Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleShnezbit
Psycho-naught
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Threshold.
how do these cakes look?-updated5/14 fruited(braz-brf/millet flr./rye flr.)
    #4125156 - 05/02/05 08:14 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

im wondering if they are developing cobweb or if its just healthy myc. these are equal mix of brf/millet flour/rye flour (-'braz.') i put them in the fruiting chamber about 1 week ago now.

*********update 5/9/05**********
ok so lots of pins now. 1 cake i picked today except for a few pins im hoping might produce. trying to end up dunking them together so im holding off. plus i wanna hook up another air stick. considering getting a stronger pump cause i think these things would be bigger if i could have more air...plus more air would bring down my rh. still waiting for my poo in the mail but that i hope will make it in this chamber in  about 1 week and a half. hoping to increase air by then and bring down rh.  theres that 1 cap all splitting apart and the stem on another 1 is spliting. i guess thats too much rh not enough air.
so yea...these came out kinda small, like 3-4 inches. im interested to compare the effects to standard brf since these are millet flour-rye flour and brf.

the dry wieght of this 1 cake turned out to be 3 grams.

*********5/12/05(on5/14 i added total yield shots)************
                    ok here is an update. here they are tuesday, 5/10:

and here they are today:

some growth ha!?

so i decided to pick them and dunk the cakes today. i wanted to do all 5 together so i can add another air stick in there.
as you can see earlier in this thread i picked the first cake already. here is cake #2:

now cake#3:

cake#4:

cake#5(this one i should have left another day..some of those would have grown nicer...but as i said i wanted to dunk them all together and today is better for me to do that rather than tommorrow):

here is the total yield shots:

the total dry weight of all 5 cakes is 16.5 grams

:mushroom2:

Edited by Shnezbit (05/14/05 09:28 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
Re: how do these cakes look? [Re: Shnezbit]
    #4125178 - 05/02/05 08:19 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

theys hould pinn any day now depending on ure humidity temps and air exchange

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

Edited by lordoftheshroomz (05/02/05 08:19 PM)

InvisibleShnezbit
Psycho-naught
Male User Gallery

Re: how do these cakes look? [Re: lordoftheshroomz]
    #4125194 - 05/02/05 08:23 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

its a pmp setup. the hygrometors read 99% on 1 and just 'hi' on the other. they seem so flufy that im nervous there is too much humidity. but doesn't cobweb result from hi humid but not good air exchange? the air pump im using seems to be doing a good job. the chamber smells nice and fresh.

OfflineMighty Bop
Big Boy

Loc: Nowhere
    #4125630 - 05/02/05 10:01 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I am in the same situation as you man. I am coming up on one week, although my cakes don't really look fluffy. We look like we have the same rubbermaid tub too :smile: Check out the thread with pics:

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...c6ed51561d1fa4f

Anyways, I'm not sure how long it will take but I have some more backup jars colonizing as we speak so we shall see................

--------------------
I got a buddy with United Fruit, get ya started...

Trade List

InvisibleShnezbit
Psycho-naught
Male User Gallery

Re: how do these cakes look? [Re: Mighty Bop]
    #4129105 - 05/03/05 06:36 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

hey thanks for the support mighty bop and gl 2 u too!
i see some very tiny pins on one cake today and some 'white coton ball' looking things on the others. but im still wondering if the fuzzyness is ok or if they are developoing cobweb. the cotton balls are under the fuzzyness right now.

Offlinejamsandwich
Male
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
    #4129138 - 05/03/05 06:45 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

i see pins in the first picture, although its tough to tell the image is somewhat fuzzy, so in a week you should have shrooms off that one at least. the others should follow shortly. Almost there! Keep patient and before you know it there will be shrooms in your hand.

On a side note:
Is it not reccommended to put those cakes on tin foil instead of right on your water rocks (perlite substitute)? For some reason i remember being told not to.

--------------------
8 years now! lol

InvisibleShnezbit
Psycho-naught
Male User Gallery

Re: how do these cakes look? [Re: jamsandwich]
    #4129168 - 05/03/05 06:53 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

thanks for the bode of confidence jamsandwich.
still wondering if the fuzzyness is bad though.
as far as leaving them on the rocks i read in the pmp tek in the archives by magash that its ok to leave the cakes on the rocks but not on perlite. i double checked this in a question in one of my posts and i was told this is indeed ok. the cakes grow rhyso spikes which reach onto the rocks and funnel water into the cakes. not good to do with perlite though.

Invisibledeathbychimney
45th GenerationRoman
    #4129178 - 05/03/05 06:55 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

i believe it's because the cakes will not absorb any of the water wicked up by the geolite/hydroton

some people seem to like to keep their cakes on something though, i presume because they don't want to clean mycelium off their rocks

--------------------
diarrhea takes over your life

InvisibleShnezbit
Psycho-naught
Male User Gallery

#4129185 - 05/03/05 06:56 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

o, and those aren't pins in that first pic.(sorry my camera sux/or i just dont know how to get decent pics from it). they are rhyzo spikes reaching into the air and chaneling the humidity in the air into the cake. all the cakes are doing this which i thought is pretty cool.

Offlinejamsandwich
Male
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
    #4129226 - 05/03/05 07:05 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

hmm thats interesting. I am not familiar with hydroton at all, im using perlite for my cakes. I would keep misting and fanning them and giving them light. Its been prescribed millions of times and it worked out quite well for me (pinned 2 days after dunk). Good luck to you.

--------------------
8 years now! lol

InvisibleShnezbit
Psycho-naught
Male User Gallery

#4129248 - 05/03/05 07:10 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

well im not misting and fanning them because its in a pmp (my first time ever using one) and aparantly, according to magash and many responders in that thread, you dont need to mist and fan...just let the pmp do its job. i know i shouldnt touch the cakes but i did pick a piece of verm off a cake or two and they were still moist. i think the humidity is pretty high....wondering if maybe its too humid 'cause as i stated all along im concerned about the fluffyness.

InvisibleImOver18
FormerlyMr.Sleep

#4129364 - 05/03/05 07:38 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

When I had a PMP I still found my self fanning and misting, and got great results, just using the PMP method for me did not work at all. If you have the time, you really might as well fan them in my opinion, I got great results doing that. Those cakes look great by the way they'll pin soon, I bet it seems like it's taking forever. Haha.

InvisibleShnezbit
Psycho-naught
Male User Gallery

Re: how do these cakes look? [Re: ImOver18]
    #4129389 - 05/03/05 07:46 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

thanks imover18. i wasnt so worried about the time its taking as i am if the fluffyness is bad. but im glad 2 hear u say they look good. for now im seeing if the pmp will work by itself, without fanning and misting. i guess ill know soon enough how it works that way.

InvisibleImOver18
FormerlyMr.Sleep

#4143320 - 05/06/05 04:52 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah no problem, the fluffyness is fine, they look really healthy to me. What's the set up of your PMP? How long are the air sticks and are you using a dual air pump or anything? I'm just curious. Have the cakes started to knot/pin at all yet?

InvisibleShnezbit
Psycho-naught
Male User Gallery

#4143543 - 05/06/05 06:05 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

the set up of my pump is that i have 1 long air stick across the bottom center. i forget the stats of the air pump but i remember the box said it is possible to slpit it into 4 sticks. i at first split it into 2 sticks but i found it was louder and i need it to be stealthy. but since then ive managed to muffle the sound considerably so when i get the chance im gonna try 2 sticks again. the pump is at maximum air flow. it seems nice and fresh in there.
the cakes are pinning now  :grin: they seem to be doing pretty good. they are not any more fluffy. lots of pins on each cake. hopfully no aborts.
o yea, they are braz. on one cake the caps of the pins have leopard like spots. i dont think its contam though. just a darker brown for the spots. the stems have some brown streaks to them too.

InvisibleImOver18
FormerlyMr.Sleep

#4143995 - 05/06/05 08:16 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, the streaks are just from the high humidity, doesn't really matter if they're there or not, at least in my opinion. That's probably the same case with the caps. Can't wait for pics. Sweet, peace.

InvisibleShnezbit
Psycho-naught
Male User Gallery

#4144470 - 05/06/05 11:04 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

yea ill post pics on mon or tue, they should be looking nice by then.

InvisibleShnezbit
Psycho-naught
Male User Gallery

Re: how do these cakes look?-updated 5-9 [Re: Shnezbit]
    #4154137 - 05/09/05 04:30 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

started 5-2 updated 5-9 in first post(still learning how to do a grow log...sorry)

Edited by Shnezbit (05/10/05 02:54 PM)

InvisibleImOver18
FormerlyMr.Sleep

Re: how do these cakes look?-updated 5-9 [Re: Shnezbit]
    #4159479 - 05/10/05 08:46 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Sweet, they look nice.

InvisibleShnezbit
Psycho-naught
Male User Gallery

Re: how do these cakes look?-updated 5-9 [Re: ImOver18]
    #4159537 - 05/10/05 09:01 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

thanks. i was thinking of putting up more pics tommorrow, they should be ready for picking then or maybe thursday...i guess ill see. but b 4 i pick them ill get pics and post the results. that 1 cake weighed 3 grams dry. im fanning by hand a few times a day now and it seems to be helping...i see them getting bigger than the 1st cake i picked.

also....today i spawned my tenn stud poo. man i cant wait for that. of course ill be posting those fruits when they come. still im looking forward to eating some of the fruits of these cakes to see if they have a different feeling from standard brf. and if all goes well ill taste the poo shrooms and find out how different they are from everything else.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds