Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineGNIOM1498
Death Cup
 User Gallery

Loc: My home is where my spiri...
bottom layer of vermiculite
    #4155603 - 05/10/05 01:42 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Is the benefits of the bottom layer of vermiculite worth using it when casing? Since mushrooms are 90% water it seems like they need and will use as much as they can get. One thing though that has happened is when I cased with the bottom layer of vermiculite the mushrooms where 94% water. I took the wet weight and dry weight when I would use that layer of vermiculite I could times my wet weight by .06 to figure out my dry weight. But with cakes and with casings w/o the bottom verm layer it would come close to 90% water casings would be a little more water in them compared overall to cakes. Has anyone else noticed this or maybe has this happen to anyone else?

--------------------

----ALL MY POSTS ARE FICTIONAL-------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
Re: bottom layer of vermiculite [Re: GNIOM1498]
    #4156321 - 05/10/05 07:05 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

GNIOM1498 said:
I took the wet weight and dry weight when I would use that layer of vermiculite I could times my wet weight by .06 to figure out my dry weight.

:confused: :wtf: :wtf:

u would divide the dry weight by the wet weith to figure out the percentage of water...not "times" it by .06.

but i used a bottom layer of verm and got bigger shrooms idk if they were jus more water but they were bigger

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

OfflineRollen
Sexier then theaverage noob

Re: bottom layer of vermiculite [Re: GNIOM1498]
    #4156389 - 05/10/05 08:33 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I never tried a casing without a bottom layer so I can't say I know what difference it makes or not, but I have always used a layer or verm on the bottom.  Anything that holds more water for my babies to grow is A-OK in my book  :cool:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation