Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: I suck really bad >_< Help Please :( *pics* [Re: Kaydren]
    #4154042 - 05/09/05 04:05 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

PM me if you want a print, just in case its genetics.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJuan_del_Pueblo
Mr.Papashroom
 User Gallery

Re: I suck really bad >_< Help Please :( *pics* [Re: Wronguy]
    #4154057 - 05/09/05 04:09 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I've actually had that problem b4. There's only one way to get those cakes to do anything at this point, bury them! Make sure you skin them 1st. It's a combination of contams with high humidity. When your humidity is way to high, like with the PuertoRican's, you'll get the crazy spaghetti like mycelia as shown in RK's pic. I've seen it happen when mycelia piss or spaghetti myc form and you change your RH levels. The piss will dry up and change color like in your 1st 2 pix and then create the contams. It's almost as you melted the mushies and stopped the cakes from breathing. I'm sure if you smell them, they probably don't smell 2 good. If you would have keep the RH constant you probably would have the same Kind of pic that RK had, but the RH level WAS changed possibly to dry them a bit and those cakes are the result. Someone is messing with your temps...

I hope that made sense.

--------------------
Don't I look like I'm serious...

OfflineCLUTCH
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: I suck really bad >_< Help Please :( *pics* [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #4154084 - 05/09/05 04:18 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
Also i will fruit cakes and casings in the same chamber without any problems, I take that back, they can get a little overgrown but if you time things right i don't have any problems with it affecting my pinset.

Hawksapprentice,  I was just wondering what the tricky timing requirements are that you try to meet to get the cakes and cases to work together in the same chamber are?  Do you try to start the cakes first, then the cases last in hopes that the cakes will be completed when the cases start to pin?  If so, how does this affect the next flushes for both, since the cakes like higher RH?  Any other tips on that?

ps., sorry in advance Kaydren if this thread gets hijacked. :tongue2:

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: I suck really bad >_< Help Please :( *pics* [Re: CLUTCH]
    #4154247 - 05/09/05 04:59 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

CLUTCH said:
Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
Also i will fruit cakes and casings in the same chamber without any problems, I take that back, they can get a little overgrown but if you time things right i don't have any problems with it affecting my pinset.

Hawksapprentice,  I was just wondering what the tricky timing requirements are that you try to meet to get the cakes and cases to work together in the same chamber are?  Do you try to start the cakes first, then the cases last in hopes that the cakes will be completed when the cases start to pin?  If so, how does this affect the next flushes for both, since the cakes like higher RH?  Any other tips on that?

ps., sorry in advance Kaydren if this thread gets hijacked. :tongue2:

Your thinking to much. Just get a big chamber and humidify it (85-99%) and add fresh air and stick a casing or cake in an open spot....when its ready, harvest it, and refruit it. Then after 2-5 flushes, toss it and you have a new open spot for a new cake or casing. They dont all have to be started at the same time.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineKaydren
Mystic Hunter
 User Gallery
Re: I suck really bad >_< Help Please :( *pics* [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4154298 - 05/09/05 05:10 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Rk I think I will do that, Maybe tomorrow, and whip up a new batch of LC >_<  Thx guys! :laugh:

--------------------
----I excel in not giving a shit...

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
    #4154818 - 05/09/05 07:48 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I love that, i would still rather have him thinking too much than reading too little.

What i meant, Clutch, was the timming from casing your cakesto vegging, sorry i call incubating vegging, to fruiting. I usually put it into the fruiting chamber a little bit sooner if im putting them at 95-99% percent humidity.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

OfflineKaydren
Mystic Hunter
 User Gallery
    #4154918 - 05/09/05 08:12 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Hey guys, I just hacked off all the hard layer and holy crap!!! It was T O U G H my exacto knife wouldnt even pierce it, I finally tore it off, and now I have mycelium skin and some cakes being dunked in the fridge, so Im going to probably case them, maybe in one big bulk? like birth 2 of them and throw 5 cakes into a tub and try that? Oh and is it safe to eat this mycelium skin? Im going to scrape off all the verm, but is it alright to eat or no?

--------------------

OfflineGregHimself
Just a guyobssesed withshroomies.
Male User Gallery

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
    #4155029 - 05/09/05 08:52 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Well, from what limited knowledge anyone seems to have of this particular problem and the chance that it may indeed be contam ridden, and the fact that an exacto knife had a hard time peircing that sking, i wouls stay right the hell away from it, start with new gentics and try your grow again. Just my two cents man, oh yah, and i agree with whoever said to just bury the damn things. Later.

--------------------
"The key to successful cultivation is to match the skills of the cultivator with the right strain on the proper substrate under ideal environmental conditions."
Paul Stamets
Growing Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms(Third Edition)

OfflineKaydren
Mystic Hunter
 User Gallery
    #4155177 - 05/09/05 09:34 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I dunno man, but the thought of it disgusts me, but would I trip if I ate this crap? most likely Id get really sick eh?

--------------------

OfflineGregHimself
Male User Gallery

#4155188 - 05/09/05 09:37 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

well usually there isnt much psilocybin in a cake that hasnt fruited, but if it bruises blue when u cut it off there is SOME psilocybin/psilocin in there somehwere...lue=you MAY trip but is it really worth the health factors involved?

--------------------
"The key to successful cultivation is to match the skills of the cultivator with the right strain on the proper substrate under ideal environmental conditions."
Paul Stamets

OfflineKaydren
Mystic Hunter
 User Gallery
Re: I suck really bad >_< Help Please :( *pics* [Re: GregHimself]
    #4155231 - 05/09/05 09:52 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Good point, alright, tossing them as we speak! :smile:  I hope that it was just this time and not genetically, we shall see though...  Ive got the 7 cakes without skin  being dunked, theyre fully colonized inside though, so Im hoping when I birth 3 of em and case 4 of em that it will all be fixed :smile:

--------------------

OfflineGregHimself
Male User Gallery

#4155256 - 05/09/05 09:59 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

It almost sounds like you got some overlay on those cakes somehow..did you roll them in verm and have the temps up really high again like incubation temps for a while?

--------------------
Paul Stamets

OfflineKaydren
Mystic Hunter
 User Gallery
    #4155266 - 05/09/05 10:01 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah I was thinking the overlay thing too! I dunk and rolled em, but if anything the temps went really LOW to like the 60s Maybe Im just special?

--------------------

OfflineGregHimself
Male User Gallery

#4155277 - 05/09/05 10:03 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

yah i duno....sue is wierd though bro.

--------------------
Paul Stamets

OfflineJuan_del_Pueblo
Mr.Papashroom
 User Gallery

#4155433 - 05/09/05 10:46 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Don't do it, Don't be so desperate bro your almost there. Try flat cake tek. You might get some mushies, at this point you have nothing to lose, so experiment.

--------------------
Don't I look like I'm serious...

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale