sound?

I can feel there is something very important passing me by here :grin:

Have you ever looked into Gurdjieff's consciousess-raising "dance"? Somehow I think this might tie in. He used advanced coordinated movements which could snap the dancers out of their minds into Silence through completing a chronological, strict flow of complex body-postures (body-mudras). It was like a master-composition, a ballett with purpose.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: The Seventh sense Rhythm Timing/Cadence, and Tuning in. [Re: dorkus]
    #4123069 - 05/02/05 11:32 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

these artificial rhythms are useful as keys
we already have every rhythm going in the cerebellum.

what you are missing is that we use matched coincident rhythm as a sensed element in our gestalt memory formations.

matched rhythm becomes an element in each engram, and can be as strong a cue (or stronger) than a smell or a visual etc. to stimulate recall.

the only thing I am bringing up that is new, is that the cerebellum, long known for it's role in co-ordination(, generally,) is used as a sequence generator, or multitimer sense organ specifically. This works very well in a general model for memory and learning spanning physical coordination and things as radically abstract as mathematics and intuition.

what I am saying that is new is that the sense of timing is in the cerebellum, i.e. not just usefull in telling a joke.

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #4123096 - 05/02/05 11:38 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Interesting thread, there is much here to contemplate on. :thumbup: :mushroom2:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

DivineeMotive....

Re: The Seventh sense Rhythm Timing/Cadence, and Tuning in. [Re: fireworks_god]
    #4123812 - 05/02/05 02:59 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

"Music is the electric soil in which
the spirit lives, thinks and invents."

---Ludwig Van Beethoven
Interesting to read into this and realize that WE ARE that "Electric Soil"....  :sun:

--------------------

Offlinethe_phoenix
Stranger

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    #4125345 - 05/02/05 08:55 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

In a spiritual context for many high-dose dexers, specific movements need to be made, or melodies sung, to unlock mental gates. Could the cerebellum be a key means by which channelled entities communicate/manifest?

As for hearing music in your head, it can be a common occurence in meditation. It sort of comes from within your head. Don't mistake it for noisy circuitry in the walls, though. :P If you can calibrate it correctly then you align the right and left hemispheres of your brain and can progress deeper into the meditation.

Interesting. I just picked up some info on the cerebellum:

Researcher Marianne Zezelic agrees that the skull was primarily used to stimulate and amplify the psychic abilities in its handlers. She observes: "Crystal serves as an accumulator of terrestial magnetism. By gazing at the crystal, the eyes set up a harmonic relation stimulating the magnetism collected in that portion of the brain known as the cerebellum."

The cerebellum therefore becomes a reservoir of magnetism which influences the quality of the magnetic outflow through the eyes, thus setting up a continuous flow of magnetism between gazer and crystal. The amount of energy entering the brain eventually increases to such a proportion as to affect the poles of the brain, a region extending just above the eyes, contributing to psychic phenomena.'

and

Cerebellum's Role in Motor Skill Learning

curtosy of http://www.crystalinks.com/ezine.html

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #4125585 - 05/02/05 09:48 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

redgreenvines said:
By tuning into just a few of the continuous sounds, rhythms and sequences that it plays, we are able to learn to co-ordinate very complex physical moves.

I don't know about music or dance....but I have noticed a "rhythm of life"...if you will.

we are able to learn to co-ordinate very complex physical moves

I have been putting away dishes/groceries etc...and drop something...9 times out of 10 I will catch it before it hits the ground ....without really trying to, it's more of a reflex.

It always surprises me when I catch it.

I have also noticed, in my personal, day to day life, that I have a very good sense of "rhythm/timing". I'm rarely late, I can give a person a rough idea of when I will be  wherever, and always be there within 5-10 min, and not really try.

:shrug:

--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

Offlinefresh313
journeyman
 User Gallery

#4161339 - 05/11/05 09:43 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

redgreenvines said:
A list of Senses, organs of origination and innervation:

1. Vision ? eyeballs -> incoming to visual cortex
2. Hearing (& balance) ? ears -> incoming to auditory cortex,
3. Taste ? mouth/tongue -> incoming to glottal cortex
4. Touch ? skin, muscle and bone (temperature, pain, pressure, proprioception) -> incoming.
5. Smell ? nose -> incoming to olfactory cortex
6. Memory ? cerebrum (, engrams) -> incoming [feedback] to cortex (generalized)
7. Timing/Cadence ? cerebellum (, multi-timer, rhythm matcher) -> incoming [feedback] to sensory cortex and to cortex generalized. ? (this one is usually left out or ignored)

redgreen , does the SCN/hypothalamus determine these timings/rhythms

is there a circadian timing/rhythm impact on the system?

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: The Seventh sense Rhythm Timing/Cadence, and Tuning in. [Re: fresh313]
    #4161414 - 05/11/05 10:11 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

there is a tremendous matching potential to circadian timings.
the cerebellum sustains many thousands of simultaneous rhythms each of which can be matched with some synchronous external rhythm when exposed to the sense of timing.
(these are baked in rhythms, all together it would be like a white noise generator/resonator).
but as a sense (resonator), a match causes a timing signal to the cortex from the cerebellum, and when something is learned with timing in it, that timing can be a key to recall the rest of the associated memory, body movement or otherwise.

hypothalamus pineal and pituitary can be triggered by matches, or related memories.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale