Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinemadoo14
Stranger
 User Gallery
Incubator/ Growth Question
    #4154203 - 05/09/05 06:50 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I've been incubating my jars for about three weeks and have 3 with substantial growth

, 2 with little growth that has slowed practically to a halt

, and 7 with absolutely no growth. Int the beginning I was worried about my substrate being too moist but I was told not to worry about it, was I informed incorrectly? I started with a TiT but I was not getting enough heat so I moved to a heatbomb setup. The large amount of condensation worried me though, so I looked around a found a tip to cover it with aluminum foil (I also added some bleach to the water)

. I was wondering if the drops in heat I experienced and the large amount of condenstation in the tub could be the cause of my slow growth and if once my heat gets higher and is more consistent will growth speed up. Also, if my jars are unable to fully colonize, can I take the colonized portion and use it to case?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinelowdominion
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: new england
Re: Incubator/ Growth Question [Re: madoo14]
    #4154321 - 05/09/05 07:18 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

yes consistency in tempeture is a major factor in getting a fast colonization time and could be the cause of the excess moisture in jars work on getting a consistent temp and the jars will hopefully take off again

InvisibleTheStudent
Learning
 User Gallery
Re: Incubator/ Growth Question [Re: lowdominion]
    #4154366 - 05/09/05 07:31 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

--I don't mean to hi-jack this thread...I just hate starting new thread's when there are so many similar to my own question. Hope you don't mind...

--I take it a glove-box ad's a considerable amount of sterility to growing. So would you all recommend I take the time to make one?

--My setup will be TheTeacher(or whatever strain is highly recommended for quantity.) TiT Incubation, Karo TeK, Caseing will be DoubleTub H/P or grain(whatever is more recommended.)

-Thx,
TheStudent

Offlinemadoo14
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Incubator/ Growth Question [Re: TheStudent]
    #4161041 - 05/11/05 10:24 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I checked them today and it seems like I am getting much less heat with the foil on top. I put two pillow and a towel in there for some insulation but could my fish tank heater be the problem? I took off the foil and noticed the piot light was off but when I moved the water around it came on immediately. I'm going to pick up a decent thermometer to get some more precise temps.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation