Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Calcium Carbonate, Coir, Peat, Perlite, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinemushmush2
Stranger
Advice on whate technique to use after jars matured
    #4150431 - 05/08/05 03:48 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Alright heres the deal, I just inoculated my first jars ever last night (B+) they are now in an incubator witch is at about 83 degrees.

Im just curious on witch sort of technique i should use after the jars have fully matured. Would you guys recomend just a simple cake dump over perlite or some sort of casing technique? Also i have a question about the perlite should that be sterilized? and if so would the microwave sterilization technique work?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleNeedMoreSleep
OCD = 100%Sterility :-)

Loc: One Inch ↑
Re: Advice on whate technique to use after jars matured [Re: mushmush2]
    #4150504 - 05/08/05 05:22 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Since its your first time, and you've got plenty of jars, I'd suggest birthing half of them as cakes, and half cased.  Dunk and roll the cakes, and case the casings w/ verm, peat/verm, or coir/verm.  I've never sterilized my perlite, but thats up to you... GL bro :stoned:

--------------------

"Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil,
which we must fear most. And that is... the indifference of good men."
-Boondock Saints

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
Re: Advice on whate technique to use after jars matured [Re: NeedMoreSleep]
    #4150535 - 05/08/05 05:31 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

even though its ure first time i suggest breaking them up and mixing them with pasturized horse poo, let that colonize fully, then case it with 50% peat moss/ 50% vermiculite with some calcium carbonate added. then treat it like u would any other casing after that

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Re: Advice on whate technique to use after jars matured [Re: lordoftheshroomz]
    #4150540 - 05/08/05 05:32 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

sterilizing the perlite isnt necesary if its right out of the bag

--------------------
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

OfflineSammy
Between the fold

Loc: you'll shoot yer eye out ...
    #4150608 - 05/08/05 05:54 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

My opinion: Do 1/2 of them cakes 1/2 casings as described above. This will do a few things for you. Cakes are pretty much full proof once they get out of the jars. Just pop em' in under light + humidity and they're set. Then you get some knowledge on the growing cycle of your mushie. Casings are all good too. No matter if you're doing straight casings, or spawning (adding) cakes to horse poo and/or straw, you still learn all there is to know about casings pretty quick. Just make sure to ask a bunch of questions, but make sure to read read read the FAQ's (The button located on the top right side of every page on the shroomery).

Not many people do the horse doo the first time. But after doing horse doo for my first time (i've grown many many cakes before) I know it's easy as pie.

Good luck, welcome to the shroomery!

Sam

--------------------

I believe in the Golden Rule ? The Man with the Gold . . . Rules.
- Mr. T

OfflineOddish
Bulbasaur!
Male

#4150615 - 05/08/05 05:57 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I agree with making half of them cakes and the other half casings. Good luck on your grow!  :cool:

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Re: Advice on whate technique to use after jars matured [Re: Oddish]
    #4150619 - 05/08/05 05:58 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

at least try some on horse poo i swear its worth it

--------------------

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

#4150621 - 05/08/05 05:59 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------

Offlinemushmush2
Stranger
    #4150652 - 05/08/05 06:07 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks guys, i think ill do what you say and try half and half. Where can i find this "pasturized horse poo." at just like a garden store?

OfflineGatorB
Stranger
Loc: Southeast Tennessee
    #4150655 - 05/08/05 06:07 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Naw, get your shovel and do it yourself. :smile:

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

#4150665 - 05/08/05 06:10 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

no go to a horse farm and ask for some manure, when u get it put a shoebox sized ammount in a pillowcase then submerge in 175 degree water for 1 hour. when thats done squeeze all excess water out of the poo and let it cool overnight. when thats done, mix in the broken up cakes nice and evenly. then let it colonize for about 7-10 days or until fully colonized. then case it and treat it like u would a normal casing

--------------------

OfflineSammy
Between the fold

Loc: you'll shoot yer eye out ...
Re: Advice on whate technique to use after jars matured [Re: GatorB]
    #4150673 - 05/08/05 06:12 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

mushmush2. You may order this 'pasturized horse poo' from some of the Shroomery sponsors. High Mountain Compost sells EXCELLENT compost, and I've heard Tennessee Stud sells great pre pasturized doo.

But, I'd just search for Roadkill's post the Horse Poo Tek (which also from what I've heard.. works with cow poo too)

He's right, horse poo will give you some awesome yields and potent shroomies. It's up to you where to start really. I just think that when you do bulk, you should know how to do PF cakes first.

Agar, a great member on here.. has never done PF cakes himself. I guess he just started on casings and bulks. So to each his own.
Sam

--------------------

I believe in the Golden Rule ? The Man with the Gold . . . Rules.
- Mr. T

Offlinemushmush2
Stranger
Re: Advice on whate technique to use after jars matured [Re: Sammy]
    #4150713 - 05/08/05 07:12 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Will do Gaotor. Do you guy think it would be a problem to remove the tin foil on top of my lids and just put electrical tape over the holes?, so that i can view my jars easier

OfflineOddish
Bulbasaur!
Male

#4150770 - 05/08/05 07:34 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

mushmush2 said:
Will do Gaotor. Do you guy think it would be a problem to remove the tin foil on top of my lids and just put electrical tape over the holes?, so that i can view my jars easier

You could just remove the foil and put a coffee filter over the top if you wanted. Let them get some air exchange.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Calcium Carbonate, Coir, Peat, Perlite, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation