Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekira
Stranger
need help with Psilocybe Azurescens
    #4149871 - 05/08/05 10:38 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Ok after reciving a very weak print of this specie (I understand that weak print is standard for this specie?!?), anyways I did 5 petri dishes with maltagar and tried to get spores to the agar by using a innnoculation loop (put the loop on sterilized agar, then onthe print and then into the petri dish) , today is 4 days later. There is one petri dish with sign of mycelium in the middle of the dish, no other show any sign of anything.

however, theonepetri dish with mycelium has also sign of contams but the contam and mycelium is 2 cm apart from each other.

So my problem is, if the contam consume the mycelium i do not have any other prints or anythingto start over with (could be that the other dishes starts growing i dont know) so I want to try to save this one. I am also a beginner when it comes to working with agar and I do not have a floowhood or a glove box. I do my work in the oven.

Should I open the dish and cut away thecontam
should I cut off mycelium and put it into a newdish with agar
should I do it now or let the myc grows more before I do this, the spot with mycelium is around 6-8 mm in size so its not much to work with..

any other suggestions or advices?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
Re: need help with Psilocybe Azurescens [Re: kira]
    #4149917 - 05/08/05 10:55 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

build a glove box...your gonna get contams doing the oven tek.
your better off doing an open air transfer...in a clean room with no drafts...than in your oven.

I'd cut out the mycelium and transfer it to another petri dish.

tc

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Offlinekira
Stranger
Re: need help with Psilocybe Azurescens [Re: Roadkill]
    #4149952 - 05/08/05 11:14 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

yes building a glove box is on my list :smile: I will re concider the use of oven tek in the future.  I will next time try to instead find a clean place to work like you say.

Thanks, but would you cut off the mycleium now when its so small or would you allow the mycelium to grow more before a transfer?

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Loc: N38.93829W119.98108
Trusted Cultivator
    #4149956 - 05/08/05 11:16 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

make a spore syringe from the print then knock up saw dust/ bran jars. I have never had a problem using an outdoor print when making a clena syringe

--------------------
Stop experimenting half way through your first grow. Grow it to maturity, watch it, learn from it. Do this a few times then experiment with different ideas and figure out what works best for you.

My Legacy
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/22140987#22140987

Teh=The
I need to proofread

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

Re: need help with Psilocybe Azurescens [Re: tahoe]
    #4149962 - 05/08/05 11:18 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

If its a very light print as the person stated i dont think a spore syring will be the best bet. If its on and index card any way.

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
    #4149966 - 05/08/05 11:19 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Thanks, but would you cut off the mycleium now when its so small or would you allow the mycelium to grow more before a transfer?

I do it now.

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Offlinekira
Stranger
    #4150065 - 05/08/05 11:51 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

tahoe said:
make a spore syringe from the print then knock up saw dust/ bran jars. I have never had a problem using an outdoor print when making a clena syringe

From what I understand spores germinate very poorly on wood but need to be innoculkated into more nutrius media like grain if not agar is to be used, correct me if im wrong. this info i have from fungifun.org.

Thanks again, roadkill :=)

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Loc: N38.93829W119.98108
Trusted Cultivator
    #4150162 - 05/08/05 12:28 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

hence why i said a sawdust bran mixture like stamets recomends. Here is ps az on the mixture inoculated with a spore syringe made from a wild print. The little specs are the bran and the others are the wood chips. Stamets recomends the wood chips-saw dust:bran ratio as 4:1 but i use 6:1 becasue the other is a little rich.

--------------------
Stop experimenting half way through your first grow. Grow it to maturity, watch it, learn from it. Do this a few times then experiment with different ideas and figure out what works best for you.

My Legacy
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/22140987#22140987

Teh=The
I need to proofread

OfflineMushroomFriend
I smell a conspiracy!
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Druid Peak Pack.
    #4150240 - 05/08/05 12:46 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I also had a syringe made from a wild print. I made half pint jars with beech chips and a tablespoon of whole brown rice.
Verm layer on top, just like PF.

After 3 weeks I had 5 colonized jars. One had trich, but the Azures stopped the trich.
I spawned the jars to more beech chips. And burried some this week in my garden and a local forest.

No oven no glovebox no flowhood, no h2o2 vinagre etc.

Imho azures are strong, the first steps one needs sterility. I pc-ed the jars. Ofcourse I held a lighter under the syringes needle, and wiped with alcohol. I boiled and soaked the chips where i spawned the jars to.

MF

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags