Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
Drugs funding secret wars around the globe!
    #4145496 - 05/07/05 09:35 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Why does our government continue to make drugs illegal which they know creates dealers, pushers and users.

If drugs were legalised then there wouldn't be half the novelty for getting high. Half the amount of drug related crimes and half the amount of users.

Why does our government leave us in such a state? Why allow dealers to exist at all, when regulation has been shown to be a better method.

Why label one drug as heroin and allow it to be sold to fund further crime world over and label another as codiene and put opiate extracts in about 90% of prescription pain killers.

Our general public does not realise that heroin and codiene both come from the same plant and have similar effects.

My question is why? It is obviouse that our gov has the resource and knowledge to know what they have done.

a) As the modern world evolved we made a mistake that will be very hard to change because no party wants to lose power to the majority belief that drugs should remain illegal.

or

b) The gov is actually at the top of the drug distribution chain and keeping drugs illegal allows the 'black profits' to be easily diverted into secret government projects

Some people have suggested niaveness but I will never believe that for a second!

I'm interested in starting a website, possibly, that endeavors to get to the bottom of this problem and the lobby the government and educate the public, for change!!!

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
Re: Drugs funding secret wars around the globe! [Re: Ego Death]
    #4145538 - 05/07/05 10:02 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Isn't it obvious?? They don't care about the people. They just want power and control. It's pretty simple, and fucking sad.......

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: Drugs funding secret wars around the globe! [Re: barfightlard]
    #4145837 - 05/07/05 11:23 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

bellylard said:
Isn't it obvious?? They don't care about the people. They just want power and control. It's pretty simple, and fucking sad.......

--------------------

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
Re: Drugs funding secret wars around the globe! [Re: barfightlard]
    #4145952 - 05/07/05 11:43 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Its obvious that they care one hell of alot about the people.

If the people clued on collectively then we would over throw the government.

This is my point, they are building a prison system all around us under the ruse of democracy.

--------------------

InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
    #4146028 - 05/07/05 11:54 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

bellylard said:
Isn't it obvious??  They don't care about the people.  They just want power and control.  It's pretty simple, and fucking sad.......

:thumbup:

Not much of a ruse, it's a constitutional republic... people often confuse it with a democracy... it's more of a republic then a democracy, especially if we are to look at the election of the "top dog" in respect to the electoral college where majority is a null factor involved in the process, and the true deciding factors are those within the electoral college.

:confused: No need to overthrow a government, most have great foundations... the house just needs to be remodeled, and some of the old furniture taken out.

The issue with transitional governmental models, is that more often then not the stated cause isn't the actual affect... that is that once power is secured, it's merely a copy of the former, especially in cases of democratic overthrows. Work in the same model that was previously utilized, only make vast changes, and excessive clear cut restrictions on retention and utilization of power that cannot be amended.

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4146448 - 05/07/05 12:58 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

It's because of tradition. For the same reason conservative judges are afraid to overthrow Roe v. Wade, many liberal politicians are afraid to fight for decriminalization. Our society is engrained with the idea that drugs are bad. If they were to all of the sudden be legalized, I think things would be out of control for a bit.

If things are to be changed, they should be changed slowly. First TRUE education about drugs, then decriminalization, then legalization.

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
Re: Drugs funding secret wars around the globe! [Re: Redstorm]
    #4146824 - 05/07/05 01:58 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Exactly, with our current mentality legalzing all drugs would be a very bad idea. Like you said it would have to be done slowly and thoughtfuly....

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Drugs funding secret wars around the globe! [Re: Redstorm]
    #4147580 - 05/07/05 04:13 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

> It's because of tradition.

What? Of thirty some-odd years?

> I think things would be out of control for a bit

Why? In most places that drugs are legalized, the use actually goes down rather than up. People that want drugs are already getting them. Are you saying that people that are currently not using drugs would somehow become polluted by them causing problems if they had legal access to them? The long arm of fear that the government has created with respect to drug use rears its ugly head here... "Don't make them legal because the people won't be able to handle it!"

> If things are to be changed, they should be changed slowly.

I think you are overestimating the stupidity of people... of course, I may be underestimating as well. I just don't think it would be as big of a problem as people make it out to be. The big time drug users could now get quality drugs of known strength and purity creating fewer problems. Most people that don't use drugs will continue to not use drugs. A few might experiment, and of those a few might die from OD/lack of education... but then we have new drug users every day that have the same problem. I assume drugs would still be illegal for children, just as alcohol (also a drug!) is illegal for children now.

> I think things would be out of control for a bit

I don't even think it is about power or control, but rather money. There is too much money at stake for the people in charge to loose should drugs be legalized. I would like to think that there is some big conspiracy or what-not, but I am afraid that when you get down to it, greed is the real culprit. (I have been wrong before...)

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Drugs funding secret wars around the globe! [Re: Seuss]
    #4148556 - 05/07/05 10:17 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I agree to disagree. :wink:

I feel that in all reality, these last 30 years have done more than 30 years worth of damage to educating people about drugs.

Also, about people using less drugs after it is legalized; I don't think this would be the case in the US. In my opinion, it'd be just like the child who is never allowed freedom then kills himself binge drinking when he gets to college. I don't think people could responsibly use complete freedom over drugs all at once. It's too bad, though, b/c I would really like to see something like this happen in my lifetime.

I'm a huge advocate of personal autonomy, so I abhor any government intervention in matters like these. I've just seen too much institutional garbage put in the way of progress during my 20 years on this Earth to be very hopeful.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order