Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTokagekobushi
Low RankingPsychonaut

Loc: Blitzed out of my skull
Strange syringe
    #4145471 - 05/07/05 09:26 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

About 3-4 weeks ago, I made up a spore syringe from like, 6 small caps.
The procedure that I used to get it was, I put on gloves, sterilized the enviroment, and all tools. I opened the tin foil that had the prints, and filled a film canister with distilled water. I took a q-tip, and dipped it into the water, and them smeared it onto the prints, picking up a thick coating of the spores. I them rubbed the q-tip in the inside of the film cannister under the water, until the q-tip looked almost clean. I proceded to do this until all the prints were gone.
(i know i used waay too much spores in this, as the water was a deep purple color when I was done)
My quesiton is, a few days ago, when i went to use the spores, there was a thick layer of stuff on the side of the syringe that it was laying on. I pulled the lunger and took in a little air, and shook it up. Eventually I got the layer off the side, but now there's chunks of stuff floating in the water. Does this sound like a viable source of spores to you guys? I mean, I would consider myself a fairly knowledgeable source of info about the fungus itself, but this is my first time preparing a syringe.

--------------------
"Mans unfailing capacity to beleive what he prefers to be true, rather than what evidence proves to be likely and possible, has always astounded me. We longe for a caring universe that will save us from our childish mistakes, and in the face of mountains of evidence to the contrary, we will pin all our hopes on the slimmest doubts. God hasnt been proven not to exist, therefore, he must exist!"

"Einstein would turn over in his grave! Not only does God play dice, but the dice are loaded."

"Some would ask, Why would a perfect god create a universe that if filled with so much evil. They have missed a greater conumdrum. Why would a perfect god create a universe at all?"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Strange syringe [Re: Tokagekobushi]
    #4145480 - 05/07/05 09:29 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Does this sound like a viable source of spores to you guys?

No

read some teks.

http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/22995

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Offlinepsilocyben
bad guy

#4145481 - 05/07/05 09:29 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Tokagekobushi said:
I would consider myself a fairly knowledgeable source of info about the fungus itself, but this is my first time preparing a syringe.

http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/22995

--------------------

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Strange syringe [Re: psilocyben]
    #4145484 - 05/07/05 09:30 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

jinx!~

you owe me a beer!~

:smile:

--------------------
Laterz, Road

You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:

Offlinepsilocyben
bad guy

Re: Strange syringe [Re: Roadkill]
    #4145488 - 05/07/05 09:31 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

:beer:
this'll have to do for now

--------------------

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
    #4145610 - 05/07/05 10:26 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

It may not be an orthodox way of making a syringe. But you should try to use it anyways.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

Invisibleno-tone
Enema Bag Jones

Loc: Warm, Moist and Dark
Re: Strange syringe [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #4145766 - 05/07/05 11:13 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Why would he use a syringe that is sure to fail? It would only be a discouragement to find that the 12 jars you knocked up were contammed because someone on this bulletin board suggested he use it anyway.

Dude, make a new syringe the proper way, don't use the one you already prepped. It will surely fail.

--------------------
Man thinks. God laughs. - Jewish Proverb

Edited by no-tone (05/07/05 11:18 AM)

Invisibleralphster44
collector
 User Gallery

#4145896 - 05/07/05 11:31 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I want a beer too:) :mushroom2:

--------------------
www.RalphstersSpores.com

WE SHIP TO CANADA FROM WITHIN CANADA :smile:

For your safety and security, we have a Secure Website.
Also for your security, we will not take your credit card number.
Your security and safety is of utmost importance to us.

Offlinepsilocyben
bad guy

Re: Strange syringe [Re: ralphster44]
    #4146031 - 05/07/05 11:55 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

o.k.
but i'm not buying the next round :beer:
:zoom:

--------------------

Offlinegratefulredhead

Loc: Off the map....
Re: Strange syringe [Re: ralphster44]
    #4146037 - 05/07/05 11:56 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

two problems: 1, looks like you have some sort of contams already, then 2, you pulled in more outside air, which could lead to more contams. not promising. chuck em' and redo.

--------------------

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
    #4146099 - 05/07/05 12:05 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

psilocyben said: o.k. but i'm not buying the next round :beer::zoom:

:mushroom2: I will buy a round of shots. :laugh:

--------------------

OfflineTokagekobushi
Low RankingPsychonaut

Re: Strange syringe [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #4146432 - 05/07/05 12:56 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

So, there is no chance of it sucessfully "knocking up" some jars without them becomming contaminated?

Everything was sterile, i dont see why it wouldnt work...

--------------------
"Mans unfailing capacity to beleive what he prefers to be true, rather than what evidence proves to be likely and possible, has always astounded me. We longe for a caring universe that will save us from our childish mistakes, and in the face of mountains of evidence to the contrary, we will pin all our hopes on the slimmest doubts. God hasnt been proven not to exist, therefore, he must exist!"

"Einstein would turn over in his grave! Not only does God play dice, but the dice are loaded."

"Some would ask, Why would a perfect god create a universe that if filled with so much evil. They have missed a greater conumdrum. Why would a perfect god create a universe at all?"

Invisibleno-tone
Enema Bag Jones

#4146465 - 05/07/05 01:00 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Well, you didn't mention that you were using aseptic techniques... (EDIT: Upon further inspection, you did.) DId you do this procedure in a glove box or flow hood? If you didn't you're chances of contamination are increased exponentially.

It may be worth giving it a shot then. If i were you though, I would use a tried and true tek.

Best of luck!

--------------------

Edited by no-tone (05/07/05 01:02 PM)

OfflineTokagekobushi
Low RankingPsychonaut

#4146469 - 05/07/05 01:00 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

When I said, "a thick layer of stuff" it was the substance that made the water the deep purple in the beginning solution. When it was shook up further, the chunks broke up into much smaller particles, returning the solution to the deep purple state. This doesnt sound like a case of contamination to me, just clumped up spores, as I used waaay too much in this case.

Thanks man! I hope it goes well, as, I made 2 syringes from the liquid that was in the film cannister. My friend used one to knock up 6 jars, and the other in another unorthidox technique (involving a mycobag) he's testing.

And, if i didnt already mention, liberal amounts of lysol/Chlorox wipes/ and alcohol/alcohol burners was applied to everything that went into his project.

--------------------

Invisibleno-tone
Enema Bag Jones

#4146506 - 05/07/05 01:06 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Also, the fact that you used so many prints would mean that the exposure time was increased drastically. Also, because you used so many prints, there is a better chance of contamination due to the fact that you used the whole print. For example, if the print wasn't 100% free of contams, the smaller area you use will have a better chance of being viable. However, becasue you used to whole thing, if there was a small contamination on the print, you will have gotten it.

If you think you did it up nice, give it a shot and let us know how it turned out.

--------------------

Offlinegratefulredhead

Loc: Off the map....
    #4146510 - 05/07/05 01:07 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

hmm... the plot thickens. so, you think that the "thick layer of stuff" was just congealed spores? pics could help...

--------------------

OfflineTokagekobushi
Low RankingPsychonaut

Re: Strange syringe [Re: no-tone]
    #4146554 - 05/07/05 01:13 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Hehe, I wish i had a flow hood/glovebox. that would be nice but, as this is a hobby for me, I dont have enough $$ to dyvert to setting up a completly sterile enviroment free of any form of contams. I cleaned the room i used, sprayed lysol all around, into the air, and on the surface of the table I was using. I left the room, closing the door as well as I could wihtout stirring up the air too much. I re-entered a couple minutes later when I was sure everything was settled. I put on some latex gloves, and I sterilized my tools (alcohol burner was used, 70% Iso. Alcohol, and Chlorox wipes.) I put my face under my shirt as to not stir up the air with more possible contams. I then proceded with my "unorthidox" procedure, and sealed the syringe as well as the film cannister (taped up both with packaging tape).-

--------------------

Invisibleno-tone
Enema Bag Jones

#4146590 - 05/07/05 01:19 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Hell, give it a shot!

--------------------

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #4146705 - 05/07/05 01:38 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

and how did you sterilize the film cannister?

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Brainiac said:

OfflineScU

Re: Strange syringe [Re: Roadkill]
    #4146947 - 05/07/05 02:14 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I wanna beer to :frown:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder