Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!
It's my first grow and me jars are still incubating, I only got one contaminated jar ( out of six ) NEAT! anyways, I have come to the conclusion that this nasty blue fuzz is no sort of bruising and it is indeed mold. My question is, well actually it's already asked in the subject header, but to be more specific the one thing I really wanted to know is wether or not I could use the mycelium in the infected jar to colonize other jars. It seems like a waste to toss a jar that is about 80% colonized and only has a few blue spots. Hit me up with any ideas, answers, comments, etc. Peace!
-------------------- When I try to get through,
On the telephone to you,
There'll be nobody home...
mycelium often has a tendancy to develop a mild bluish hue naturally. If youre sure thats not the problem and it is infected then just throw it out. If theres mold anywhere than the entire mycellial network could be contaminated, and there are several types of mold that have been known to grow on mushroom cakes that even contact with can lead to a slow and painful death. Just don't fuck with it. cut your losses and move on.
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: RogerRabbit, cronicr, Pastywhyte 777 topic views. 1 members, 6 guests and 4 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Toggle Favorite | Print Topic | Stats ]