Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Agar

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
how long for this?
    #4158289 - 05/10/05 06:12 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

idk if this is accurately answerable but i use about 10% spawn to a plastic rubbermaid about the size of a small shoe box of horsie poo. im guessing it was 5 lbs of poo. im guessing im lookingf at a 16-20 day colonization period? my temp is 80-83 constantly

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: how long for this? [Re: lordoftheshroomz]
    #4158318 - 05/10/05 06:19 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

No way, if it takes that long it will likly be contamed. It should be done in 8-14 days with 10% spawn rate.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineMushroomFriend
Vargen ska fanleva!!
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Druid Peak Pack.
    #4158340 - 05/10/05 06:24 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I have 5-7 days with a 1 to 5 ratio. I can imagine it taking a day or 10 with a 1 to 10 ratio.

MF

--------------------

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Re: how long for this? [Re: MushroomFriend]
    #4158349 - 05/10/05 06:27 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

ok thanks mucho mucho much i cant wait for this to happen! :grin:

--------------------
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

OfflineMushroomFriend
Vargen ska fanleva!!
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Druid Peak Pack.
    #4158362 - 05/10/05 06:29 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I incubate at 86F though, maybe 14 days for you, but as SMR says contam risk is higher the longer it takes.

tahts why I use a 1 to 5 (or even 4) ratio, for fast spawnruns! :thumbup:

MF

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
Re: how long for this? [Re: MushroomFriend]
    #4158371 - 05/10/05 06:32 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

MushroomFriend said:
I incubate at 86F though, maybe 14 days for you, but as SMR says contam risk is higher the longer it takes.

tahts why I use a 1 to 5 (or even 4) ratio, for fast spawnruns! :thumbup:

MF

I incubate at a little lower myself..low 80's but try to keep them under 85. It gets over some I'm sure though, I'm not very exact with it. I use about 1:4 spawn ratio or more and its done in 5-7 days...

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Re: how long for this? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4158379 - 05/10/05 06:34 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

the thing is i only had enough for 10% spawn ratio and i am trying my hardest to never need to buy a spore syrigne again... im incubating at 80-83 tho cuz thats about all my incubaator can do without going too high to like 90 degrees

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #4158403 - 05/10/05 06:43 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Thats fine, I've done 10% too, and less. It was still colonized quickly. I believe the spawn rate increases the flushes too though. G2G is GREAT for stretching spores. 2 ccs into 2 quart jars (1cc in each) and when colonized split each into 12 quarts each, making 24 quarts of spawn from 2 cc's That can go to 100 quarts (about 100 pounds) of horse poo. Of course using liquid cultures and agar, spores can be stretched even further...and a single quart COULD do 50 quart jars (I've done it a couple times before) turning 2 quarts into 100 jars, which could be added to 400 pounds of poo.

--------------------

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

#4158413 - 05/10/05 06:48 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

yea im currently doing liquid cultures i have one which im sure wont be contaminated but i have a sick feeling that one of them got contaminated with cobweb... hey scatman could u inoculate poo with a liquid culture?

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #4158429 - 05/10/05 06:52 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

>could u inoculate poo with a liquid culture?

Probably, but it wouldnt work to well. Maybe if you mixed it with a heavy amount of grain it would. Its just best to use the liquid cultures to knock up grain and use that with the poo. The grain is a good part of the bulk substrate (also why you want to use a good spawn rate).

--------------------

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

#4158436 - 05/10/05 06:55 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

ok thanks a friend wanted to kno not me lol dotn get me wrong there but if it did work i woulda tried it!

--------------------

Offlinexburn
V card
    #4187549 - 05/17/05 06:07 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

hmmmmm, does it usually take a couple days to show growth after spwaning? My portabellas semm to do that. how is it PC

--------------------
Check out the official MushroomWiki at http://www.mushroomwiki.com. Stop by and contribute.

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Re: how long for this? [Re: xburn]
    #4187584 - 05/17/05 06:13 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

wow this thread is old lol i totally switched my operation over to fruiting in vitro in quart jars, jars were filled with a cup of poo and mixed with spawn. they will be allowed to colonize then i will case and fruit

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Agar

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation