Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinejcldragon
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Los Angeles
The Power of the Individual
    #4158288 - 05/10/05 06:12 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

This is my story. I'm posting this, because the essence of it might be your story, too...

http://www.jamesclairlewis.com/pages/politics/individualpower.html

The Power of the Individual

by James Clair Lewis

copyright 2005

When I was 14, VicePresident Hubert Humphrey spoke at the University of Santa Clara campus, so I walked over to hear what he had to say. I applauded his statements on Civil Rights, and Great Society programs. Then, he began speaking in favor of the VietNam War.

That is when I jumped up on my chair & called him a murderer. News crews turned cameras on me, and the Secret Service hustled me out of there. I was not arrested, because they didn't want the bad press.

Many years later, Hubert Humphrey was interviewed, & asked what had changed his mind about VietNam. He related what had happened at the University of Santa Clara in 1965. He said, "When I heard that, I knew there was something very wrong with that war".

I've always heard people say that "You can't make a difference. You can't change the system." Well, I know that I did make a difference. I changed the Vice President's mind about an important foreign policy issue. AND, that was at the very beginning of the Anti-War Movement, back in 1965, before they were even calling it the Anti-War Movement. So I want people to know just how much power we really do have. If people will just stand up, and speak their minds, they can change the world. Courage to do what is right, when it needs doing, is all we need, to take control of the system, and make it what it ought to be.

I understand that an individual can feel thwarted, overwhelmed by the System, and small. BUT, when you step outside yourself, & your personal life, and look at the Big Picture, you gain great power. Consider the possibilities, if we all took that step. It doesn't even take that many people at the forefront. We have the power to make this world anything we want it to be. We can have Liberty. We can have Prosperity. We can have Freedom. We can have Justice. We can have a system that brings out the best in every person. We can have a system that works for the betterment of every person in the entire Society.

All we need do, is to demand it. It is our right, and we do have the power to make it happen. Pay no attention to the dream killers. They are small people, afraid of their own dreams, petty, & cowardly. We are greater than that. Every single one of us, is greater than that. Step outside of yourself, and recognize the greatness that is within you. When you see that greatness, you will know your power. Take it. Use it. Be what you were intended to be, instead of a shallow copy. Embrace your Vision, and make it happen!

This is the message that Tyrants all throughout history have feared the most. Tyrants can only have power, when people give it to them. When people believe that they are insignificant, they become insignificant. When people believe that they are great, they become great. When people step outside of themselves, and recognize their power, they become powerful. Once this begins, it cannot be stopped.

Each of us has these resources within. They need only be recognized, and put into action. Everyone who has done some brave thing in their life, has already had a taste of the freedom that comes, when you recognize your true worth, and your true power. The world lies before us, and we can make of it, anything that we desire. All that is required, is that we recognize this, and then proceed to make our dreams of Liberty & Justice, more than mere dreams. Courage to see how things could be, and then using the power of your imagination to make those things happen, is what tyrants fear most, and is the Key to Freedom.

I believe we have some work to do...

This is what we need to realize in order to take our power back. This is what we need to realize, if we desire to live with Liberty, Peace & Prosperity.

All you need is Vision, and the Courage to pursue it.

--------------------
The Soul exists simultaneously throughout all of Time.
The Ego merely exists now.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleDark_Star
dick butterfly
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Under the Grecian fog
Re: The Power of the Individual [Re: jcldragon]
    #4158315 - 05/10/05 06:19 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Right on, I'm planning on writing books detailing my problems with society and hopefully bringing enough attention and changing enough minds to bring true freedom to the people.

--------------------

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Re: The Power of the Individual [Re: jcldragon]
    #4158410 - 05/10/05 06:46 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I understand, and agree, with what you are trying to say.....

but any time you do this...

Quote:

If people will just stand up, and speak their minds, they can change the world. Courage to do what is right, when it needs doing, is all we need, to take control of the system, and make it what it ought to be.

...life (the system) is gonna slap the shit out of you.  :wink:  (some/most people don't want to hear the truth)

If you really want to make a true change, your gonna have to stand up and fight more than one time and usually for a long time too...

IME

:peace:

--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

InvisibleDark_Star
dick butterfly
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Under the Grecian fog
Re: The Power of the Individual [Re: niteowl]
    #4158838 - 05/10/05 08:36 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I'm ready.  :cool:

--------------------

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Re: The Power of the Individual [Re: Dark_Star]
    #4158966 - 05/10/05 09:10 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Are you sure?

There will be sacrifices to make.

I lost my job for speaking the truth.
Saying the thing that needed to be said......just that no one else had the balls to say it.
No one would even back me up once the truth was out.

Just left me hanging.
Looking like a fool.

That was the first in a chain of events that led to me getting fired.
For speaking the truth, that no one wanted to hear/see.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion