Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineegghead1
Nakedly Open

Loc: The Womb of Love
21st Century Spirituality
    #4157349 - 05/10/05 02:08 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

People all over the world are starting to understand , deep within themselves (as forums like this show), that the so-called 'modern world' has not delivered. Although science, technology and rational thought have contributed to material and itelllectual well-being, our spiritual needs are not being met. Our inner wisdom and compassion is the only bedrock of individual spiritual happiness. They are the resonace of the deeper humanity that links all people, but we feel separated from them. Careful understanding of the present moment can bring great insight. Too often we close down that perception which can reveal to us our inner wisdom, and so we stay confined to this world, and its infinite material emenations.

Squeezed between the old and the new, past and future, we forget the constant that is there regardless ofhistory, calenders or politics, that constant is our ability to be present as both individuals and as a species to help reconnect with each other and with the gifts of nature. For this we need to allow our humility to emerge. Humility is the foundation of generosity and kindness. Finding this humility comes by encouraging simplicity and directness of action in all parts of our lives. If we can respect the society we find ourselves in (as difficult as it may be) and understand that great value can be found in where and how we are.

Anyone can understand and experience thier spiritual potential without years of any particular training. A focused and sincere heart and a direct mental focus are ofen enough to cut through the layers of conditioning. The purpose of this is simply to understand and comprehend the underlying spiritual nature of all things. From this develops an effortless way of manifesting freedom, peace, happiness and awakened concioussness.

--------------------
All you need is Love! Really thats it! Infinite Unconditional Love! Just develop that and all else will fall into place perfectly!

Edited by egghead1 (05/10/05 02:14 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineDoom
Rogue

Loc: ghost-train city
Re: 21st Century Spirituality [Re: egghead1]
    #4157401 - 05/10/05 02:20 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

ummmmm.....please define *modern world* I guess I missed the public manifesto where this so-called *modern world* sold the human race a lifetime subscription to its trademark non-spirituality.

Offlineegghead1
Nakedly Open

Re: 21st Century Spirituality [Re: Doom]
    #4157458 - 05/10/05 02:34 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Doom said:
ummmmm.....please define *modern world* I guess I missed the public manifesto where this so-called *modern world* sold the human race a lifetime subscription to its trademark non-spirituality.

You know, our 'modern society' which is based upon consumer ideals, and the notion that money, material accumlimations, and sense gratification can buy us true happiness. You know, this brave new world that's been sold to us via the media and their idiot box subsciptions! :lol:

Oh i do enjoy a good laugh :tongue: :wink:

--------------------
All you need is Love! Really thats it! Infinite Unconditional Love! Just develop that and all else will fall into place perfectly!

OfflineDoom
Rogue

Loc: ghost-train city
Re: 21st Century Spirituality [Re: egghead1]
    #4157489 - 05/10/05 02:39 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

ahhh,

I guess I must be living in a world of my own design where such a one-dimensional rendering of mass culture has yet to come into existence. But yes..one with egged shaped skulls must think in an obtuse matter.

Offlineegghead1
Nakedly Open

Re: 21st Century Spirituality [Re: Doom]
    #4157522 - 05/10/05 02:46 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Doom said:
ahhh,

I guess I must be living in a world of my own design where such a one-dimensional rendering of mass culture has yet to come into existence. But yes..one with egged shaped skulls must think in an obtuse matter.

If you have a T.V, then switch it on and see for yourself how this world is promoted, and what ideas are generally being broadcasted. I wouldnt be suprised if what is shown on the box is a direct reflection of how people view this world at large becuae people are generally conditioned by the objects of their senses. But of course, pay no attention to my one-demensional, obtuse thinking.

--------------------

Edited by egghead1 (05/10/05 03:06 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology